OMMGGGGG!!!

Does it ever just hit you sometimes that you are on your way to being a "small" person? I have been overweight for so long and my self-esteem has been so low. I sometimes get overly excited about the fact that I really have a lapband..and it is really working...and I am not gonna be fat anymore. How cool is that??

Sorry for my outburst, but I just got really excited! :lol:

OH YA KIMMIE [i'M GONNA YELL!! :lol: ] IHAVE TO GET MY BRAIN WRAPPED AROUND THIS!! :blink:

I'll calm down now! Lol! I just made my first fill appt. and made my plane reservations for May 29th!! I posted it in the "fills in TJ" to see if anyone else is going that day!! I have to get settled into eating less and moving more but i'm convinced this is going to work for me!! :D

It is an exciting time, I think the more you're able to stay positive and realistic about your goal the better progress/results you will get!! I know there are a lot of people who struggle at various stages while banded and we've all been there but you just have to keep telling yourself THIS WILL WORK FOR ME and believe it!!

Does it ever just hit you sometimes that you are on your way to being a "small" person? I have been overweight for so long and my self-esteem has been so low. I sometimes get overly excited about the fact that I really have a lapband..and it is really working...and I am not gonna be fat anymore. How cool is that??

How exciting is that!! I feel the same way...I have my first surgical consult on Wednesday and I can hardly believe that in the next few months, I will be on my way to being a thinner person again...and how great I will look, how good I will feel, walking will be easier, shopping for smaller sizes, being able to wear some of the cool shoes in my closet with heels, that I can't right now, because I am too heavy. There are sooo many things to look forward to. And the best part is taking this journey with all of you on this forum. There are people from all over the world on this forum, which is amazing, and we are all going through the same challenges of this new life. Shout it from the rooftops!! Even a small accomplishment is worth celebrating!!

Cathy

I am not sure I have wrapped my brain around the fact that I will not have to be on a diet for the rest of my life. This is my life and I can eat sensibly, use the band, and maybe just maybe not be the fat girl anymore. It will be wonderful not to hear...you have such a pretty face....why don't people just say it...your fat and I have no positive comment to give you so I will say your face is pretty...LOL...I have a family wedding at the end of August and I am so looking forward to not being the fat cousin......Thanks for starting the post Kimmie! and everyone thanks for letting me go on....

I am not sure I have wrapped my brain around the fact that I will not have to be on a diet for the rest of my life. This is my life and I can eat sensibly, use the band, and maybe just maybe not be the fat girl anymore. It will be wonderful not to hear...you have such a pretty face....why don't people just say it...your fat and I have no positive comment to give you so I will say your face is pretty...LOL...I have a family wedding at the end of August and I am so looking forward to not being the fat cousin......Thanks for starting the post Kimmie! and everyone thanks for letting me go on....

Lynna...Not being the fat cousin!!...I just finally experienced that for the first time. I had two of my cousins get married in the past 2 years and while I had lost some weight for the first wedding (6 months post-op), I was still pretty overweight. The second wedding was in January 2008 and for the first time, I didn't feel like the fat cousin! Here's a picture with the cousins who got married (one from October '06, and the other from January '08):

cousins3.jpg

Congratulations on getting banded and on losing weight, Kimmie, Lynna...all of you! Keep up the great work. Like MamaMichelle said...a positive attitude will do wonders for you. You will struggle (at least I did...and do), but YOU CAN DO IT!!! Look forward to seeing all of your success photos!

Lynna...Not being the fat cousin!!...I just finally experienced that for the first time. I had two of my cousins get married in the past 2 years and while I had lost some weight for the first wedding (6 months post-op), I was still pretty overweight. The second wedding was in January 2008 and for the first time, I didn't feel like the fat cousin! Here's a picture with the cousins who got married (one from October '06, and the other from January '08):

cousins3.jpg

Congratulations on getting banded and on losing weight, Kimmie, Lynna...all of you! Keep up the great work. Like MamaMichelle said...a positive attitude will do wonders for you. You will struggle (at least I did...and do), but YOU CAN DO IT!!! Look forward to seeing all of your success photos!

Wow Kris,

You are looking GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!! It's so wonderful to see that you have had such great results even if you have struggled some as you said above!

Way to go... cheerleader.gif

cousins3.jpg

How exciting for you and for us all! You fully illustrate the joy and success we all want to experience during our weight loss journies. Congratulations again and again...

You made me excited, too... jumped up and did a happy dance...

I just went to the gallery and saw your pics. They are great and you are doing wonderful!!

Kris you look fantabulous!!! I'm anxiously waiting for my turn! LOL! You can do it... you can lose the last few pounds to reach your goal but you really look soo great already!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Hanna :)