First Fill?

I'm from eastern canada and its quite a trip to go back to mexico not to mention the cost. How important is it to have your first fill at the clinic? What kinds of things can happen if I go somewhere else. Does anyone know why they can't do a fill when its done. Do you still get really full even if you don't have it filled? I guess I'm just a little confused on the purpose of the fill.

Boy its tough when you get prcedures away from your home town.

please enlighten me :-?

sue

Lots of people like to go back to the OCC just to make sure everything is okay, but I am going to use Fill Centers USA due to the cost of travel. Dr. Ortiz is on the advisory board there and they are very familiar with his patients. I have requested my medical records so that my aftercare provider will know exactly what, when, who, where, and why everything is like it is. I am very comfortable going there, although I would love to go back to OCC just to see everyone again. Anyway, hope all works out for you. Keep us posted.

I am not going back to the OCC because of the lengthy flight and cost. I am seeing a Bariatric surgeon where I live.

How important is it to have your first fill at the clinic? What kinds of things can happen if I go somewhere else. With any procedure in any city there are risks, whether it is at OCC or a Fill Center or at your local Dr. I don't think going anywhere else is really that much of an issue, but many Drs. won't treat patients banded in Mexico so be sure to check!!

Does anyone know why they can't do a fill when its done. They install the band inside of you unfilled because the swelling from the surgery will give you plenty of restriction for 2-3 weeks (for some people it's longer) once the swelling is gone most people lose all restriction and some can eat as much as they did before surgery. The fill is what really kicks you into weigh loss mode because that's where you get all the restriction!!

Do you still get really full even if you don't have it filled? I guess I'm just a little confused on the purpose of the fill. See above about fills, fullness with no fill is rare but some people may never need a fill, others may need 3-5 fills in their first year. I believe I read somewhere the average was 2-4 a year?

How important is it to have your first fill at the clinic? What kinds of things can happen if I go somewhere else. With any procedure in any city there are risks, whether it is at OCC or a Fill Center or at your local Dr. I don't think going anywhere else is really that much of an issue, but many Drs. won't treat patients banded in Mexico so be sure to check!!

Does anyone know why they can't do a fill when its done. They install the band inside of you unfilled because the swelling from the surgery will give you plenty of restriction for 2-3 weeks (for some people it's longer) once the swelling is gone most people lose all restriction and some can eat as much as they did before surgery. The fill is what really kicks you into weigh loss mode because that's where you get all the restriction!!

Do you still get really full even if you don't have it filled? I guess I'm just a little confused on the purpose of the fill. See above about fills, fullness with no fill is rare but some people may never need a fill, others may need 3-5 fills in their first year. I believe I read somewhere the average was 2-4 a year?

Thanks for that info. I have been struggling with the fact that I can almost eat just as much as I have before. It makes sense, I have my first fill scheduled for May 5th at OCC and I can't wait to get it.

Maytee :rolleyes: