My band is 1 week old

I found that my desicion to get banded was assited in great part to this site. It has been difficult to find much negative feedback regarding the process and the recovery. It's almost 1 week for me now and so far, no problem. My geatest fear is that the band will slip and I would need to start all over agin, but I need to relax about that. I am comforted in the fact that I have a very realistic chance of loosing 60 to 80 pounds which will bring me back to where I want to be, and more importantly will possibly do away with my Type II Diab.

I didn't do my procedure in Mexico and had it done in San Antonio, TX where I now live. The clinic was very good, and I feel the $15K I spend will be well worth it. If anyone has any questions on how the San Antonio clinic performed I would be happy to relate my experience.

Paul

San Antonio, TX

Congrats Paul!!!!

If you look up stats on your band slipping, it is extremely rare. I was banded over 3 years ago, and with everyone I've talked to I've only heard of 1 person having her band slip. She wasn't exactly folowing bandster guidelines either. Your band is stitched into place. My first year I had severe restriction so I was hardly keeping anything down, they say constant throwing up can cause your band to slip, so I freaked out. It turned out I was fine and got an unfill. I'm sure you'll do awesome, remember to chew, never drink with your meals, and most importantly think with your head and not your stomach. You are on an incredible journey, and it sounds like you'll do fantastic. Good luck!!! =D> Helena

Congrats Paul!!!!

If you look up stats on your band slipping, it is extremely rare. I was banded over 3 years ago, and with everyone I've talked to I've only heard of 1 person having her band slip. She wasn't exactly folowing bandster guidelines either. Your band is stitched into place. My first year I had severe restriction so I was hardly keeping anything down, they say constant throwing up can cause your band to slip, so I freaked out. It turned out I was fine and got an unfill. I'm sure you'll do awesome, remember to chew, never drink with your meals, and most importantly think with your head and not your stomach. You are on an incredible journey, and it sounds like you'll do fantastic. Good luck!!! =D> Helena

Thanks Helena,

Of course half the people I know are interested in doing this procedure. I don;t think that I've ever been so committed on success as I am now. Failure is not an option. Thanks again for the kind words.

• 2 months later...
I found that my desicion to get banded was assited in great part to this site. It has been difficult to find much negative feedback regarding the process and the recovery. It's almost 1 week for me now and so far, no problem. My geatest fear is that the band will slip and I would need to start all over agin, but I need to relax about that. I am comforted in the fact that I have a very realistic chance of loosing 60 to 80 pounds which will bring me back to where I want to be, and more importantly will possibly do away with my Type II Diab.

I didn't do my procedure in Mexico and had it done in San Antonio, TX where I now live. The clinic was very good, and I feel the $15K I spend will be well worth it. If anyone has any questions on how the San Antonio clinic performed I would be happy to relate my experience.

Paul

San Antonio, TX

Paul, How hard has been your recovery. Most of these bands seem to be done on the ladies, need a guys point of view. I work in a physical job and am concerned recovery will be to hard and long. Still gotta pay morgage..... any insight you can give would be appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

:-h hello, i also live in san antonio, i was banded 6/23/08 at the true results clinic here in sa, maybe we can keep in touch, update each other, keep each others spirits up!!

Paul

San Antonio, TX