WHAT PAIN MEDS???????

Hi.

On my earlier post about bloating someone had suggested that Dr. Ortiz

had said to keep moving and take pain meds.

I only received a packet of 4 that were gone before I left Tijuana.

He should at least give us a prescription for more.

Thank god my husband had some left from his wisdom tooth removal!!!

OUCH!

Claire

banded 4.8.08 :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am sorry you were still in pain. In Mexico, you don't have to have an Rx for what he gave us. If you ever need to know again, go to the blue and white pharmacy diagonally across from Lucerna and buy some more...I hope you are feeling better!

Does anyone know what those were he gave us? They didn't do anything for me. :lol:

The pain meds from Dr. O didn't do anything for me either. I took them at night cause they made me tired. After that I took tylenol during the day [only a few times] and tylenol PM at night [also, only a few times.] I also read that you should only take those other pain meds for a week..... I'd be afraid to take them any longer.

Sure hope you feel better!! ><' Darlene

I didn't really get any relief from the pain pills either... I crushed up some regular tylenol and it was horribly disgusting but it did make me feel better!!

Even though I am 6 weeks post op I am still afraid of a pill getting stuck, though I am the type that has never liked taking any kind of medicine but it's that time of the month for me and I had bad cramps yesterday so I took 4 of my son's children's tylenol "meltaways" (watermelon flavor, yum) and they really helped and weren't disgusting!!

I am among the group that didn't get any relief of the "pain pills" but I found that the liquid Tylenol helped tons. The adult flavors are so gross, but the children's flavors are way more tolerable. I took those instead and it really helped me out. I know the first few days are really uncomfortable so hope you get a chance to down some liquid help haha! Good luck!

Jacklyn

I am among the group that didn't get any relief of the "pain pills" but I found that the liquid Tylenol helped tons. The adult flavors are so gross, but the children's flavors are way more tolerable. I took those instead and it really helped me out. I know the first few days are really uncomfortable so hope you get a chance to down some liquid help haha! Good luck!

Jacklyn

What an awesome idea! I never thought of liquid Tylenol! I'll make sure to pack some when I leave for San Diego on May 7.

Jena

I used the kids Tylenol Meltaways....they are for "older" kids and they melt in the mouth and actually taste pretty good. These worked great for me, but I didn't have much pain after surgery.

Children's chewable, actually its the Jr.'s Tylenol, I think...pretty decent. I took that for a good while after surgery for anything, like headaches or whatever. Once I got past 6 months post-op, I went back to pills, and have never had a problem.

As for actual pain pills...I can tell you that they are almost impossible to get in Mexico. I don't know if its because they used to be super easy to get...I think they (Mexico) got into trouble. I've lived in Mexico for nearly 2 years and I can tell you that even when you go to the doctor, narcotics just don't seem to exist anymore.

I didn't really have any pain after surgery, so the anti-inflammatory that Dr. Ortiz gave helped. Anything stronger than that...not so much going to find in Mexico.

Good Luck!