Pre-Op Diet Cheaters?

Hi everyone, I am scheduled for April 8th and am having a really hard time with the

diet. I am trying to do the slimfast option @ shakes and a Lean Cuisine.

I am so hungry.

I figured if any of us had good will power we wouldn't need this procedure- right?

I have been eating a lot of stuff thinking that this is my last hurrah.

HELP. Any appetite suppressants that would help?

Thanks for your help!

Claire

Honestly two in my party didn't do so great with their weight loss, but they still had surgery.

Just don't count on getting into surgery if you haven't lost the required weight. We postpone a lot of surgeries too! It depends on your BMI and where you carry the weight, sometimes they will let you go in if you haven't reached the 5% but more often... nope and then you have to either reschedule and come back or stay in Mexico for a week (at your expense) and be strict with the diet. So follow orders!

If you are struggling check in with Dr. Miranda at ext. 86!!

Just don't count on getting into surgery if you haven't lost the required weight. We postpone a lot of surgeries too! It depends on your BMI and where you carry the weight, sometimes they will let you go in if you haven't reached the 5% but more often... nope and then you have to either reschedule and come back or stay in Mexico for a week (at your expense) and be strict with the diet. So follow orders!

If you are struggling check in with Dr. Miranda at ext. 86!!

Lori,

My bmi is between a 30 and 31 preop. How much weight will I be told to lose. I have no longer been able to lose weight on my own that is why I want the surgery. What does the preop diet consist of and for how long would I have to be on it?

Hi everyone, I am scheduled for April 8th and am having a really hard time with the

diet. I am trying to do the slimfast option @ shakes and a Lean Cuisine.

I am so hungry.

I figured if any of us had good will power we wouldn't need this procedure- right?

I have been eating a lot of stuff thinking that this is my last hurrah.

HELP. Any appetite suppressants that would help?

Thanks for your help!

Claire

Try the Adkins Advantage shakes. They have a lot more protein and keep you full much longer and better than SlimFast. And they taste great!

Hey Claire-

I know it sucks right now and every one wants to do the "fare-well to food tour" for me I started my pre-op diet waaaaay early because I knew I would be tempted to cheat so I would eat along the guidelines for 6 days out of the week and then on the 7th day I would eat 1 healthy meal and the other 2 were old favorite meals. It really helped curb my desire to cheat since I had a goal to look forward to that way it was always a few days away. Obviously it's a little to late for you to start with your surgery date getting so close but along the same lines as what I said above if you choose your favorite meal and plan to have it the evening before you leave for TJ it will help get you through the rough times! Good luck...

Hi everyone, newbie here just getting up to speed on everything.

I am going to be going in for my procedure in September with Dr. Ortiz but am more freaked out about the liquid diet (especially pre-op) than the surgery itself!!! Are you allowed to take an appetite suppresant at all while trying to lose the 5%? I have lost 100 pounds before recently but think I am really burned out from the strictness and now am having a heck of a time cracking down....I don' t know how I can do liquid that long without an appetite suppresant!

Thanks for any info and advice you can throw my way, I would be very grateful!!

Hi everyone, newbie here just getting up to speed on everything.

I am going to be going in for my procedure in September with Dr. Ortiz but am more freaked out about the liquid diet (especially pre-op) than the surgery itself!!! Are you allowed to take an appetite suppresant at all while trying to lose the 5%? I have lost 100 pounds before recently but think I am really burned out from the strictness and now am having a heck of a time cracking down....I don' t know how I can do liquid that long without an appetite suppresant!

Thanks for any info and advice you can throw my way, I would be very grateful!!

DixyChixy-

You have a great advantage over many bandsters in that you have a long time before your surgery, so why wait until 2 weeks before your surgery date to start the pre-op diet? I had 2 months before my surgery and was able to lose 21lbs I'm sure you can lose at least that much weight in 6 months! The key is to make little changes starting now, maybe replacing just 1 meal a day with a slim-fast. I know it seems small but you'd be amazed to know how much a little change like that (for me it was exchanging a 160 cal optifast for the 800-1000 calorie lunch I was consuming. Just cutting 500calories per day from what you used to eat will give you a 1lb weight loss a week if there are about 24 weeks before your surgery it should be a breeze!