Scheduled banding date 21st August 2006

Hello everyone,

I have today sent off my deposit and booked my ticket for the 20th August 2006, hopefully Dr Ortiz will perform my surgery on Monday 21st August 2006.

My bmi is low, barely 30, however I am nervous but excited as I believe that this procedure will put an end to the yo-yo dieting I have experienced for the last twenty years.

I am a black, British Expat currently residing in Manhattan, New York. Because of familly committments (our two young children) my husband is unable to accompany me to Mexico so unfortunately I will be travelling and enduring this procedure alone unless anyone else is considering surgery on this date!!!!

It would be great to receive any helpful information seasoned bandsters may have as well as any time estimates as to how long it will take to re-enter the US from the Mexician side of the boarder. This information will enable me to determine whether I need to change the time of my departing flight. I read one post that stated a period of three hours should be allowed for when crossing the boarder back to the US.

Hello - My flight home from San Deigo was in the evenning. Our driver left the Lucerna Hotel around 10-10:30am and our flight was booked at 2:45pm. I think we had a little over an hour to spare at the airport (our flight was delayed). Crossing the border is boring and time consuming and I'm afraid it will be a little more difficult with the re-inforcement of the National Guard at the borders. I'm going back June 11-12 for my 1st fill... I'll let you know how the border crossing goes. Pack light and it's best to use a suitcase with rollers because post op you aren't suppose to lift anything heavier than 12lbs. Give yourself plenty of room in crowds to avoid elbows and pushing... beware of escalators and give yourself plenty of steps between you and those in front of you. I had to side step two lost ladies at the top of the San Deigo airport escaltor and pulled my side so bad it brought tears to my eyes. Best wishes!