not much loss

Hey, I am a little bumed out. 9 days out from being banded and I have only lost 1 pound. I was doing better than this on my preop diet...sure would like to see some scale movement. I have scheduled my first fill for May 16. Really looking forward to that for inspiration and proof. I have been very faithful to the post op diet, but broke my foot a week before banding, so movement has been limited. I will try to walk more today. It's not even worth changing my ticker... Anyone else experience this? :wacko:

Hey, I am a little bumed out. 9 days out from being banded and I have only lost 1 pound. I was doing better than this on my preop diet...sure would like to see some scale movement. I have scheduled my first fill for May 16. Really looking forward to that for inspiration and proof. I have been very faithful to the post op diet, but broke my foot a week before banding, so movement has been limited. I will try to walk more today. It's not even worth changing my ticker... Anyone else experience this? :wacko:

:lb14: Yes unfortunately, I was banded on March 20th and have only lost 4 pounds since then. Scheduled for a fill May 1st, however, I seem to be losing inches. suddenly all my clothes are getting very big. So do not worry, all of our bodies react differently to this procedure, but we will all soon be svelt and beautiful.

Arlene

Renee,

I got on the scale this morning and actually it said I was up two pounds. I read a post by MamaMichelle some time ago about her not getting enough calories so the body goes into starvation mode. I started watching my calories more closely yesterday and am trying to get in more to see if that will help. I know I have not eaten enough to gain two pounds so it must be my body holding on to water or something. Hope this gives you some cheer that you are not the only one!

Lynn

Remember that this is a time for your body to HEAL. If you have weight loss with this, that's great...but, if not, that's ok too! You will start losing after your first or second fill.

Something that has helped me a lot is that I measure on the same day every month. There have been months where I didn't lose so many pounds, but I lost inches. Get a small notebook and write it all down.

Neck:

R Arm:

L Arm:

Bust:

Waist:

Hips:

R Thigh:

L Thigh:

R Calf:

L Calf:

This has helped me tremendously!! I know you're ready for the scales to go down...I really do know. If I can offer you any advice, its this: Calm Down! Let your body heal and get ready for the weight to begin to come off in a few weeks. Use this time to prepare your mind for the way you will be eating for the rest of your life. Your weight loss will come! You're doing GREAT!

thanks everyone,

I just feel like I only getting between 800 to 1000 calories a day and something should be happening. I know it's a healing time as well, it's just hard to believe that as little as I am eating nothing is happening. oh well, it's just time, right? Can't wait till I can get off the straight liquids. I really do appreciate your support,

thanks,

reneej :unsure:

I would be upset too! On a liquid diet the pounds seem like they should come off pretty easily. Your body may be in shock. Just give it time and it will happen. ><'

Hi,

Although most of us don't lose much weight post-op, pre-fill, please remember eating only 800 calories a day is a problem in itself. You are taking it too few calories. When you can start drinking creamy soups, buy some regular types and puree them - some of them are great. Only problem is, of course, the salt content - so don't look at the scales but once a week. I have lost a total of 7 lbs and now I' back to 5 so I know I am retaining water and not really "gaining weight"

Good luck,

Helen :wacko: ><'

What exactly are you eating right now? I am not a big soup fan but I did it for the first 4 days and didn't lose anything... When I weighed on day 7 (which was 3 days after I stopped the soups) I had lost 6lbs, I think the salt content really can sabotage some peoples results, other eat it and still lose!

Lynn is right that if you are getting only 800 calories a day you body is starving! Try bumping it up to 1000-1200 calories a day and see how your body reacts!!

MM -

it's interesting to read your comments about the soup. I have been eating (drinking) pureed soup for lunch and supper - 2 whole cans of progresso a day, plus my protein shake for breakfast. The calories aren't the problem =D> , but the soups (salt content) are keeping my weight from going anywhere, I believe. What else is there to eat? The soups are filling for me and the broth leaves me hungry. Any suggestions?

Helen

><'

MM -

it's interesting to read your comments about the soup. I have been eating (drinking) pureed soup for lunch and supper - 2 whole cans of progresso a day, plus my protein shake for breakfast. The calories aren't the problem =D> , but the soups (salt content) are keeping my weight from going anywhere, I believe. What else is there to eat? The soups are filling for me and the broth leaves me hungry. Any suggestions?

Helen

><'

I would suggest low sodium soups if you really love them... I did mainly protein shakes because that's what I liked, that with jello and yogurt is what I lived in on for 3 weeks.. It wasn't the most filling of diets but I wasn't ever that hungry because I could have up to 5 shakes a day since they are only 160 cal each..

Hi there!

I guess we were banded near the same time. I'm scheduled for my first fill on May 17. We'll arrive May 16 and will be staying at the Lucerna.

I had a lot of swelling afer the surgery and only noticed some weight loss a couple of days ago. I expect we'll notice more as the swelling goes down.

And remember, they told us not to expect great weight loss until our band was fill!

I'm wondering if the reason why many don't see much weight loss is that they are consuming too few calories/protien.... I'm guilty of that.

Anyway, hope to see you while you're in Tijuana!

Just hang in there....you'll start seeing results. I know this can be frustrating :wacko: but just think you are on the road to success! And - girl, change that ticker! Even a pound is worth changing the ticker....I have only lost 1 pound this week but as soon as I got home I changed my ticker. That is one pound closer to my goal!! Just keep your head up....you see the results soon enough!!!

7877.jpg

7877.jpg

wow.. I never knew that I was doing it wrong all the time! No wonder the scale was weighting heavy!

Lighter already,

Paula

Sometimes I get a little down about not losing as quickly as some others in the forum, but we are all different and will lose at different rates. I have not lost much weight in the past 2-3 months, but my clothing is falling off my body! I wore my tight jeans the other day and my son made a comment that they are now sagging in the butt! Never had that problem before and didn't quite know how to react. I got a fill last week and I feel like I am losing again finally....I won't weigh yet though, don't want to jinx the feeling. Sometimes I just want to throw the scale away and just go by how I feel. I am not an obsessive counter, or go by the book as far as rules, I want to enjoy life and can't do that if I am obsessed with counting calories and proteins and carbs. It is hard at first to find your niche and it will take time to get to the point where you are comfortable with your progress, but you have a fine new tool to use that will help you on your journey. It is not fast or easy in any way, but it is there and will work how you want it to work regardless.

Just hang in there regardless of what the scale says....You will lose in time, be patient. This is hard, but wouldn't be worth it if it was too easy. It will take time to learn new habits and give up the old ones. Remember we didn't get fat over night...it took time and effort!

Donna