Reward system

I have come up with a little list of rewards for losing weight. Every 10 lbs. gets a new reward (hair color, $X for new clothes, facials, trip to Vegas, etc.) for me. These are things I have always felt guilty about spending money on since I have 5 kids... but this is hard, and I totally deserve it! I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

So is anyone else doing this? I'd love to hear what others are rewarding themselves with.

I have come up with a little list of rewards for losing weight. Every 10 lbs. gets a new reward (hair color, $X for new clothes, facials, trip to Vegas, etc.) for me. These are things I have always felt guilty about spending money on since I have 5 kids... but this is hard, and I totally deserve it! I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

So is anyone else doing this? I'd love to hear what others are rewarding themselves with.

You absolutely deserve to treat yourself, this is not an easy thing you are doing and any reward for a job well done, is well deserved.

You go girl! And don't feel guilty..if you are like me, you do everything for eveyone else and think of yourself last...but you need to keep Mama happy.

If Mama's not happy, nobody's happy!!!

Take care Cathy

5 kids?!!! WOW!! Congrats! That is a lot of work! I have 2 dogs and that is enough for me right now! :lol: I have not set up a reward system yet but my parents have! My dad is giving me $5000 when I reach 100lbs gone which is nice, but about a year away...my mom has given me things for each milestone- like first day for real food, one month banded, then my next 20 lbs lost I get a coach bag from my mom and step dad.

It keeps me motivated, but my pants getting baggier and baggier is almost more motivating.

Having to buy new jeans every 2-3 weeks is pretty motivating to me! I have just felt better about myself which has made me want to get my hair and nails done but no I don't have anything pre-planned!

Mac- Tell your parents I am available for adoption if they need another daughter... what a sweet deal that is!!

I hadn't thought about doing that yet. I am still having a hard time not putting myself into "diet" mode. Everything I have read about Lapband surgery is that you are to learn to not "diet" anymore and learn to eat as a normal skinny person. Right now, being 4, almost 5 weeks post-op, my concern is back into diet mode and not gaining before my fill. Maybe rewards will help me... hmmm

btw, I have 6 kids... they are getting older though and moving out, first 2 gone already...also giving me a hard time as I really miss having them all around me.

I am interested in hearing if people are still "dieting" with the band...

Here is my family...at christmas

fam.jpg

and a few weeks agoAddsion%20007.jpg

Having to buy new jeans every 2-3 weeks is pretty motivating to me! I have just felt better about myself which has made me want to get my hair and nails done but no I don't have anything pre-planned!

Mac- Tell your parents I am available for adoption if they need another daughter... what a sweet deal that is!!

Michelle- they would adopt you hahah just come in FL and visit first! hahaha ><'

I am rewarding myself...

At 199 =D> I am going to go to the MAC counter, get a makeover (to make me look like a sexy b*atch) and buy all new makeup.

At 50#'s, I am buying myself a new purse: Coach, Dooney or Juicy

When I can fit into XL's: I am buying myself a Juicy Sweatsuit =D> I've always wanted one, but sadly they dont do big girls

When I reach goal - My husband has agreed to a whole new wardrobe, including a weekend trip to New York :D and a trip to Nordstrom with a personal shopper and I plan on buying out Victoria Secret's since I HAVE NEVER been able to buy anything but lotion and makeup there.

Told my husband this could be very exspensive for him!!! But I am sooooooooooooo worth it!

I treat myself all the time for no other reason than I like treats!

I wish I was able to spoil myself like that! LOL!

Unfortunately, I need an excuse to spend money on myself. It's tough being a single parent. Oy!

I have 7 children and it was fun hearing from all of you with big families (after all they are part of where this weight came from right :unsure:

With my band coming up on May 8th, I am pretty comfortable with the information I have re the preop diet, but I am not sure what the post op diet everyone is talking about includes and how to have things prepared for that when I get back.

Also it was mentioned in this thread that you aren't supposed to diet, do they just tell you to eat normally but less or what. I was assuming the band basically put me on a life long diet.

Just banded Mon 4-7. right now for me a reward is a BIG BURP! =D> I know you know what I mean. Just looking for some pounds lost at this point. i will try to weigh in the next day or so. stay tuned!

5 kids?!!! WOW!! Congrats! That is a lot of work! I have 2 dogs and that is enough for me right now! :lol: I have not set up a reward system yet but my parents have! My dad is giving me $5000 when I reach 100lbs gone which is nice, but about a year away...my mom has given me things for each milestone- like first day for real food, one month banded, then my next 20 lbs lost I get a coach bag from my mom and step dad.

It keeps me motivated, but my pants getting baggier and baggier is almost more motivating.

I want your mom and dad! :lol:

I treat myself all the time for no other reason than I like treats!

That is the best reason yet!