Banded 3/24 and finally home

Well let me just say that this was an adventure! Good times, bad times, but it was all worth it.

Got in Sunday and Francisco was waiting for us as soon as we got there. Took us to meet Mrs. Ortiz who transferred us to the hotel while Francisco went back for more pick ups. Both of them were wonderful! The hotel staff was fantastic, opened our car doors for us, took our luggage upstairs and waiting on us hand and foot. Since we got in early, we took a cab over to Rosarito beach and let me tell you, that was an experience! It was spring break and the place was WILD! People of all types were on the beach as well as horses, dogs, donkeys etc. All I can say is CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY! I was glad to leave.

Had my last meal at the hotel and it was great. It was so funny because the day we got in was like a day that never ended. See, we came from PA so we got to add 4 hours on our day and boy, it felt like it was never going to end. Sleeping in the hotel was wonderful. Those beds are the most comfortable bed I was ever in. I didn't want to get out.

So anyway, next morning, me, Keri and Melinda got to go to the clinic first with Mrs. Ortiz. Once we got there it went quick. All the testing and meeting of everyone was great. The IV nurse was wonderful and I barely felt it. I never felt the stomach shot either - although I know some gals had pain from it, but I didn't. The stocking hurt going on, from the nurse's nails but that is because I have huge legs and she had such a hard time. Everyone I met there was great. No complaints whatsoever. Everyone is so caring warm and nice. And yes, GOOD LOOKING!!!!!!!!!! (by the way, I have tons of pictures and movies I will post somewhere).

After surgery, (I was the 3rd one in) I had a lot of pain, but it was from breathing, nothing else. But that went away quick. I was up and about and walking very early so I got to go back to the hotel the same day.

My husband had dinner with Lisa while I relaxed in my room and her sister stayed at the center. Seems we have a lot in common! ( I hear about the low flying planes story Lisa! I'd a done it).

Enjoyed meeting and talking with Bobbi and her husband Larry. We have a lot in common also, CATS!!!!!!!!!! We love them and have lots of them!!! (Glad to hear you guys made it to your relatives and them home ok - sorry you had to pay though).

Ok, so then we went to Revolution Avenue the next day and that was an experience too. Bought lots of stuff and then started feeling crappy so we went back to the hotel. I kept taking Gas X strips and they didn't seem to help so much. I never got the shoulder pain, it all stayed in my belly. By the way, it hurts to burp!

So, around 4 AM I get up because my stomach feels AWFUL! And OH NO, the dreaded vomitting starts!! Dry heaves of course, but DAMN, that hurt! I was scared because I did it so much and called Dr. Ortiz. He sent his mother over for me and got me back to the center. They checked me under Fluroscopy and the band was fine. We figured it was because I wasn't drinking enough and hadn't had any gatorade so they gave me a few bottles to drink. I did, and then felt better. Walked back to the hotel and felt good. Played on the computer and then walked back to the mall (Down the side street near the center) and did some shopping. That was a cool shopping center. Anyway, started feeling like crap again and took a cab back to the hotel. Got up to our room and started the nauseau again. Called the center back and they sent a car over again. Boy, talk about a welcome, they ALL come out to see you when you are sick! Anyway, another fluroscopy which was fine, was hydrated enough, just don't know why the vomitting. So, they decided to IV me with nexium, an anti nauseau and anti inflamatory. Another IV with no pain!!! Once, that was over, I felt better than ever. Have no idea what that was all about, since I am not usually a thrower upper, but the IV meds seemed to do the trick this time.

Did I say yet how wonderful all the doctors and nurses are? And the Claudia, and the dentisit, nutritionist and especially Pedro ( I forget your last name buddy) but the funny one who wanted to give me beer, the one studying to be a surgeon, and Mrs. Ortiz. What a sweetie! I got lots of hugs from everyone when I left again and felt so cared for. Never EVER have I gotten that kind of reception here in the states. We could learn a hell of a lot from those people.

So, thank God we decided to stay the extra day and finally went home thursday. Francisco got there on time, got us through customs very quickly and to the airport in plenty of time. The plane ride was not nearly as bad as I feared and now, here I sit with my 9 cats surrounding me happy and feeling fine. Although bloated.

The only bad time I had was vomitting. The rest was great. Loved all the people I met and had a great adventure! Such a fun and happy trip. Felt more like vacation than surgery and I was so glad to do it.

Hope all you gals, and guys made it home safe and sound and are all doing well. Please keep in touch!!!

Well let me just say that this was a hell of an adventure! Good times, bad times, but it was all worth it.

Got in Sunday and Francisco was waiting for us as soon as we got there. Took us to meet Mrs. Ortiz who transferred us to the hotel while Francisco went back for more pick ups. Both of them were wonderful! The hotel staff was fantastic, opened our car doors for us, took our luggage upstairs and waiting on us hand and foot. Since we got in early, we took a cab over to Rosarito beach and let me tell you, that was an experience! It was spring break and the place was WILD! People of all types were on the beach as well as horses, dogs, donkeys etc. All I can say is CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY! I was glad to leave.

Had my last meal at the hotel and it was great. It was so funny because the day we got in was like a day that never ended. See, we came from PA so we got to add 4 hours on our day and boy, it felt like it was never going to end. Sleeping in the hotel was wonderful. Those beds are the most comfortable bed I was ever in. I didn't want to get out.

So anyway, next morning, me, Keri and Melinda got to go to the clinic first with Mrs. Ortiz. Once we got there it went quick. All the testing and meeting of everyone was great. The IV nurse was wonderful and I barely felt it. I never felt the stomach shot either - although I know some gals had pain from it, but I didn't. The stocking hurt going on, from the nurse's nails but that is because I have huge legs and she had such a hard time. Everyone I met there was great. No complaints whatsoever. Everyone is so caring warm and nice. And yes, GOOD LOOKING!!!!!!!!!! (by the way, I have tons of pictures and movies I will post somewhere).

After surgery, (I was the 3rd one in) I had a lot of pain, but it was from breathing, nothing else. But that went away quick. I was up and about and walking very early so I got to go back to the hotel the same day.

My husband had dinner with Lisa while I relaxed in my room and her sister stayed at the center. Seems we have a lot in common! ( I hear about the low flying planes story Lisa! I'd a done it).

Enjoyed meeting and talking with Bobbi and her husband Larry. We have a lot in common also, CATS!!!!!!!!!! We love them and have lots of them!!! (Glad to hear you guys made it to your relatives and them home ok - sorry you had to pay though).

Ok, so then we went to Revolution Avenue the next day and that was an experience too. Bought lots of stuff and then started feeling crappy so we went back to the hotel. I kept taking Gas X strips and they didn't seem to help so much. I never got the shoulder pain, it all stayed in my belly. By the way, it hurts to burp!

So, around 4 AM I get up because my stomach feels AWFUL! And OH NO, the dreaded vomitting starts!! Dry heaves of course, but DAMN, that hurt! I was scared because I did it so much and called Dr. Ortiz. He sent his mother over for me and got me back to the center. They checked me under Fluroscopy and the band was fine. We figured it was because I wasn't drinking enough and hadn't had any gatorade so they gave me a few bottles to drink. I did, and then felt better. Walked back to the hotel and felt good. Played on the computer and then walked back to the mall (Down the side street near the center) and did some shopping. That was a cool shopping center. Anyway, started feeling like crap again and took a cab back to the hotel. Got up to our room and started the nauseau again. Called the center back and they sent a car over again. Boy, talk about a welcome, they ALL come out to see you when you are sick! Anyway, another fluroscopy which was fine, was hydrated enough, just don't know why the vomitting. So, they decided to IV me with nexium, an anti nauseau and anti inflamatory. Another IV with no pain!!! Once, that was over, I felt better than ever. Have no idea what that was all about, since I am not usually a thrower upper, but the IV meds seemed to do the trick this time.

Did I say yet how wonderful all the doctors and nurses are? And the Claudia, and the dentisit, nutritionist and especially Pedro ( I forget your last name buddy) but the funny one who wanted to give me beer, the one studying to be a surgeon, and Mrs. Ortiz. What a sweetie! I got lots of hugs from everyone when I left again and felt so cared for. Never EVER have I gotten that kind of reception here in the states. We could learn a hell of a lot from those people.

So, thank God we decided to stay the extra day and finally went home thursday. Francisco got there on time, got us through customs very quickly and to the airport in plenty of time. The plane ride was not nearly as bad as I feared and now, here I sit with my 9 cats surrounding me happy and feeling fine. Although bloated.

The only bad time I had was vomitting. The rest was great. Loved all the people I met and had a great adventure! Such a fun and happy trip. Felt more like vacation than surgery and I was so glad to do it.

Hope all you gals, and guys made it home safe and sound and are all doing well. Please keep in touch!!!

I forgot to mention that I never took a pain pill. Just had tons of gas, no pain!

I forgot to mention that I never took a pain pill. Just had tons of gas, no pain!

Mona,

Thanks for posting your experience. So glad to hear you're alright. Sorry you had the dry heaves...can't imagine what that's like. Actually, I can..I threw up a ton when I had my wisdom teeth out and the combination was not pleasant. Ew.

Thank you for adding extra parts about the area and what you did while you were there. Very helpful!

Alana

Ramona,

My sister Lisa enjoyed spending time with you guys so much. She couldnt wait to tell my hubby when he picked us up that she had sold me to your hubby. My hubby already thought me & my sister were crazy and now this has only confirmed it :)

I am feeling really good today and am able to blow my nose and sneeze without holding my stomach. I was never really in that much pain except for the not being able to burp as good as I use too. I know you said you were a burper too and for it not to come out is so frustrating. The only real problem I have had is yesterday was the first day I took my meds for my ADD and I havent slept since Thursday nite. I wasnt sure if I should take another one today, but I need to get my body used to my pills again so I can sleep. I havent had this problem in 10 yrs, but have never gone off my meds for longer then a day. It was really great to meet everyone and have this special bond with all the girls. I am not going back to TJ for my fill, too expensive. I found a bariatric center about 5 miles from my house.

Good luck to everyone and congradulations to all of us on making it this far =D>

Susan

Ramona -

I just felt really uncomforable, still bloated, the pain on the port side still hurt. Took a pain pill hoping that would help. Didn't so tried to sleep on the plane all the way home.

Your family will understand, maybe a little shocked but you are doing this to get healthy. I wish you all the luck with telling them about the surgery.

I was lucky because my whole family backed me up, Mom, Sister, Husband and children.