Banded 4-22-08

>:D<This is wierd.. I just been typing for about 25 minutes about my entire experience in TJ and for some reason, before I could hit "post", it erased!! Maybe that was a hint that I was getting too long winded. Well, this time around, I'll sum it up.

I arrived on Monday, 4-21. Everyone I met was great. The staff at the clinic were very friendly! I buddied up with a girl my age who was scheduled on the same day as me. My parents and my husband went for support. Her mom and sister went for her support. We all talked about everything concerning the surgery. We took our tests and went to the hotel. The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was helpful. I lost 14 lbs prior to surgery and was allowed to have 1 meal. We ate at Rivoli's at the restaurant. I had lamb chops, broasted potatoes and veggies. It was awesome! Especially since I had been on liquids for 2 weeks. After dinner, we took a nap. That nap led us through the night!!

Tuesday, 4-22, We met the driver downstairs at 7:30 am and headed to the clinic. That day, I met a couple who had the surgery the day before. They showed us the scars and confirmed that it was a smooth process and we didn't have anything to worry about. I also met a lady who was there for her first fill. She was motivating and made me excited. I was then taken to my private suite. It was so nice. Love seat and chair, decor was calm and soothing. Plasma TV with Direct TV. I was impressed. It was very sterile. We had to cover our shoes before going to the clinical area.

The nurses and doctors all spoke to me and answered all questions. I felt like I was going for a spa service instead of a surgery. I did not have 1 nervous bone in my body. I was feeling really good. When it was my turn for surgery, I was wheeled into the OR. They gave the anethisia through the IV. I talked and talked and talked until I was OUT!

It was like a blink before I was awake again and it was all over! I couldn't believe it. The scars were minimal and I was alert. I got back to my room and rested for about 30 min. Then I saw my buddy walking aroung. I got up and walked with her. In the meantime, my Dad was downstairs getting lasik surgery for his eyes. He was not a good candidate before but some new process allowed him to be able to get it. He was happy about that! And I was happy for him. My family stayed until visiting hours were over. I slept the rest of the day. I did take my GasX Strips and passed them out to other patients. *Thanks for that Tip!!* They gave me Capri Sun juice to sip on but I wasn't hungry or thirsty that day. I did have some ice chips.

The next day, 4-23, I was up early, walking around, on the internet and using the telephone. I felt great. I took my GasX and the pain pills they gave. They gave me some broth and I was ready to hop in the shower. I got dressed and then we shopped and walked around all day. I had more broth at the hotel around lunch time and then continued on shopping. I was gassy through the day, and the walking and Gas strips helped. I didn't take the pain medicine again until bedtime. I slept like a baby. I didn't even finish my Broth that my husband bought me around 9 pm.

Today, I'm at the airport. I have been walking around just like nothing ever happened. I'm not hungry and I wouldn't even know that I had the surgery if it weren't for the scars on my stomach. (which, might I add, didn't even need badages!). It was really easy and I wish that I had done this long ago.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for preparing me for what to expect. I am grateful for that!

If anyone has any questions for me, please let me know, while it's still fresh on my mind.

Congratulations :) I'm so glad you had such a great experience!!!!

Hope to hear more about your progress!!!

>:D<This is wierd.. I just been typing for about 25 minutes about my entire experience in TJ and for some reason, before I could hit "post", it erased!! Maybe that was a hint that I was getting too long winded. Well, this time around, I'll sum it up.

I arrived on Monday, 4-21. Everyone I met was great. The staff at the clinic were very friendly! I buddied up with a girl my age who was scheduled on the same day as me. My parents and my husband went for support. Her mom and sister went for her support. We all talked about everything concerning the surgery. We took our tests and went to the hotel. The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was helpful. I lost 14 lbs prior to surgery and was allowed to have 1 meal. We ate at Rivoli's at the restaurant. I had lamb chops, broasted potatoes and veggies. It was awesome! Especially since I had been on liquids for 2 weeks. After dinner, we took a nap. That nap led us through the night!!

Tuesday, 4-22, We met the driver downstairs at 7:30 am and headed to the clinic. That day, I met a couple who had the surgery the day before. They showed us the scars and confirmed that it was a smooth process and we didn't have anything to worry about. I also met a lady who was there for her first fill. She was motivating and made me excited. I was then taken to my private suite. It was so nice. Love seat and chair, decor was calm and soothing. Plasma TV with Direct TV. I was impressed. It was very sterile. We had to cover our shoes before going to the clinical area.

The nurses and doctors all spoke to me and answered all questions. I felt like I was going for a spa service instead of a surgery. I did not have 1 nervous bone in my body. I was feeling really good. When it was my turn for surgery, I was wheeled into the OR. They gave the anethisia through the IV. I talked and talked and talked until I was OUT!

It was like a blink before I was awake again and it was all over! I couldn't believe it. The scars were minimal and I was alert. I got back to my room and rested for about 30 min. Then I saw my buddy walking aroung. I got up and walked with her. In the meantime, my Dad was downstairs getting lasik surgery for his eyes. He was not a good candidate before but some new process allowed him to be able to get it. He was happy about that! And I was happy for him. My family stayed until visiting hours were over. I slept the rest of the day. I did take my GasX Strips and passed them out to other patients. *Thanks for that Tip!!* They gave me Capri Sun juice to sip on but I wasn't hungry or thirsty that day. I did have some ice chips.

The next day, 4-23, I was up early, walking around, on the internet and using the telephone. I felt great. I took my GasX and the pain pills they gave. They gave me some broth and I was ready to hop in the shower. I got dressed and then we shopped and walked around all day. I had more broth at the hotel around lunch time and then continued on shopping. I was gassy through the day, and the walking and Gas strips helped. I didn't take the pain medicine again until bedtime. I slept like a baby. I didn't even finish my Broth that my husband bought me around 9 pm.

Today, I'm at the airport. I have been walking around just like nothing ever happened. I'm not hungry and I wouldn't even know that I had the surgery if it weren't for the scars on my stomach. (which, might I add, didn't even need badages!). It was really easy and I wish that I had done this long ago.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for preparing me for what to expect. I am grateful for that!

If anyone has any questions for me, please let me know, while it's still fresh on my mind.

Congrats on your surgery and welcome to bandland!!

Can I ask who did your dad's lasik and what the cost was?? I wasn't aware that someone in the same building did that but it is something I am interested in getting done and since I will have to return to the OCC for another fill might as well have it done there!

Dr. Mendez did the eye surgery. He is in the same building on level 1. The surgery was actually called something else, but they do Lasik as well. His eyes were too bad for Lasik so they had to insert a lense in his eye. It cost $4,000 US total for that. My dad did research before and said that the price was worth it compared to the prices here. Plus, it was really fast. We were in surgery at the same time and done at the same time. He was awake the whole time for his though. He is very happy with the outcome.