My 1st Fill!!!!

Hello everyone!!

I had my first fill on Saturday 4/5/08. I went to the local Fill Center and WOW!!! Everyone there was soooo sweet and professional. Darlene (the nurse practitioner) was so helpful and guided me through every step. We spent a lot of time talking about my "bandster hell" that I went through and she assured me that it was totally normal. During my fill she first put in 2cc's (I have a 4cc band) then I drank so barium and it went through no problem- so she said "that won't due" and she put in .5cc's more and then I drank more barium (yuk!!) and it went through like a small stream and she said "that's more like it".

I have done quite well since. Small amounts of chicken broth Saturday and Sunday then some creamy chicken soup today for lunch and I feel VERY full!!! This is wonderful!!! Please, please, please let it stay this way!!!! She did tell me that by Thursday all (if any) swelling would be gone and I should be at the restriction level intended. So I'm thinking by that statement I may lose a little restriction- if I had any swelling- hopefully not, because seriously this is the 1st time I have felt fullness in at least 15 years.

Thanks for everyone's support while I was going through "bandster hell". You guys pulled me through!!! And finally ONE-DERLAND HERE I AM!!!

Hello everyone!!

I had my first fill on Saturday 4/5/08. I went to the local Fill Center and WOW!!! Everyone there was soooo sweet and professional. Darlene (the nurse practitioner) was so helpful and guided me through every step. We spent a lot of time talking about my "bandster hell" that I went through and she assured me that it was totally normal. During my fill she first put in 2cc's (I have a 4cc band) then I drank so barium and it went through no problem- so she said "that won't due" and she put in .5cc's more and then I drank more barium (yuk!!) and it went through like a small stream and she said "that's more like it".

I have done quite well since. Small amounts of chicken broth Saturday and Sunday then some creamy chicken soup today for lunch and I feel VERY full!!! This is wonderful!!! Please, please, please let it stay this way!!!! She did tell me that by Thursday all (if any) swelling would be gone and I should be at the restriction level intended. So I'm thinking by that statement I may lose a little restriction- if I had any swelling- hopefully not, because seriously this is the 1st time I have felt fullness in at least 15 years.

Thanks for everyone's support while I was going through "bandster hell". You guys pulled me through!!! And finally ONE-DERLAND HERE I AM!!!

Hey Cindy!

I'm glad everything went so smooth!

You look amazing. Keep up the great work =D>

Im so glad to hear that your experience was amazing! That is comforting that there are still great medical centers the states. How did the fill feel? Did it hurt, uncomfortable? I am already a little nervous I have heard the needle is huge. Im not even a week post-op haha but have such a fear of needles that I start to freak out haha. Well good luck on your fullness and I am excited you are able to feel confidant this will work for you!

God Bless

Jacklyn

Im so glad to hear that your experience was amazing! That is comforting that there are still great medical centers the states. How did the fill feel? Did it hurt, uncomfortable? I am already a little nervous I have heard the needle is huge. Im not even a week post-op haha but have such a fear of needles that I start to freak out haha. Well good luck on your fullness and I am excited you are able to feel confidant this will work for you!

God Bless

Jacklyn

Hi Jacklyn;

The fill did not hurt at all. First I laid on a fluoro table and she pushed around to fell my port and pulled the picture up on the monitor. I don't even remember what the needle looked like because I was too busy running my mouth, but I just felt a prick then a little pressure when it went into the port. The weird feeling came when the bed raised me to a sitting position with the syringe hanging out of my belly, but she said no to worry it wouldn't come out. Then a couple more pictures, 2 sips of barium and it was done!!! From the way it felt it didn't feel like the needle was big- so no worries!

That is sooo great to know! Thanks for your comfort....I am such a wiener! haha this was my third surgery, tons of allergy testing and multiple hospital stays as a child and somehow I am still a wuss haha! Good luck on your fill, I hope its the only one you need and this time next year we will be hotties! YAY!

Great Job Cindy!! =D>

You are doing so well, even after "bandster hell" you're already in ONDERLAND!! I'm sure this fill will have you back on track in no time!!

Thanks for the support MamaMichelle! Look at you girl 1lb away from 40lb weight loss!!!! Keep up the AWESOME work!!

Hooray for YOU! Thank you for sharing this. It is encouraging, and I love hearing about everyone's progress. Congrats... you are doing great!