WHAT THE .......

:angry: Banded on 2/27 First Fill on 4/10...... i guess its only been a week...but i havent lost anymore weight... i thought it was supposed to be 2-4 lbs a week? AND to top it all off- i hear that I have the perfect fill..im not hungry-i eat small meals- for example:

Breakfast: 1/2 protein bar and 2 or 3 pieces of turkey bacon

drink lots of water or propel thru out the day

lunch: a slim fast and then some turkey lunch meat

dinner: steamed veggies and 1/2 or 3/4 of a lean cusine

Sure, i snacked the other day on some nuts and raisins..but...Im not eating piles of pasta, and then washing it down with 4 cookies and a glass of milk.. and eating chips and having a foot long sub for lunch....What the hell! hahaha anybody have any answers?!?!

Drop the turkey luncheon meat and the turkey bacon.

Get yourself a turkey breast and bake it in a baking bag - it keeps the meat moist. Eat that instead of the lunch meat.

The turkey bacon and the lunchmeat (any deli type meat) has nitrates and salt in them to preserve and cure them. This junk makes you retain water.

Skip the bacon for breakfast and have a scrambled egg or egg beaters.

Up your fiber! You need 30g per day! I love the FiberChoice tablets and hard candy. They are like big sweet tarts. You chew them, the hard candy is orange flavored. Each tablet has 2g of fiber. Get the sugar free or the sugar free plus calcium. Go to this link and get $3.00 off coupon.

http://www.fiberchoice.com/

Good luck! I've enjoyed reading about your progress!

Jena

good idea.... i didnt think about the salt. Im going to go ahead and make some egg whites- ive made them before and they actually keep pretty well in the fridge for a few days....maybe some lf or ff cottage cheese for lunch too?? i think ill re-think my foods (like you suggest) when i make my grocery list! thanks! Im going for 2lbs by next week..thats all i want, 2 lbs! hahaha :wacko:

You'll make it! At some point, your body has to let go of the weight!!

I'm on the pre-op diet and for the last week I've been fighting a stubborn 1/2 pound. After losing 20 pounds in 4 weeks, this is very frustrating! Grrrrrrr.

Have you tried the Special K protein water? 5g of protein and 5g of fiber in each bottle. They taste great! I like the pink lemon aid. I've got the bottles and the packets to mix in bottled water.

I don't drink crystal lite, propel or any of those other drinks. I've just started drinking these and I like them very much. Drinking a couple of these a day gives you an extra 10g of protein and 10g of fiber.

i do like the protein water-but it has 30 calories so i kind of steer away from that..not that its a lot.... how come you dont drink crystal light? or propel? (just wondering if there is something bad about them that I dont know about!) hahah I used to be a Diet Coke FANATIC!!!! and i havent had one since 2/26 so i treat myself to crystal light or propel one or 2 times a day

:angry: Banded on 2/27 First Fill on 4/10...... i guess its only been a week...but i havent lost anymore weight... i thought it was supposed to be 2-4 lbs a week? AND to top it all off- i hear that I have the perfect fill..im not hungry-i eat small meals- for example:

Breakfast: 1/2 protein bar and 2 or 3 pieces of turkey bacon

drink lots of water or propel thru out the day

lunch: a slim fast and then some turkey lunch meat

dinner: steamed veggies and 1/2 or 3/4 of a lean cusine

Sure, i snacked the other day on some nuts and raisins..but...Im not eating piles of pasta, and then washing it down with 4 cookies and a glass of milk.. and eating chips and having a foot long sub for lunch....What the hell! hahaha anybody have any answers?!?!

Are you feeling full after eating your meal? Cut out the slim fast and eat food. Make sure you are getting your vitamins and your body should adjust. It doesn't look like you are eating enough and maybe your body is holding onto the lbs because it's going into starvation mode.?? Good luck...it will happen, don't stress over it. Cathy

Are you feeling full after eating your meal? Cut out the slim fast and eat food. Make sure you are getting your vitamins and your body should adjust. It doesn't look like you are eating enough and maybe your body is holding onto the lbs because it's going into starvation mode.?? Good luck...it will happen, don't stress over it. Cathy

I am never hungry..so i kind of already feel full. I drink the slim fast bc i still get some calories and dont have to eat anything bc i am literally not hungry..... When i eat more then what im eating i feel bloated. I emailed Dr. Miranda and she said to eat 3 small meals with protein and cottage cheese or some veggies or fruit....so im going to start that next week - egg whites, cottage cheese, veggies, fruit, lean meats, nuts no more little snacks..hopefully the lbs start to come off

I've been losing weight VERY slowly since my surgery (only 10 lb. in 4 weeks). It seemed I was eating so little, and the weight loss was so slow - I didn't understand it (especially when I have dieted in the past and lost up to 10 lb. in a week). The past few weeks, I could weigh every day and be the exact same weight for 5 days. *sigh*

So a few days ago, I started taking a no-doz pill in the morning with my protein bar and water breakfast. Since then, I have lost 1 - 1.5 lb. per day. I think I really needed the caffeine... since I gave up coffee and diet sodas since the surgery. Or perhaps it's all a coincidence. Who knows, eh? lol

If you used to drink a lot of caffeine, maybe you could try taking a pill form and see if that helps you. :-)

I've been losing weight VERY slowly since my surgery (only 10 lb. in 4 weeks). It seemed I was eating so little, and the weight loss was so slow - I didn't understand it (especially when I have dieted in the past and lost up to 10 lb. in a week). The past few weeks, I could weigh every day and be the exact same weight for 5 days. *sigh*

So a few days ago, I started taking a no-doz pill in the morning with my protein bar and water breakfast. Since then, I have lost 1 - 1.5 lb. per day. I think I really needed the caffeine... since I gave up coffee and diet sodas since the surgery. Or perhaps it's all a coincidence. Who knows, eh? lol

If you used to drink a lot of caffeine, maybe you could try taking a pill form and see if that helps you. :-)

Weight loss often isn't a steady downward slope, but steps and plateaus. I went six weeks without losing a pound, then dropped five pounds in about two weeks. Keep track of your calories for a while and if they are low, you will lose weight eventually. I know eventually isn't the word you want to hear, but it will happen.

Weight loss often isn't a steady downward slope, but steps and plateaus. I went six weeks without losing a pound, then dropped five pounds in about two weeks. Keep track of your calories for a while and if they are low, you will lose weight eventually. I know eventually isn't the word you want to hear, but it will happen.

snowbird, when I saw that you had replied to my post- i actually got excited hahaha i think that you and your daughters advice is always so "to the point" and helpful... Dont get me wrong, I value everyone elses opions and VERY much..but there is nothing like an expierced "bandster" (i hate using that term) to give you some advice.

so thank you snowbird! I am eating healthy- and i am not over eating..so i hope that it starts to come off again soon.. i dont know how many times ive heard on this forum that you have to be patient..when will I get it?! hahah thank you again ><'

Don't forget to exercise. At least 30 minutes of walking could make a world of difference. I know it is hard to keep up with an exercise regimen but I think if we could support each other it would be great (I need to get on the exercise bandwagon too haha) It could all just be adjustment for you also, don't get discouraged you are doing great. I bet in no time you will get the hang of it and the lbs will start falling off! Good luck!!

Don't forget to exercise. At least 30 minutes of walking could make a world of difference. I know it is hard to keep up with an exercise regimen but I think if we could support each other it would be great (I need to get on the exercise bandwagon too haha) It could all just be adjustment for you also, don't get discouraged you are doing great. I bet in no time you will get the hang of it and the lbs will start falling off! Good luck!!

thanks!!! I just had a fill a week ago, and from what im feeling-its a darn good one- so i dont think thats it... i think i might be jumping the gun too worrying about it just yet, but im a worrier! You are right, i DO need to start walking again... damn! haha :wacko: I was doing well for about 2 weeks and had a nice tan going..but we got a new puppy and it kind of went down hill..... I am going to start again this weekend ( i know i know..why put off till tomorrow what you can do today) but I cant "do" today hahah soooo tomorrow will have to do! Im sick of staying in the same size clothes for the past few weeks and on the same number on my scale! I CAN DO IT! i hope hahahah

Hey Mac,

So sorry to hear about your struggles, I was out of town for the past 2 days and didn't have much time to be on the computer!! I had no idea things weren't happening on the scale since everything else sounded so perfect!!

I just read in another post your were down 6lbs since your fill which is so awesome!!!!!!!!! Way to go sweetie!!

Hey Mac,

So sorry to hear about your struggles, I was out of town for the past 2 days and didn't have much time to be on the computer!! I had no idea things weren't happening on the scale since everything else sounded so perfect!!

I just read in another post your were down 6lbs since your fill which is so awesome!!!!!!!!! Way to go sweetie!!

thanks michelle! i missed you!!! hope your fill went well!

i understand your frustration. I was banded on 4-3-08. The first week post op I did not lose a pound. I was very upset and down about it. Several of my friends and my doctor (I am a nurse) kept telling me that it is because I was in starvation mode. Well..........they were right. When I got to start on cream soups (I cheated and started these 2 days early), the pounds started coming off. I lost 7 pounds this week (2 week post op). I have started walking the treadmill at night and also think that is helping. Hang in there, the weight will fall off!! Don't give up!!! Best of Luck