Pre-op weightloss

Can anyone help? I am scheduled for surgery on April 11th and I am following Dr. Miranda's diet and have added walking to my routine. However I am not losing weight, I have only lost 4 to 6 pounds give or take the day I weigh what the scale says. I have emailed Dr. Miranda for suggestions but was wondering if anyone else had or is having this problem. Please help.

Looking to the Future :unsure:

Lora

Can anyone help? I am scheduled for surgery on April 11th and I am following Dr. Miranda's diet and have added walking to my routine. However I am not losing weight, I have only lost 4 to 6 pounds give or take the day I weigh what the scale says. I have emailed Dr. Miranda for suggestions but was wondering if anyone else had or is having this problem. Please help.

Lora

which diet are you following? 2 shakes and a lean cuisine is what worked for me... I believe there were 3-4 options on the diet sheets... so it would help if we knew which one or what you are eating. Also, make sure you are eating enough. I found that when I cut back too much, my body went into starvation mode and hund onto every lb. when I bumped up the caloric intake just a bit (about 1000) I would lose.

she has me replacing one shake for dinner. I will check my caloric intake that may be the problem cause I don't feel hungry.

Lora

which diet are you following? 2 shakes and a lean cuisine is what worked for me... I believe there were 3-4 options on the diet sheets... so it would help if we knew which one or what you are eating. Also, make sure you are eating enough. I found that when I cut back too much, my body went into starvation mode and hund onto every lb. when I bumped up the caloric intake just a bit (about 1000) I would lose.

she has me replacing one shake for dinner. I will check my caloric intake that may be the problem cause I don't feel hungry.

Lora

Lora,

Talk to Dr Miranda. She may have you replace two meals with shakes.

My husband and I did Lean cuisines for two meals. You can find ones that are around 200 calories each. If you have a sensible low fat breakfast that should work.

I live outside of Surprise. Good luck on your trip, you will be fine going by yourself. If you ever want to go back to OCC for fills in the future, drop me a note. My husband and I drive over for fills when we need them.

There is also an Arizona support group that meets for lunch once in a while (lots of take-home boxes after the lunch!) that you might want to join.

Chris

Lora

What time frame did you lose that weight in?

I too had a hard time. I was told to lose 20 pounds but have lost only 13 so far and that was in a month. I don't think it is realistic to expect to lose that much in one month but that is what they wanted from me. I haven't gotten there yet and my surgery is for Monday but they sent me the approval letter so I guess I am a go.

Hi,

I was told to lose as close to 36lbs as possible and had a rough time. I was also told to have a shake for breakfast, lean cuisine for lunch, and a shake for dinner. I was starving so I had some high fiber, low sugar or sugar free snacks, or veggies(which I don't like much), then I was not losing much, but was losing. Then, I gave up any kind of soda or other carbonated drink, and the weight started falling off. This was about 5 weeks before surgery and Dr. Miranda was very happy that, by there scale, I lost 23lbs. Whew! I have never touched any kind of carbonation since and probably never will. One, for my weight loss, and two, for my band. Gotta protect it as much as possible. ;)

Hope this helps some.

Peace,

Judy

Dr. Miranda wants me to lose a total of 14 pounds. She said I should replace to meals with shakes and have a sensible lunch. No salad dressings only wishbone spritzer spray. I have cut out soda, tea and coffee. Just feeling a little down that I am not seeing a difference with all that I am doing. Hanging in there though.