any helpful tips

I am both impressed and encouraged by all of you that have done so well pre-op. As a life-time dieter, you know that once your body gets used to the amount of calories you are giving it, or if you reduce the number of calories you give it, you will retain your weight. Your body goes into starvation mode, and starts to store all it's reserves. So my question is... if you lose alot of weight pre-op, could this by why you don't loose anything between surgery and first fill? Personally, I would find this discouraging. Did any of you??

I didn't lose a ton of weight on the pre-op diet. I weighed 276 the day or my surgery 3/24.. when I arrived back home 3/26 I weighed 280... today, 3 weeks +2 days post op I weigh 262. Everyone is different. I am weighing myself once a week, if that, and my focus/goal right now is strictly to heal and make good choices. My first fill is scheduled 5/12 at OCC.

Hi Snowbird,

Just woke up a bit ago and got on the computer. I was feeling a bit down (not band related) and read your responses and laughed aloud. The one about the bleeding was the best - however, you are so right - we all go through this period of fear, pain and weight gain and it is wonderful to have everyone to share it with and because of your responses be able to laugh! The great thing is that you are RIGHT ON! and you are not afraid to say it.

2 weeks post op

Helen :cheerleader: ><'