4/29 Bansters??

Im getting banded on 4/29. Im so excited Im already not sleeping. I have a couple of questions. Do I have to give up the amount of water and unsweetened ice tea after the surg? I drink a ton of water and was worried that they might give me a liquid restriction. :-? Also, Im an ER nurse and wondering how soon any of the nurses out there went back to work? Thanks everyone.

Welcome to our forum, I'm sure you'll find one or two fellow bandsters that share your date.

As for the water there's no limit per-se but you will want to only sip-sip-sip the water, no more big gulps!!

As for the tea I believe that you are not allowed to have anything with caffeine so you may have to get used to the decaf teabags for a while!

Here is a link to Dr. Miranda's exact post op guidelines, http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5220 that should help answer some of your questions!

Nebsmom, hey I am a nurse and I had surgery on 3/17. I only work part-time but I went back to work 1 week later. I probably could have went back sooner but with you working in the ER I would not chance it. That is a very fast-paced unit and you never know what kind of day you will have. Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted.

Nebsmom, hey I am a nurse and I had surgery on 3/17. I only work part-time but I went back to work 1 week later. I probably could have went back sooner but with you working in the ER I would not chance it. That is a very fast-paced unit and you never know what kind of day you will have. Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted.

Thanks ladies~! I have been reading this board everyday for 2 weeks. I LOVE it. Your guys are so inspirational. Blazn~ I will work a 6 hour shift 5 days post-op in the peds ER. I thought that might be ok! I wont start my 12 hr shifts for 4 days after that. Golly Im so excited I cant stand it! Thanks ladies!

I always gulped tea and water and it was a huge adjustment to stop. Everyone is different, but if I did more than sip during the first week I would get sick. I could nurse a 16oz bottle of water all day long! :lol:

Hi Everyone,

Cassie and I will be arriving in TJ April 18th for two more new bandsters !!! We can't wait to see everyone at the OCC !! ><'

Jenn

(Cassie's Mom)

Hi Everyone,

Cassie and I will be arriving in TJ April 18th for two more new bandsters !!! We can't wait to see everyone at the OCC !! ><'

Jenn

(Cassie's Mom)

Hi Jenn,

There will be 5 of us there that morning for our first fill (we were all banded on 2/28) it will be so great to meet you and Cassie!