Need help from veteran bansters or anyone really

Before being filled last Saturday I was drinking 126oz of water daily- just normal full mouth drinks. I wish I had of asked Darlene at the fill center, but I didn't think about it then. Does anyone know if too big of a drink OR to many drinks of water back to back can stretch the pouch? :-?

Thanks for any input!

I have been wondering this too... I have never been a sip, sip, sipper!

I try to drink 8 to 10 of my 10oz bottles of waters that I drink in 3-4 gulps, I think that will stop when I get filled.

Cindy- Have you noticed any difference with how much water you CAN drink after your fill?

I have been wondering this too... I have never been a sip, sip, sipper!

I try to drink 8 to 10 of my 10oz bottles of waters that I drink in 3-4 gulps, I think that will stop when I get filled.

Cindy- Have you noticed any difference with how much water you CAN drink after your fill?

I usually by now would be at 64-70oz and I am at about 40oz, but I'm scared to drink normally because I don't know if it would do harm.... so literally I am sipping, and sipping, and sipping, and sipping. Did I mention sipping.... tired of sipping. lol

I'm a chugger. I hope I don't have to start sipping after my fill... I'll be dehydrated for sure. I'm much too impatient and busy to sip as much water as I need in a day (especially if I can't drink any with a meal). *sigh*

When I was having my vomitting issues 2 days post op and they (Docotrs at the OC) thought I wasn't drinking enough, they told me the amount I should be drinking per day was about 6 bottles of the small size of gatorade. 8 ounces maybe times 6, so 48 ounces per day.

I wouldn't want to go to far beyond that though, because contrary to popular belief, it is absolutely possible to drink to much. Drnking too much can lead to water on the brain.

Sad to say, I don't think you will ever be able to gulp, I too am a water gulper!! :) after my fill, it's like after surgery sip, sip, sip, you can feel it going down..... I may not be like that for everyone, but that's how mine was.... Good luck to you all

Donna

Bump - ok veteran bansters - anymore input - If we don't sip will we stretch our pouch?

Bump - ok veteran bansters - anymore input - If we don't sip will we stretch our pouch?

If you drink water and it causes you to vomit, you have taken too big a drink. You will not stretch your pouch with water or anything unless you make a habit of eating way past your stop point.

Two years post-op, I can tell you that I drink 3-4 liters of water a day. I drink over 1 liter at the gym in the mornings and in a short time frame. Then, I drink a protein shake on top of that--immediately after. I've never had any problems with drinking water...even if I drink a lot at once. This is, of course, just my experience...NOT a medical opinion. I don't see how water could cause problems...again, just my opinion. I drink tons of it!

I've been banded 15 months and I've found if you PB water,, your either drinking it so fast it can't get by the restriction quick enough,, and if you drinking slowly and you PB, your might be too tight. But,, I've know several bandsters that like the agressive fill and they know they have to drink or eat slowly. I think its all a personal preference. Just don't get a fill that has so much restriction you can only sip water. If you can't handle water,, you sure as heck ain't going to be able to eat anything without it getting stuck,, which will lead into PBing all the time,, which greatly increases your risk of a band slip. Play it smart! This is why its best to do the fluoro/barium during your fill,,, this way the fill doctor can see if liquid flows by your band.

I was wondering the same thing bc i like to CHUG water.. i talked to my fill doc and she said that taking big drinks of room temp water is ok... she doesnt recomend chugging or taking HUGE drinks, but she said sipping isnt really nec. I still take small drinks, but if Im really thristy, ill take a big drink. I think that listening to your body is a big thing. If you take a big drink and it hurts...dont do it again!!