Did anyone see Ann Wilson of Hart last night?

I love Ann Wilson and I love Nancy Wilson and Heart.

Did anyone see her last night on the American Idol special?

Oh dear! She was the heaviest I have ever seen her and my heart just broke for her. How brave is she to get up on that stage with FERGIE and sing her heart out.

For those who don't know, Inamed approched her to get the band an be a spokesperson for it. She was banded in Jan of 2002 (I think) and lost 60 pounds. Somewhere along the line she wasn't successful. I can't find any information about what happened but I would like to know.

I think it's important to hear where people went wrong with the band so hopefully we won't make the same mistakes.

Jena

Gosh yes I saw her and my heart sunk! I wonder what she did wrong?

Oh dear! She was the heaviest I have ever seen her and my heart just broke for her. How brave is she to get up on that stage with FERGIE and sing her heart out.

For those who don't know, Inamed approched her to get the band an be a spokesperson for it. She was banded in Jan of 2002 (I think) and lost 60 pounds. Somewhere along the line she wasn't successful. I can't find any information about what happened but I would like to know.

I think it's important to hear where people went wrong with the band so hopefully we won't make the same mistakes.

Jena

Yes I did, they were amazing...I have no idea she had been banded, she has always been heavy...I see myself in her sooo much, the chubby face...but they are amazing singers...thoroughly enjoyed the show!!!

Cathy

I knew that she had been banded, but hadn't seen her recently. I remember an interview she did where she talked about her weight and the struggle she's gone through all these years. Wonder what happened???? :-?
I'm curious too. She used to be the celebrity spokes person for Inamed,, Another famous person who was banded was Sharon Osborne,, Ozzie's wife,, but last I heard,, she had her band removed.. She said she thought she could do it on her own. I don't know if either had complications or not,,, Lori might know.

I read this article about her when I was researching the band and it sounded like she had a good understanding of the band, realistic goals, and a plan for success. Here's a link to the article: http://www.usatoday.com/community/chat/2002-12-17-wilson.htm let me do some research and see what I can find out about her failures.

Interestingly enough, Ann Wilson's surgery was performed by Dr. Brian Quebbmann who learned the Lap-Band procedure and was proctored by Dr. Ortiz..

I read this article about her when I was researching the band and it sounded like she had a good understanding of the band, realistic goals, and a plan for success. Here's a link to the article: http://www.usatoday.com/community/chat/2002-12-17-wilson.htm let me do some research and see what I can find out about her failures.

Interestingly enough, Ann Wilson's surgery was performed by Dr. Brian Quebbmann who learned the Lap-Band procedure and was proctored by Dr. Ortiz..

Good find Michelle! That's awesome news.

By the way, I just realized tonight that in exactly 4 weeks from today I will be banded! (May 8)

Ok so I asked a friend and here's what she said:

Anne was the reason I am banded. I saw her story and started researching this thing called a lap band. She lost a lot of weight with it. Her pictures where on her website along with her story about being banded. Then she went quiet about it and I havent been able to find out any more either. I heard she got tired of not being able to eat whatever she wanted and had the band removed, but I have no idea whether thats fact or fiction.

Sharon Osbourne was also banded and had her band removed after long time success with her wieght loss. I heard that she too was tired of not being able to eat whatever she wanted. But who knows?

Anyway, the thing is that with both women we certainly saw success with their bands - while they had them. Why they had them removed remains a mystery.

I read that Sharon Osborn had hers removed because she still had an eating disorder and she thought the only way to overcome it was doing it on her own with therapy rather than having the band.

Best of luck to her! I know myself too well. The weight would come back on, even with therapy.

Jenna,

You mentioned in your post here that you are being banded on May 8th. That is my band date as well so maybe we will meet up. My husband and I are flying down on the 7th and have decided to stay an extra day and come back on the Sunday. We will arrive in San Diego between 10 and 11 on United.

Jenna,

You mentioned in your post here that you are being banded on May 8th. That is my band date as well so maybe we will meet up. My husband and I are flying down on the 7th and have decided to stay an extra day and come back on the Sunday. We will arrive in San Diego between 10 and 11 on United.

Awesome!! Let's do meet up. My step-mother is coming with me, and possibly a friend. We'll be getting in on the 7th around 11:00 or 11:30 on Air Tran from Atlanta. I bet we'll be riding to OCC together.

You're the first person I've found who is getting banded on the 8th!

Jena

I'm sure we will be riding together. I will be there with my husband. This is our anniversary trip. That's a hoot but he is a wonderful support and he knows how much this means to me.

Hi,

I will be arriving on May 8th, so I'm sure I'll see you there, too!

Alana

Hi OCC Family,

I've been trying to do some research on Ann Wilson and am getting conflicting reports, whether or not she had her band removed. So I can't confirm that that is the case, but if she did have her band removed, that would for sure explain the weight gain. I, too, was very surprised and heartbroken for her when I saw her last night. As we know, this is a tool, you still have to do the work. It is possible to "eat around the band" by eating high calorie liquid or liquifyable foods, or making unhealthy food choices. I have been on a plateau for months now and started analyzing WHAT I'm eating, because I have plenty of restriction. I realized that since Christmas I had fallen back into my bad food choices (high carb NO nutrition "food") Thankfully the band kept me from gaining weight, but since I wasn't feeding my body what it needs (protein!) i had stayed the same (thank GOD!) I know without my band I'd have headed back up the scale! I'm back with my post-op diet guidelines (plenty of protein!!!) and my weight is coming off again... I WILL GET THIS LAST 10 POUNDS OFF!!!!

So... remember the band is a tool that really does help but you have to take care of yourself and take care of your band by following the post op diet recommendations. This isn't just about losing weight, but getting healthy!

By the way, I heard Sharon Osbourne was going to get her band removed so she could work out her issues, OK just my humble opinion.. but is she NUTS?!?!! hahahhaa - I say work on that, of course, but keep your band! She looks fabulous, hasn't reported problems with her band, she just didn't like the restriction. I dunno, I LOVE that the band controls my portions, because obviously, I was unable to do that on my own. And I'm guessing that if I had the band removed, I'd start struggling with those issues as well. If you are looking for a temporary fix, why not do something besides surgery!

I love my band... i'm keeping it :)

Jena

I remember seeing Sharon Osborne on Dr. Phil. The subject was about her weight and the band. I thought she was on Dr. Phil cuz she was told by her Dr. that the band had to come out and she was really scared because she did'nt want to gain weight and undo all the success she'd had. Of couse Dr. Phil promised to be there for her and get her help if need be.

Over all she loved the band and really did'nt want to have it taken out. I wonder if she had it replaced.

Pargirl

I remember seeing Sharon Osborne on Dr. Phil. The subject was about her weight and the band. I thought she was on Dr. Phil cuz she was told by her Dr. that the band had to come out and she was really scared because she did'nt want to gain weight and undo all the success she'd had. Of couse Dr. Phil promised to be there for her and get her help if need be.

Over all she loved the band and really did'nt want to have it taken out. I wonder if she had it replaced.

Pargirl

I remember hearing her daughter on a radio show talking about Sharon's band. She said her mother had been told she could only have it in for five years and then have to have it taken out. Since I'd never heard such a thing I assumed she was mistaken. Now I've read your post I wonder if that was accurate and why they would tell her that.

I read that Sharon Osborn had hers removed because she still had an eating disorder and she thought the only way to overcome it was doing it on her own with therapy rather than having the band.

Best of luck to her! I know myself too well. The weight would come back on, even with therapy.

I wonder if she had it removed because of her cancer?

hey, doolittle, can you tell me why the time is so messed up on these posts? What time is it actually supposed to be? Sometimes the days are goofy.

I've noticed that to. I just adjusted the time zone under my profile until it showed me the correct time. Apparently, the forum thinks I live in Alaska or some such.

hey, doolittle, can you tell me why the time is so messed up on these posts? What time is it actually supposed to be? Sometimes the days are goofy.

I've mentioned this before too! It's something in the main frame and only the web master can correct it. I'll forward this post to him and we'll see if he can correct it. That's all I can do. LOL

Ok - i heard Sharon Osbourne on an interview and she didn't say anything about "having" to take the band out - she said she wanted to take it out so she would force herself to deal with her food issues. She was tired of "throwing up" because she was overeating even with the band.

I find it interesting that celebrities change their story based on the reaction they get.

Let's be honest, if the band had a 5 year life, insurance would be approving it as an alternative more and more. I talk to people that have had their band beyond this 5 year mark, so that doesn't even make sense, besides she got her band in 1999, so she's beyond that 5 years anyway.

If I can find her interview i'll post the link

found one: Sharon Osbourne Interview excerpt

I've mentioned this before too! It's something in the main frame and only the web master can correct it. I'll forward this post to him and we'll see if he can correct it. That's all I can do. LOL

There's really not much I can do to correct the time zone since everyone that posts on the forum could live in a different time zone. What would be seen as the correct time for one person would be incorrect for others.

You can adjust your own individual time display from here: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04

Regards,

Chad

There's really not much I can do to correct the time zone since everyone that posts on the forum could live in a different time zone. What would be seen as the correct time for one person would be incorrect for others.

You can adjust your own individual time display from here: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04

Regards,

Chad

THANKS CHAD

I JUST CHANGED MY TIME TO HAWAII TIME THOUGH I'M IN WASHINGTON STATE AND IT'S ALL GOOD LOL