Newly banded on June 9th

Hi everyone!

I was banded Fri June 9th with the hilarous Dr. Ortiz and his lovely staff! Great male nurses, BTW :) Previous to heading to TJ to get banded, I found another "soul" on this forum having the surgery the same day as myself and we started to write to each other every day (or more) sharing our experiences and frustrations. What a delight and help this was to have a "surgery mate". When we met at the clince during pre-op we were already old friends :) Let me tell you that this bonding brought the whole surgery experience to a delightful level! She brought along a good friend of her's (I was by myself) and the three of just had the best time! It was a mini-vacation....we almost forget what we were down there for in the first place!

I encourage all those that are gearing up for surgery to find another that is banding the same time and make it a time of celebration together. After surgery we were up and "racing" each other around the clinic....getting rid of all that gas! LOL :)

I am home and feeling great....yes, I have gas but not painful....just embarassing if out in public! The clear liquid diet is doable and yes, I do get hungry - but then that's when I 'eat'. The best clear liquid for me is... I put a rump roast in the slow cooker along with 1 potato, 2 carrots and 4-5 cloves of garlic and vaious seasonings. I gave the 'solids' to my son and kept the flavorable broth for myself. YUMMY YUMMY! Beats that old canned stuff! I am looking forward to some great weight loss....BTW - I started off with a BMI of 62.

Good luck everyone! :)

Cindy :)

Cindy,

Thank you for the helpful hints. I am scheduled for surgery on July 14 and am anxious, but really looking forward to it. I love the idea of having a partner. I will be arriving in TJ on July 13. If anyone else is scheduled for the same time, please let me know. I would look forward to writing to you. Also, is there anyone out there from NJ? I live in Monmouth County and plan to attend a local group after the surgery, but would also be interested in communicating with someone near me who went to Dr. Ortiz.

Sheila

• 3 weeks later...