Need to post this...got the saggy skin big time!

Hey all,

I finally changed my avatar and thought that I probably should finally post about my sagging skin problem. I still have much more weight to lose, but being 90lbs down now is really making the skin thing start to bug me. It is starting to hang a bit over my knees and my apron belly is alot of saggy skin now. Yeah it's great that it isn't that heavy, chunky fat that I used to have, but really starting to bug me cuz I still have to lift it up when I wash in the shower and all. :((

There is no way I am gonna ever be able to have surgery for it, unless I can get it somehow medically necessary approved through my insurance. Yeah sure. My drooping belly skin has been causing some sores and inflammation underneath a couple times, but that isn't enough. I have barely any boobs to speak of anymore...LOL

I guess for those of you that had questions and/or concerns about saggy skin. Yes, it does happen to some, but if you can be active and exercise enough to prevent it, that will help. I had knee surgery and couldn't do any kind of exercises....so that's my excuse. But will be walking more soon and hopefully more than that. ;)

Keep your chins up all...we will all still be beautiful no matter what is under our clothes!

Peace,

Judy

Hey all,

I finally changed my avatar and thought that I probably should finally post about my sagging skin problem. I still have much more weight to lose, but being 90lbs down now is really making the skin thing start to bug me. It is starting to hang a bit over my knees and my apron belly is alot of saggy skin now. Yeah it's great that it isn't that heavy, chunky fat that I used to have, but really starting to bug me cuz I still have to lift it up when I wash in the shower and all. :((

There is no way I am gonna ever be able to have surgery for it, unless I can get it somehow medically necessary approved through my insurance. Yeah sure. My drooping belly skin has been causing some sores and inflammation underneath a couple times, but that isn't enough. I have barely any boobs to speak of anymore...LOL

If you have sores and infections under your skin then more than likely your insurance will pay for the tummy tuck.. If they turn you down make sure you file an appeal.. I have a site some where that helps you get the tummy tuck through your insurance..

Make sure any time you have a sore or rash you go to the doctor so that it can be documented. Talk to your doctor about it and explain what you are doing and why you are coming in to see him.

My PCP is with me on getting the band and he said he would do what was needed to get my insurance to cover the band but it was no use. After I get it (in two weeks) I'm going to enlist his help to document problems from saggy skin in hopes that insurance will cover it. I'm not trying to "rip off" the insurance company, but they will cover it if it is a medical necessity. Having yeast infections and sores from skin rubbing IS a medical necessity!

Go to your PCP and get his/her help!

Jena

Keep trying with the insurance companies!!! The squeaky wheel gets the oil and if you complain of back pain, sores or infections under that skin then it is medically necessary. You have summer months coming up and with the warm weather you will be prone to painful yeast infections there. I wish you all the luck in the world with this. Still fighting with my insurance company to get my lapband reimbursed.....I am not expecting it, but if it happens I will be so ecstatic. I had several co-morbidities that have been helped by the weight loss already. :lb4:

Keep trying with the insurance companies!!! The squeaky wheel gets the oil and if you complain of back pain, sores or infections under that skin then it is medically necessary. You have summer months coming up and with the warm weather you will be prone to painful yeast infections there. I wish you all the luck in the world with this. Still fighting with my insurance company to get my lapband reimbursed.....I am not expecting it, but if it happens I will be so ecstatic. I had several co-morbidities that have been helped by the weight loss already. :lb4:

Yeah I hear ya on the infections and sores being a MAJOR reason on getting the medically necessary insurance coverage for this saggy skin side effect. Thanks so much for the pep talk and advice.

I tried a couple times to get my insurance to cover my lapband and reimburse me for what I paid in TJ, but it was a brick wall and no matter what they refused. :angry: I also tried to deduct it in my taxes and since I owed already, it didn't even make a dent. I was so upset and frustrated. YEs, my comorbities have been grately helped and done with, but it would have been nice to get some money back to be able to fly back to TJ for a fill. Oh well...maybe this year sometime.

Take care,

Judy

Yeah I hear ya on the infections and sores being a MAJOR reason on getting the medically necessary insurance coverage for this saggy skin side effect. Thanks so much for the pep talk and advice.

I tried a couple times to get my insurance to cover my lapband and reimburse me for what I paid in TJ, but it was a brick wall and no matter what they refused. :angry: I also tried to deduct it in my taxes and since I owed already, it didn't even make a dent. I was so upset and frustrated. YEs, my comorbities have been grately helped and done with, but it would have been nice to get some money back to be able to fly back to TJ for a fill. Oh well...maybe this year sometime.

Take care,

Judy

I'm going thru this ordeal now too. Playing the insurance game to get approved for a tummy tuck,, but I want the full lower lift. I know I'll have to make up the differance between the two. But I was denied too,, but they said I had to have a medical history of at least 3 months of rash and other related problems from the excess skin. I'm going to the OCC in May and while I'm there I'm paying a visit to the Cosmed Plastic Surgery clinic and getting a consult while I'm there. The head surgeon at Cosmed, Dr. Quiroz,, him and Dr. Ortiz are buds. There has been talk of the OCC turning the thrid floor into a plastic surgery clinic,, but as of right now,, most of the lapbanders that are looking into plastic surgery get referred to Cosmed. I think they still offer a free consult if your a patient of the OCC.

I'm going thru this ordeal now too. Playing the insurance game to get approved for a tummy tuck,, but I want the full lower lift. I know I'll have to make up the differance between the two. But I was denied too,, but they said I had to have a medical history of at least 3 months of rash and other related problems from the excess skin. I'm going to the OCC in May and while I'm there I'm paying a visit to the Cosmed Plastic Surgery clinic and getting a consult while I'm there. The head surgeon at Cosmed, Dr. Quiroz,, him and Dr. Ortiz are buds. There has been talk of the OCC turning the thrid floor into a plastic surgery clinic,, but as of right now,, most of the lapbanders that are looking into plastic surgery get referred to Cosmed. I think they still offer a free consult if your a patient of the OCC.

Hmmm...good to know. Thanks Dolittle! ;)