No More skin!!

I have been banded 6 weeks on Monday and have never slimed or PB'd, until now. I will never deviate off track again.I pinched the skin off one of those ready cooked chickens and instantly regretted it. Intense pain in my chest ,hiccupping and then my mouth would not stop watering and I Pb'd 3 times.The relief was instant. (thank goodness)

Should I now have just liquids for a day or so ? I go back to the OCC next week for my first fill, and I don't want to screw up anything.

Any suggestions would be great.

Nicole

I just wanted to give you some support..bless your heart! I have no clue about your question, but maybe Clynn or Snowbird can help you. ><'

I have been banded 6 weeks on Monday and have never slimed or PB'd, until now. I will never deviate off track again.I pinched the skin off one of those ready cooked chickens and instantly regretted it. Intense pain in my chest ,hiccupping and then my mouth would not stop watering and I Pb'd 3 times.The relief was instant. (thank goodness)

Should I now have just liquids for a day or so ? I go back to the OCC next week for my first fill, and I don't want to screw up anything.

Any suggestions would be great.

Nicole

I'd say it was your first time you've had something stuck by your band. I'm also going to tell you this probably won't be your last. You'll find out certain foods will slide by the band and some won't do so good. Everyone is different, so chock this one up as an educational experience. LOL. When you get something stuck or if you have ate too much,, you'll experience the symptoms you just had. So learn your warning signs, but like I said,, everyone is different,, some bandsters won't have the same symptoms of what you experienced. But what you experienced is real common. So chew, chew, chew! I know,, sometimes you think you have chewed something to shreds,, but it never fails,, just depends on what it is. If you haven't irritated your stomach you should be fine. You could go on liquids for a day or so. Also,, depends on how you feel when you eat,, if your wanting to PB still, then you have irritated your stomach. Also,, read the post on how to get a good fill. It's posted several times here at the forum. If your wanting to PB after drinking something,, call the OCC.

I think what she meant by "I pinched the skin off one of those ready cooked chickens and instantly regretted it." was that she pinched off some of the skin, ate the skin, and PB'd. I might be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.

If you are still having difficulty getting anything to stay down without sliming or further pbing, go to liquids for the rest of the day. You may have caused some swelling, that's all. Otherwise, chew well and be careful next time! I did it yesterday over some warmed up leftover Chinese vegies. Boy, was that not worth it!

Hi

When I pinched the skin, I meant I literally took some skin from my daughters cooked chicken and obviously didn't chew enough. I have a little discomfort in chest area so I'm going to stay on shakes and soup today and tomorrow so that I can eat my Easter dinner on Sunday REALLY REALLY SLOWLY and CHEW it to death!

Thanks Nicole