Hiccups

It's most likely from swallowing too much air while eating, I do the same thing while drinking except it makes me burp not hiccup... Dr. Romero said I shouldn't use a straw as you take in more air that way and also try not to talk with food in your mouth as talking while eating can cause you to swallow a lot of air.

It's most likely from swallowing too much air while eating, I do the same thing while drinking except it makes me burp not hiccup... Dr. Romero said I shouldn't use a straw as you take in more air that way and also try not to talk with food in your mouth as talking while eating can cause you to swallow a lot of air.

And talking with food in your mouth looks bad. ;):P:lol::)

thanks- i will try and pay more attention to that today. I need to work on not putting so much food on my plate (even though its less than before) its still too much- and i feel like I NEED to eat it all!!! That is my goal for this week- to be a lot more concious of the amount of food i eat at dinner

I had and still have the same problem with hiccups. It is extra air getting in and also eating too much. My band tells me that. I ate too much and it hiccups to settle things down. I don't PB or anything when that happens, but it is a reminder that I waited too long to eat and ate too fast. I DO always chew, chew, chew, but if I eat too much or too fast, my band gives me a kick in the diaphragm. LOL :lol:

Take care and listen to your friend for life! ;)

Peace,

Judy

thanks, i had a feeling that i might be eating just a bit too much when that happens. but now i know! thanks!

Hi MacKenzie!

I noticed I hiccup on certain foods. Try keeping a log of what you ate when you start the hiccuping. Mine seem to be bread and a bite of chocolate cake. I don't have much of it but try to see if I can. Sandwiches I don't do well with so I've given them up. Hope this helps.

Hanna

Mackenzie,

You said that you were putting too much on your plate and felt like you had to eat it all..... I was having the same issue so I went to the store and got small (like cake) sized plates... I also got tiny tupperware. This has helped so much!! Now there isnt so much white space on my plate and I feel like Im eating a normal sized meal.

Amber

I havent PB'ed (thank God) however sometimes after I eat i get the hiccups? Does that mean Im eating too much???

I usually get the hiccups when I've ate too much. Along with the hiccups I also have a runny nose. When this happens to me,, it's time to stop eating or I'll be PBing.

The hiccups are what's know as a soft stop. It's your body's way of telling you to stop eating or stuff will be coming back up. When I get them I take a deep breath, then lie face up on my balance ball while holding my breath so that it stretches out my stomach and diaphram. Kills them every time.

I always hiccup after i eat but it is always just one hiccup a single little hiccup it is knda weird. But i talk while i eat ( not with my mouth full though redhead hahahaha) So maybe from now on i will jsut shut up and eat my soup!!! :D:lol::D:lol:

Sara

The hiccups are what's know as a soft stop. It's your body's way of telling you to stop eating or stuff will be coming back up. When I get them I take a deep breath, then lie face up on my balance ball while holding my breath so that it stretches out my stomach and diaphram. Kills them every time.

thanks cylnn- i think i need to start reevaluating what im eating... but its actually almost frustrating not being able to eat a big dinner...even though i know i dont need it...but its like i NEED TO