Just back, banded yesterday!

Hello there! Well first I want to thanks everyone for the well wishes as I was on my way to see Dr. Ortiz (just about the most handsome man EVER!). I had a great time. I almost hate to say it but I really did have a blast. My honey drove me down to the parking lot next to the boarder and I met Francisco who from there took me over to the OCC but no one was there yet so he took me to the Hotel Lucerna. Francisco was really fun and we had a few laughs. I waited in the lobby at the hotel for Mrs. Ortiz and as people would come to sit in the lobby I asked if they too were waiting for Mrs. Ortiz. I guess they thought I was a bit of a nut so I quietly read a book. Finally Mrs. Ortiz came in and what a lovely lady she is. Another couple joined us and we all rode together to the OCC. Smooth as silk I tell ya, had the blood, EKG and met with the nutritionist (now she is a hoot!). Turned out only four of us were getting banded I was the second in. I was impressed with how throrough the doctors and nurses are. Any questions any concerns? Dr. Ortiz came in my room sat with me for awhile and watched some t.v. I felt like he was going to just stay and visit. Unlike the American Dr.'s here he wasn't back stepping out the door as he was conversing with. In the O.R. I felt some pain with the anesthesia like a burning and quickly I was out. When I awoke I was tucked in my bed and ready to start sprints aroung the center. I literally was on the move and fast! I only had a little soreness and that went away beore the end of the day. I immediately started with the gasX strips, dilligently sucked on the breathing device and walked briskly around and around. Soon my bandee friends were out and all of us were trotting together. Our nurses Jose and Carmenita were so kind and attendant. I am now home, I chose not to spend another night and feel so good it's scary. I am sipping fluids like crazy and my gas is coming at a steady pace so I am not experienceing pain. I am up and walking about every 20 minutes.

Before I left for T.J. I made some home cooked chicken broth and am I glad I did! I would suggest to all to have homemade broths they are yummy!

I have no worries and feel like I could literally take a jog, of course I won't!

I want to thank Jena, Charlotte and Rebca for making this expierence fun. Looking forward to meeting up for our fills.

I am still a little goofy with the meds so I hope I didn't ramble too much. I will say at this point I am so glad I did the banding and for the first time I feel like there really is hope for me now! Pargirl!!

P.S. Thanks to all of you who let me pester you pre op, I love you!

ParGirl

Hello there! Well first I want to thanks everyone for the well wishes as I was on my way to see Dr. Ortiz (just about the most handsome man EVER!). I had a great time. I almost hate to say it but I really did have a blast. My honey drove me down to the parking lot next to the boarder and I met Francisco who from there took me over to the OCC but no one was there yet so he took me to the Hotel Lucerna. Francisco was really fun and we had a few laughs. I waited in the lobby at the hotel for Mrs. Ortiz and as people would come to sit in the lobby I asked if they too were waiting for Mrs. Ortiz. I guess they thought I was a bit of a nut so I quietly read a book. Finally Mrs. Ortiz came in and what a lovely lady she is. Another couple joined us and we all rode together to the OCC. Smooth as silk I tell ya, had the blood, EKG and met with the nutritionist (now she is a hoot!). Turned out only four of us were getting banded I was the second in. I was impressed with how throrough the doctors and nurses are. Any questions any concerns? Dr. Ortiz came in my room sat with me for awhile and watched some t.v. I felt like he was going to just stay and visit. Unlike the American Dr.'s here he wasn't back stepping out the door as he was conversing with. In the O.R. I felt some pain with the anesthesia like a burning and quickly I was out. When I awoke I was tucked in my bed and ready to start sprints aroung the center. I literally was on the move and fast! I only had a little soreness and that went away beore the end of the day. I immediately started with the gasX strips, dilligently sucked on the breathing device and walked briskly around and around. Soon my bandee friends were out and all of us were trotting together. Our nurses Jose and Carmenita were so kind and attendant. I am now home, I chose not to spend another night and feel so good it's scary. I am sipping fluids like crazy and my gas is coming at a steady pace so I am not experienceing pain. I am up and walking about every 20 minutes.

Before I left for T.J. I made some home cooked chicken broth and am I glad I did! I would suggest to all to have homemade broths they are yummy!

I have no worries and feel like I could literally take a jog, of course I won't!

I want to thank Jena, Charlotte and Rebca for making this expierence fun. Looking forward to meeting up for our fills.

I am still a little goofy with the meds so I hope I didn't ramble too much. I will say at this point I am so glad I did the banding and for the first time I feel like there really is hope for me now! Pargirl!!

P.S. Thanks to all of you who let me pester you pre op, I love you!

ParGirl

Now this is the kind of story I like to hear...good experiences...I have a surgical consult on April 23/08 in Mississauga On, Canada and it's nice to hear that it's not all horror stories. I have ordered Dr. Ortiz's book, Lap Band for Life and two cookbooks for weight loss surgery patients and look forward to reading them.

I hope in the coming days you are still doing well and on the road to recovery and weight loss...best of luck, Cathy

Congrats on a great experience! Isn't everyone just the best??

><' Congratulations! and thanks for posting your experience. As my own surgery draws close...next monday, I am getting more and more anxious. So, hearing a good experience helps alot.