exercise

I know that walking is going to be good exercise but I also workout with weights. Is there a restriction on this? I read about not doing sit-ups for 3 months. I do the circuit machines with a good resistance.

What about.........sex? How long do you have to wait (husband question). Can you shift stuff with the activity? :rolleyes:

sue

I know that walking is going to be good exercise but I also workout with weights. Is there a restriction on this? I read about not doing sit-ups for 3 months. I do the circuit machines with a good resistance.

What about.........sex? How long do you have to wait (husband question). Can you shift stuff with the activity? :rolleyes:

sue

I have read that you can start regular exercise after 2-3 weeks, but no abdominal crunches etc. for 3 months...walking is great.

I would concentrate your weights on areas beside your tummy for 3 months. Sex...well...like the doctors say...when you feel comfortable doing so...just keep him off your tummy and you should be fine! LOL!!!

Take care Cathy

Dr. M says no exercise till after 3 weeks post op, personally I was feeling wonderful and energetic by the end of week 2 so I got on my treadmill at about 2 1/2 weeks post op and didn't have any pain or issues.

As for the sex there are no set guidelines from Dr. M on that; as Cathy said it is a personal thing! For my husband and I we waited about 36hrs after surgery and again I had no problems or pain!!