Post-Op food questions

4mygirls

Hi!

I am now 4 days post-op. But then again it depends on how technical you want to get because I had my surgery last for the day, April 10, and got out of surgery at about 5. Does that mean that I need to say I am only 3 1/2 days post-op? I thought that somewhere in the forum that I had read that sometime I can have vegetable juice too. Can I have the vegetable juice during the first 3 days or when do they come in? Also, I thought that I had seen on here a while ago ( a month maybe more) a list of foods that other people have been eating while on liquids. I am not very creative when it comes to that so was hoping for some ideas. I tried to search it but don't think that I had the right key words.

Also when we can add the EAS drinks can we blend then with banana or strawberry until they are smooth or do we need to wait? If we do wait when do we introduce them? The instructions were good but not great but I will deal with the help of all of you. ><'

Brook

Banded April 10.

Hey Brook, how are you feeling? Sorry we didn't get to hang out. You can add EAS as of day 6 according to what Dr. Miranda gave me. Don't know about vegetable juice. I put together a calendar as to when i can add stuff if you want to give me your email I will send it to you.

I have never tried vegetable juice, but after so many days (look on your paperwork, I can't remember) and it says if you can drink it then you can have it.

Brook, I think tonight you could consider yourself 4 days post op and proceed to the next phase of the post op diet. I am not sure about the vegetable juice, though. You should email Dr. Miranda. She is very good about responding in a timely manner. Keep us posted!