Just scheduled my flight...

Well, I just booked my flight to San Diego! I am excited because it makes it feel more like... its really going to happen. I mean, I know I have my surgery date scheduled, but booking the flight makes it even more exciting. Also, I went to the post office and got information and paperwork for my passport. I have to go to rite aid or somewhere to get my photos cause I refuse to get them at the post office and pay $15 for two teeny weeny photos - outrageous. Thats robbery :ph34r: So, I really hope that the time between now and July 31 goes by FAST! I am getting antsie and really want this so bad. lol I am like a little kid who is going to Disney World or something!

Congratulations!! =D>

I felt the same way when I booked my ticket. It makes it so real! July 31st is my daughter's b-day so what a special day it will be for you now too!

It will fly by super fast. If you get your passport paper work in now I am sure it will be here in plenty of time. Don't worry just relax and really focus on the amazing change you are about to make in your life. I am so excited for you...good luck!

Jacklyn

Congratulations!! =D>

I felt the same way when I booked my ticket. It makes it so real! July 31st is my daughter's b-day so what a special day it will be for you now too!

:rolleyes: July 31st is my birthday too!!! and its always a great day! Good Luck to you!

Arlene

(utahmom)

><' Truly,

You will be so surprised how fast the time will go. Even if you don't get your passport in time, just have your drivers license and birth certificate with you. That will be enough until like june of 09 for those driving or walking across the border. It would be different if you were cruising or flying in.

banded 4/7

><' Truly,

You will be so surprised how fast the time will go. Even if you don't get your passport in time, just have your drivers license and birth certificate with you. That will be enough until like june of 09 for those driving or walking across the border. It would be different if you were cruising or flying in.

banded 4/7

Oh, really? I didn't know that you could just have license and birth certificate - thought that as of this June we needed passports. Well, that is a good thing then - I mean just in case my passport doesn't get here in time. I think it will, cause someone told me it takes about 3 months to process all the paper work and then receive the actual passport. Well, its good to know that if by chance I don't get it, I won't have to worry.

Thanks everyone for sharing in my excitement! ><' I just wish that I could get it done sooner lol. I am so excited.

:rolleyes: July 31st is my birthday too!!! and its always a great day! Good Luck to you!

Arlene

(utahmom)

Wow Arlene!! =D> That is so cool!

I was sooooo excited too and making plane reservations did make it seem like you're going on some once-in-a-lifetime vacation!! :lol: Best wishes and don't worry about a thing!!

P.S. I also thought it was June of '08 that you needed a pass port?????

Oh for sure - a ONCE IN A LIFETIME vacation is definitely the truth! Honestly, I will FEEL like that is my new 'birthday' - you know? The start of a new life for me. =D> WOOHOOO! I am so impatient - my surgery was originally scheduled for AUGUST 29, but I decided to move it up a month. Not only cause I REEALLYY want it (like now! lol), but also when I scheduled originally, I didn't take into account that I would be going back to school like... uh, yeah... August 29, 30, something like that, or very beginning of Sept. So, that didn't leave me much time to recover. Not smart. Plus being in graduate school, second year, and doing clinical field placement 3 days a week AND working full time, I do NOT need to be returning and not be fully recovered. That would be disastrous.

I was originally worried about the cost of fills. I was on the lapbandtalk forum and found a board for PA bandsters, and there was a lot of talk about a Dr. Ren in NYC - she only charges $100 a fill is what they say, and apparently she is one of the best. She had rave reviews from all of the clients who posted on the PA board. So, I will be setting aside like $1000 for fills only... so I have enough for the fill, transportation, etc. Luckily I live so close to NYC I can hop on the NJ transit system and pay $20 round trip!

Gosh I am excited. This is becoming so real. To think that about 2 months ago, after having spent nearly $3000 on NutriSystem, and having lost only 20 lbs (and trust me not to say that I would still WANT those 20 lbs), then getting stalled and being able to go nowhere for the last month I did it.... I just wish I had found out about Dr. Ortiz sooner - I mean heck, I could of paid for nearly half of my surgery with that $3000 I spent on NS food. Ah, well. I guess I shouldn't look at it that way, but gosh. After my weight loss with NS stalled, I was almost ready to give up and just throw in the towel. I gained back about 5 lbs cause I became depressed... and finding out about Dr. Ortiz was such a motivation and inspiration to me - for once I feel like there is hope. I feel like maybe just maybe I will have my chance to be thin(ner)... lol! I am so excited

Oh for sure - a ONCE IN A LIFETIME vacation is definitely the truth! Honestly, I will FEEL like that is my new 'birthday' - you know? The start of a new life for me. =D> WOOHOOO! I am so impatient - my surgery was originally scheduled for AUGUST 29, but I decided to move it up a month. Not only cause I REEALLYY want it (like now! lol), but also when I scheduled originally, I didn't take into account that I would be going back to school like... uh, yeah... August 29, 30, something like that, or very beginning of Sept. So, that didn't leave me much time to recover. Not smart. Plus being in graduate school, second year, and doing clinical field placement 3 days a week AND working full time, I do NOT need to be returning and not be fully recovered. That would be disastrous.

I was originally worried about the cost of fills. I was on the lapbandtalk forum and found a board for PA bandsters, and there was a lot of talk about a Dr. Ren in NYC - she only charges $100 a fill is what they say, and apparently she is one of the best. She had rave reviews from all of the clients who posted on the PA board. So, I will be setting aside like $1000 for fills only... so I have enough for the fill, transportation, etc. Luckily I live so close to NYC I can hop on the NJ transit system and pay $20 round trip!

Gosh I am excited. This is becoming so real. To think that about 2 months ago, after having spent nearly $3000 on NutriSystem, and having lost only 20 lbs (and trust me not to say that I would still WANT those 20 lbs), then getting stalled and being able to go nowhere for the last month I did it.... I just wish I had found out about Dr. Ortiz sooner - I mean heck, I could of paid for nearly half of my surgery with that $3000 I spent on NS food. Ah, well. I guess I shouldn't look at it that way, but gosh. After my weight loss with NS stalled, I was almost ready to give up and just throw in the towel. I gained back about 5 lbs cause I became depressed... and finding out about Dr. Ortiz was such a motivation and inspiration to me - for once I feel like there is hope. I feel like maybe just maybe I will have my chance to be thin(ner)... lol! I am so excited

I just realized that WE chatted on the other forum!! :-h [im a little slow on the draw!] I know what you mean about feeling like you wasted money, I did LA Weight Loss..... Lost almost all the weight I wanted, then lost my job and gained back all the weight +. I'm so glad I didn't give up on lapband, the Doc's here in the states wouldn't even talk to me. I don't remember how I came across Dr. O's site.... so glad I did though!! Darlene