Haven't had a fill in a long time and called to book Dr. Martinez and was told he doesn't do fills any more, there is a new person who does them. Who has had a fill lately, who did it in Dr. Ortiz's office and what did you think?

I had a fill on 5/30. It was performed by Dr. Romero. He was the doctor that sat at night when I had my surgery. He is so nice and gentle. I would not hesitate to see him again.

Dr. Romero did my first fill June 12, 2006. He is very courteous and communicates well in English. He explained everything he was about to do, so I had no surprises. He allowed me to view the barium as it entered my stomach and I watched it gently flow into my larger stomach. He injected 1.5cc of saline into my port and stated that he felt that was sufficient. He encouraged me to drink the full bottle of water he gave me before leaving the clinic. He kindly answered all my questions before moving to the next patient. The entire procedure took less than 30 minutes. Good luck!

Hi Chelly,

How did you fill go? I know its really early, but can you tell a difference?

I was scheduled for surgery on Friday, 6/16, but they just bumped me up to Thursday 6/15 - woohoo :):D

Lori - Doing fine here... start regular food tomorrow... so I'll let you know how the restriction goes. So far, I am trying to follow the advice of a fellow lap-bander who said something to the effect of don't see how much you can eat with the band, but how little you can eat to feel full.... on full liquids today I had a protein shake for breakfast (Slim Fast Optima High Protein) - took about 20 min to sip it. For lunch, 1 cup of pureed potato soup, and for supper 1/2 cup chili - no chunks - and a sugar free jello pudding cup. In between meals I've been sipping water. I really like those sugar-free FulFill brand fitness drink mix packets that you can add to bottled water and I've been using those for flavor changes (got them at Wal-Mart). Best wishes on your surgery! Keep us posted!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had a fill in a long time and called to book Dr. Martinez and was told he doesn't do fills any more, there is a new person who does them. Who has had a fill lately, who did it in Dr. Ortiz's office and what did you think?

I had a fill in March - which isn't that recent in the world of fills - but Dr. Martinez did mine. There were 2 people from the states who were there learning how to do a fill - a Dr. & his nurse. But I've been having a problem with my last fill and I called to talk to Dr. Martinez and it was as though he did fills. He took my call and answered all my questions so I'm not sure what's with that.