General questions about the procedure and clinic

Hello everyone,

I am thinking on doing the lap band procedure and this forum has been very helpful to put my fears at ease. I am wondering about a few things and maybe you guys can help me out.

1. I was reading that you stay 2 days at the clinic and 2 days at the hotel. Is this correct?

2. I am assuming that the hotel stay is covered by the price but can your loved one stay there with you as well? How about when you are at the clinic? I'm assuming you have to pay for a room at the hotel for them?

3. What price did you pay for the procedure? I know that in Canada its $16,000. There's a company that can arrange all the details here and they are saying around $8,000 to go have it done at the clinic.

4. I am concerned about the port. Can you see this through your skin? Where is it located?

5. Do you wear this port for life? Does the procedure have a life span?

6. How filled was your band at first? How long before your next fill? How many fills do you actually need?

7. How long did it take you to get an appointment?

Any information would be appreciated. I'll keep reading your posts they are very informative.

Thanks

Sue

hello i was banded on the 17th of this month so i have some answers for u.

1. it's one at hospital and two nights at hotel

2. the hotel is included in the 8000. and your spouse can stay in the hotel room with u and then stay when u are at the clinic.

3. i paid 7950.00

4. it's located on the left side and no you cant see it.

7. it has taken me 4 weeks to get an appointment but i'm getting my fill done in austin at a fill center

1. I was reading that you stay 2 days at the clinic and 2 days at the hotel. Is this correct? I had my surgery done the same day I arrived so I spent the first night in the clinic and then spent the next 2 nights at the hotel.

2. I am assuming that the hotel stay is covered by the price but can your loved one stay there with you as well? How about when you are at the clinic? I'm assuming you have to pay for a room at the hotel for them? Yes the hotel cost is included, if you have a loved one with you they will stay in the hotel alone on the night you spend in the clinic, there is no additional charge as long as you are in the same room as your loved one.

3. What price did you pay for the procedure? I know that in Canada its $16,000. There's a company that can arrange all the details here and they are saying around $8,000 to go have it done at the clinic. I paid $7,950 on 2/28/08

4. I am concerned about the port. Can you see this through your skin? Where is it located?

My port is on the left hand side 5 inches or so below my heart... no you can not see it through the skin here is my 1 month post-op scars the port is near the longer scar.

l_ef34eb9ae7951e5b70a8ed7a422b3fb6.jpg The diagonal mark is a scratch from my dog.. :)

5. Do you wear this port for life? Does the procedure have a life span? Yes usually one port will last your lifespan, sometimes people opt for a lower-profile port once they lose a lot of weight and start wanting 6-pack abs.

6. How filled was your band at first? How long before your next fill? How many fills do you actually need? There is zero fill in your band when it is installed, you must wait 6-8 weeks before getting your 1st fill.

7. How long did it take you to get an appointment? I booked a month ahead of time, another member Evette got an appointment within a week or so of inquiring.

Any information would be appreciated. I'll keep reading your posts they are very informative. We are happy to help!!