Fills and de-fills

I am from Canada and was just checking the website from the Surgical Weightloss Centre, in Ontario, and their forum. As I am reading the posts I realize that the people there are continuosly getting fills and de-fills. Now with you guys I don't notice this at all. Is something different here? Maybe it's included in their price so they do a tiny bit at a time. I'm not sure, but it does not seem reasonable the way they keep having these done. What do you think?

There are very few doctors (if any) that don't charge for fills... Technically Dr. Ortiz doesn't but you must pay $100 for fluro each time you are filled at the OCC so it's pretty much the same as being charged...

Now many doctors see fills as a way to make money from patients after surgery so instead of giving them a 2cc fill 1 time they will give the 4 fills of .5ccs at a time "for their safety" it's a terrible practice but I have heard those stories about US doctors quite often.

Sadly distance and finical reasons do keep some OCC bandsters from coming back as often as they like, I believe Clynn was just talking about this the other day...

I get my first fill next month with a US Doctor and I hope he doesn't give me teeny tiny fills. Ugh....

I get my first fill next month with a US Doctor and I hope he doesn't give me teeny tiny fills. Ugh....

Aren't you getting the package of unlimited fills for one flat price from your local doctor? And sometimes a tiny fill is all you need same with the unfill until you get find the general area around your sweet spot, say 2.0ccs but then a month or so later you realize it's not enough so then you get .4ccs more but that ends up being too much and you have to have a .05 unfill till you discover 2.35 is your sweet spot!

Aren't you getting the package of unlimited fills for one flat price from your local doctor? And sometimes a tiny fill is all you need same with the unfill until you get find the general area around your sweet spot, say 2.0ccs but then a month or so later you realize it's not enough so then you get .4ccs more but that ends up being too much and you have to have a .05 unfill till you discover 2.35 is your sweet spot!

Yes, I am Michelle. Hopefully he will do me right with my fills. Someone told me he gives you a fill every 6-8 weeks though. Hmmmm

Yes, I am Michelle. Hopefully he will do me right with my fills. Someone told me he gives you a fill every 6-8 weeks though. Hmmmm

Wow that works out to be 6 - 8 fills per year, so he may not be an aggressive filler... Of course that isn't a bad thing when you've already paid up front and are close enough to return every few weeks!

Kimmie, if you don't mind me asking...how much is your package and is it only good for 1 year or lifetime?

Yes, it is $1500 a year with unlimited fills. I am going to our local Bariatric Surgeon.

Here is his link if anyone wants to see.

Dr. Avara's Website..where I will get my fills