Hey 3/24 bandsters, check in with your fellow buddies!! And dilema on my first fill.

How is everyone doing? Mindy? Bobbi? Amber? Kari? Lisa's sister ( I forget her name) and the other sisters we rode in the van back to the ariport with (one from Texas one from ???) and Pete's wife and Evette!! And the others I forget you names, so sorry! And Nicole from Canada who rode in the van with us back to the border - you just got a fill. How are you all doing?

I am so horrible with names, but I remember all of you from 3/24 and just wanting to know if you are all doing ok. We only have one more week until solids!! Any one lose weight?

I am ok now. Lost 10 pounds post op for a toal of 25. Still on liquids, obviously but really craving food. I had another horrific vomitting issue at home here a week ago. Creamy soups didn't sit too well. Not sure what the heck all these problems are, but hopefully they are behind me now.

I am having a dilema about scheduling my first fill. When I was still in Mexico with my vomitting issues, Dr. Martinez said I might be one of the very small percent of people who may never need a fill and not to schedule a fill until I was eating solids long enough to know I was eating too much. The problem with that is, the cost of plane tickets is so high, I need to be able to purchase them a month ahead of time to get a good price. If I wait til I am eating for several weeks, then decide I need a fill, then have to wait another month for plane tickets, I could very well end up gaining back all that weight I already lost. I did call CLaudia and scheduled a fill for memorial day monday, but didn't buy tickets yet. I just cannot make up my mind if I should go ahead and do it. I thought if I did go ahead and make an appointment and buy tickets, if I ended up not needing a fill, then I could just say I had a nice little vacation. Although I was intending to bring my mom back with me this time along with my neice. I am the one who's family freaked out when they heard where I was going. After seeing my movie and hearing about it, they are fine now. Then again, if I do that, dopn't get the fill and end up needing one 2 months later, I can't go back a 3rd time. I live in PA so it is really far for me to go.

Are any of you going back to the OC for your first fill? If so, when are you going? Has anyoen else here not needed a fill at all?

How is everyone doing? Mindy? Bobbi? Amber? Kari? Lisa's sister ( I forget her name) and the other sisters we rode in the van back to the ariport with (one from Texas one from ???) and Pete's wife and Evette!! And the others I forget you names, so sorry! And Nicole from Canada who rode in the van with us back to the border - you just got a fill. How are you all doing?

I am so horrible with names, but I remember all of you from 3/24 and just wanting to know if you are all doing ok. We only have one more week until solids!! Any one lose weight?

I am ok now. Lost 10 pounds post op for a toal of 25. Still on liquids, obviously but really craving food. I had another horrific vomitting issue at home here a week ago. Creamy soups didn't sit too well. Not sure what the heck all these problems are, but hopefully they are behind me now.

I am having a dilema about scheduling my first fill. When I was still in Mexico with my vomitting issues, Dr. Martinez said I might be one of the very small percent of people who may never need a fill and not to schedule a fill until I was eating solids long enough to know I was eating too much. The problem with that is, the cost of plane tickets is so high, I need to be able to purchase them a month ahead of time to get a good price. If I wait til I am eating for several weeks, then decide I need a fill, then have to wait another month for plane tickets, I could very well end up gaining back all that weight I already lost. I did call CLaudia and scheduled a fill for memorial day monday, but didn't buy tickets yet. I just cannot make up my mind if I should go ahead and do it. I thought if I did go ahead and make an appointment and buy tickets, if I ended up not needing a fill, then I could just say I had a nice little vacation. Although I was intending to bring my mom back with me this time along with my neice. I am the one who's family freaked out when they heard where I was going. After seeing my movie and hearing about it, they are fine now. Then again, if I do that, dopn't get the fill and end up needing one 2 months later, I can't go back a 3rd time. I live in PA so it is really far for me to go.

Are any of you going back to the OC for your first fill? If so, when are you going? Has anyoen else here not needed a fill at all?

I was like you,, I ended up with the smaller 4cc band. I had lots of restriction from the get go. I waited till my 10th week to get my first fill and Doctor Romero only gave me 4 tenths of a cc on my first fill. I felt disappointed,, You read that most will have a nice big 1.8cc fill on that first fill,,, but nooooo,, not me. LOL. In the 14 months since I've been banded,, I've only had 4 fills and I'm up to 2.3cc's in my band. Every fill I've had they have just been small fills. That just happens. What can you say. LOL. Your like me,, your going to have to be carefull in that time frame between knowing you need a fill and when you can get one. You can do it,, just watch what your doing.

Hi Ramona,

This is Susan, Lisa's sister and also the one from Texas :) I am doing great. I have lost 11 lbs, but last night was the first night that after I went to bed I felt hungry and knew I would not be able to sleep without eating something, so I had a 4oz yogurt. It did the trick. I plan on getting my fill here in Austin, they just opened up a new fill center that does the fluoro, and am thinking about getting it done around May 14th, would like it done the week before, but aunt flo will be here.

I dont want to spend all that extra money to go back to TJ for my fill, but understand about you wanting to buy your ticket early. I know how much you dont want to gain wait, as we all know too well, but I think you should wait till you have been eating for a few weeks to see if you even need a fill. Maybe you will be one of the lucky few who never need a fill.

Well good luck with everything. Cant wait till Sunday to eat real food ><'

Susan

Hello Mona,

I was banded the day after you and I think I chatted with your Hubby at the Hotel. I see you're from Pa. also, I'm from the State College area.... {Ithink we spoke about this before} anyways, I want to go back to the OCC for my first fill, but having some problems getting up the money. I know what you mean about the flights, they're alot cheaper when purchased ahead of time. It may be 10 weeks or more before I get to go. I don't have much restriction and have been cheating!! :(( [i suck!]

I know I need a fill, could use one right now!

What airline did you use? I used Delta for my first trip.

Ramona

Hello! (it's Mindy) I am also struggling with returning to OCC for my first fill or driving 90 minutes to Olympia, WA and paying $375 for a fill with flouro. I checked prices for me and they are around $350 for r/t air and 2 nights hotel...I was choosing a hotel in San Diego near the trolley so I could hop it, take to the border, walk across then taxi to occ. Of course when I add up the price... day off work (commission job so no vacation time) etc... it's around $700 vs: staying here. The ONE THING that keeps me wanting to go back to the OCC is that since I have no insurance and no PCP here... My fear is with my first fill they will say "ohh... your port flipped, something slipped.. etc, " and I will be like... WTC!! (what the crap) they won't be able to do anythign about it.. but if I was at the OCC they could fix it!! especially since I want to stay at least 24hrs after my fill in case of adjustment. LOL

that didn't help at all did it!!

Hi Susan, good to hear from you. YEAH on the 11 pounds. I lost 10 since I am home. Glad you are doing ok, and say hi to Lisa for us too!! What are you going to eat for your first meal? Dr. MArtinez wants me to go with watery oatmeal and flaky fish for my first, due to my vomitting issues he thinks I may still have resriction anyway.

Hi iwantbanded. I was thinking of going memorial day weekend so maybe you can go then too. I used Delta and really liked them. They seem to have bigger seats. I do seem to have restriction even though I can start food this weekend. I can actually feel cery full from liquids still.

Hi Mindi!! They have a special going on at the OC now. A fill under fluro, transportation and one night at the hotel for $275 I think, or somewhere around there. That might help you out. I have a memeorial day appointment set up for a fill with the OC, but didn't get plane tickets yet. Wanted to make sure they had a spot for me that day before I decide whether to go or not. I am pretty sure I am going to go anyway and If I end up not needing a fill, well then I got a small vacation outof it anyway.

Hi Evette!! Thank you so much for your offer, that is very sweet of you! But, so far I am thinking of memorial day weekend so my hubby doesn't have to take off work. My mom and neice want to come too so it will be like a small vacation for us. 10 pounds is good, thats what I lost too! But, I think it will be more once you are filled.

Take care all and happy dieting!!