Recommended Plastic Surgeon

BeBe

Just wanted to give a recommendation for the doctor who performed my breast reduction, tummy tuck and lipo 10 years ago. He is based in San Diego, and I went back to see him last March to inquire about a little facial modification (damned aging process!). Anyway, he's the sweetest doctor I've met. When I was shopping around for surgeons, all I really wanted was the breast reduction, and I was getting quotes all for around $13,000. I became discouraged and realized I'd never be able to afford it. I had already scheduled a consultation with Dr. Smoot and so I went even though I thought it was hopeless. He asked me what I wanted done, and I told him breast reduction, tummy tuck and lipo on my thighs and under my chin... since I "knew" I wouldn't be able to afford it, I decided why not play the game like I could (like test driving a sports car you can't afford). I was shocked when he sent me out to the accounting manager who drew up a quote for me... of $10,000! Needless to say, I had the surgery (how could I not for that price?!?) and it was awesome!!!

No complications, and perfect results.

If anyone is considering cosmetic surgery in the San Diego area, I highly recommend Dr. John Smoot.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - I will have to keep track of that. I don't think I'll be blessed and not have saggy skin after this weight loss. I have been overweight for so long, it's just not going back - I can already tell after 25 pounds of weight loss!!

So thanks for the info - I'll have to keep that in mind.

How long was your recovery from surgery? I know it was 10 years ago, but just a guesstimate. I'm assuming it's much longer than our lapband recovery - which to me was quick and painless!

Thanks - I will have to keep track of that. I don't think I'll be blessed and not have saggy skin after this weight loss. I have been overweight for so long, it's just not going back - I can already tell after 25 pounds of weight loss!!

So thanks for the info - I'll have to keep that in mind.

How long was your recovery from surgery? I know it was 10 years ago, but just a guesstimate. I'm assuming it's much longer than our lapband recovery - which to me was quick and painless!

With a tummy tuck, you can't walk upright completely for a few weeks... and no lifting. I was in excruciating pain the first two weeks, and I regretted doing it all. But just like childbirth, as soon as the pain is gone, you don't remember how bad it was and you're ready to do it again. LOL!

I think I was just fine after about 3 or 4 weeks (walking upright, no more drainage tubes, no more pain).

It was so great to have Barbie doll boobs and a flat tummy.

I'm going to have to give my plug for Dr. Nyte in Maple Valley WA - (since you're close to him). He did my tummy tuck in November 2007 and it was extended - I was back to work in 10 days. The drain came out in 3. It wasn't that bad - just like was mentioned - no lifting and be careful. I love my shape - I did have lippo and it really gave me curves, his tummy tuck is on special right now for $4850, and if you add in a breast lift he does cut the price - (normally a lift is $5600 on its own, but lower if added in with the tummy tuck)

The surgery is performed at the hospital in Enumclaw - so just an hour away from Olympia. I've had more compliments on my work - (when I show people) and I have the cutest round belly button and perky breasts! (I just had my breast lifted - so adorable)!! Check out his website and if you're interested give him a call - he's wonderful to work with, and he has a no interest program you can work with if you need a loan (I think its for 6 or 12 months - check with Michelle at the office). My husband was not for this - but now loves the look - its pretty funny....says it was worth the money! http://www.nytesurgical.com/

I'm just adding this because he is now having a special on Breast Augmentation! Great price, wish I had gotten, no worries, love my breasts!

Specials

Summer Specials Ending August 31, 2008

Breast Augmentation (Saline)--4,250

Breast Augmentation (Silicone)--5,350

• 1 month later...

HI LISA,

I'M GOING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DR NYTES SUMMER SPECIAL AND GET THE GIRLS BACK IN SHAPE AGAIN IN A FEW WEEKS. I ORIGINALLY HAD THE SAME DATE AS A FRIEND, SHE'S GETTING A TT BUT JUNE WORKS BETTER FOR ME THEN JULY. I'M REALLY HAPPY WITH THE WAY MY TUMMY TUCK LOOKS AND I COMPLETELY TRUST DR NYTE AND HIS WORK. I'LL UPDATE THE OLD PHOTO ALBUM WHEN DONE :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to have to give my plug for Dr. Nyte in Maple Valley WA - (since you're close to him). He did my tummy tuck in November 2007 and it was extended - I was back to work in 10 days. The drain came out in 3. It wasn't that bad - just like was mentioned - no lifting and be careful. I love my shape - I did have lippo and it really gave me curves, his tummy tuck is on special right now for $4850, and if you add in a breast lift he does cut the price - (normally a lift is $5600 on its own, but lower if added in with the tummy tuck)

The surgery is performed at the hospital in Enumclaw - so just an hour away from Olympia. I've had more compliments on my work - (when I show people) and I have the cutest round belly button and perky breasts! (I just had my breast lifted - so adorable)!! Check out his website and if you're interested give him a call - he's wonderful to work with, and he has a no interest program you can work with if you need a loan (I think its for 6 or 12 months - check with Michelle at the office). My husband was not for this - but now loves the look - its pretty funny....says it was worth the money! http://www.nytesurgical.com/

I'm just adding this because he is now having a special on Breast Augmentation! Great price, wish I had gotten, no worries, love my breasts!

Specials

Summer Specials Ending August 31, 2008

Breast Augmentation (Saline)--4,250

Breast Augmentation (Silicone)--5,350

Lisa,

Thanks very much for your trust and support. Oh yea, congrats on your weight loss success and recent transformation also. This forum is a great place for support and first-hand info which can be invaluable when making decisions. Please let your posting friends know that I will do my best to answer any questions people have regarding surgey after weight loss.

HI LISA,

I'M GOING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DR NYTES SUMMER SPECIAL AND GET THE GIRLS BACK IN SHAPE AGAIN IN A FEW WEEKS. I ORIGINALLY HAD THE SAME DATE AS A FRIEND, SHE'S GETTING A TT BUT JUNE WORKS BETTER FOR ME THEN JULY. I'M REALLY HAPPY WITH THE WAY MY TUMMY TUCK LOOKS AND I COMPLETELY TRUST DR NYTE AND HIS WORK. I'LL UPDATE THE OLD PHOTO ALBUM WHEN DONE :)

I wanted to repeat what I said to Lisa. Thank you for trusting in me and for your kind posts on this site. You both have been excellent patients to work with. There is nothing more important than going into your surgery with a positive attitude and both of you have done that. See you soon for part 2

I wanted to repeat what I said to Lisa. Thank you for trusting in me and for your kind posts on this site. You both have been excellent patients to work with. There is nothing more important than going into your surgery with a positive attitude and both of you have done that. See you soon for part 2

Dr. Nyte,

I was curious about a tummy tuck if you've had a ceserean?? I've had 2 actually. I've seen a pic of the scar and I was wondering if having had cesareans affects a TT??

Thanks

Karen

Dr. Nyte,

I was curious about a tummy tuck if you've had a ceserean?? I've had 2 actually. I've seen a pic of the scar and I was wondering if having had cesareans affects a TT??

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen,

Many women that have undergone a tummy tuck have previously had one or more C-sections. This is a very common issue that usually does not alter the tummy tuck. Sometimes the C-section scar is a place where the skin folds over and leaves a horizontal overhang of fat. The muscle can also be tightened if needed without any problem.

I usually try to remove the old scar so the tummy tuck scar is not trying to heal within the old C-section scar. For the most part, it is no problem if you have had C-sections and you would do great with the TT surgery. Thanks for your question and I hope this helps.

Hi Karen,

Many women that have undergone a tummy tuck have previously had one or more C-sections. This is a very common issue that usually does not alter the tummy tuck. Sometimes the C-section scar is a place where the skin folds over and leaves a horizontal overhang of fat. The muscle can also be tightened if needed without any problem.

I usually try to remove the old scar so the tummy tuck scar is not trying to heal within the old C-section scar. For the most part, it is no problem if you have had C-sections and you would do great with the TT surgery. Thanks for your question and I hope this helps.

Thanks!!! We'll see how I look once I hit my goal weight!!

• 2 months later...
Guest CaraMBA09
Hi Karen,

Thanks for the info Dr. Nyte

I have been talking to Pammie and Lisa about you. I have gone to Dr. Haeck in Seattle for something previously, but he is terribly expensive (although very good)

You are in Maple Valley...correct?

I am local (University Place) and am getting my lapband Monday, Sept 15th. I have had three children with two being C-sections. So I love hearing you can tighten things up.

I have also heard about some kind of "tightening" in through the waist, although I think I read about it from a Mexican surgeon. Have you heard of this procedure that is done with the TT?

Regards, C

Thanks for the info Dr. Nyte

I have been talking to Pammie and Lisa about you. I have gone to Dr. Haeck in Seattle for something previously, but he is terribly expensive (although very good)

You are in Maple Valley...correct?

I am local (University Place) and am getting my lapband Monday, Sept 15th. I have had three children with two being C-sections. So I love hearing you can tighten things up.

I have also heard about some kind of "tightening" in through the waist, although I think I read about it from a Mexican surgeon. Have you heard of this procedure that is done with the TT?

Regards, C

Hi Cara,

I am not familiar with a new procedure to tighten the waist. Generally, I try to lipo the waist and pull the skin down//in which provides a nice contour along with the tummy tuck. The waist can be tucked like the tummy tuck if loose skin goes around the trunk. Many options exist depending on your situation. I am excited for you to get your lap band and to feel good again. I will pray that things go very well for you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Nyte

Dr Nyte,

I am from Kansas and have considered coming there after seeing pammie's pics. You did a wonderful job on her. (You look great pammie). Anyways, I wondered what kind of follow up would be needed and how long I would have to stay there? Is there anyway to find out the total hospital charges also? I am looking to have a tummy tuck and would like lipo on butt and thighs and skin taken off of my upper thighs. Also would need the girls moved back up. I had a reduction mammoplasty done 15 years ago, and the girls need some work, (that doctor did not do a very good job). Thank you for any help you can offer. Thank you pammie and Lisa for introducing Dr. Nyte to the forum.

• 2 months later...

HAS ANYONE HAD PLASTIC SURGERY IN TJ, I WANT TO BUY SOME BARBIE BOOBIES AND DO NOT WANT TO MAKE A BAD CHOICE. I WONDER IF I AM THINKING THAT BECAUSE THE OCC WAS SOOOOO GREAT THEREFORE THEN ALL THE PLACES IN TJ WILL BE LIKE OCC? DOES DR. ORTIZ RECOMEND ANYONE. SHOULD I SHOP ARROUND IN LAS VEGAS WE HAVE LOTS. BUT REALLY WHO ARE THEY? IF SOMEONE IS OUT THERE AND WANTS TO HELP EDUCATE MYSELF PLASTIC SURGEONS THAT WILL GIVE ME BARBIE BOOBIES AND I HAVE BARBIE TO SHOW ANYONE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.

SHANA

HAS ANYONE HAD PLASTIC SURGERY IN TJ, I WANT TO BUY SOME BARBIE BOOBIES AND DO NOT WANT TO MAKE A BAD CHOICE. I WONDER IF I AM THINKING THAT BECAUSE THE OCC WAS SOOOOO GREAT THEREFORE THEN ALL THE PLACES IN TJ WILL BE LIKE OCC? DOES DR. ORTIZ RECOMEND ANYONE. SHOULD I SHOP ARROUND IN LAS VEGAS WE HAVE LOTS. BUT REALLY WHO ARE THEY? IF SOMEONE IS OUT THERE AND WANTS TO HELP EDUCATE MYSELF PLASTIC SURGEONS THAT WILL GIVE ME BARBIE BOOBIES AND I HAVE BARBIE TO SHOW ANYONE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.

SHANA

I just had a Lower Body Lift done at the Cosmed Clinic in TJ. They do boobies too! You can email Cosmed's coordinator at joycepalau@cosmedclinic.com. Dr. Quiroz and Dr. Ortiz are buddies. I have a blog going here at the forum and we also have a whole topic devoted to plastic surgery. You can also go to a plastic surgery website called www.psjourneys.com and they have a full section devoted to plastic surgery in Mexico.