One last meal...

Is anybody else struggling with wanting to eat all the good things you love before being banded?? I'm supposed to do 14 days pre-op, which I would start on May 1st. I'm probably going to start on Monday, April 28th though. But I've been finding that I just want to eat all the good things now that I enjoy, as I know I won't be able to for a long time. Kind of like that "last meal" before starting a new diet. Is anyone else facing this struggle?

Is anybody else struggling with wanting to eat all the good things you love before being banded?? I'm supposed to do 14 days pre-op, which I would start on May 1st. I'm probably going to start on Monday, April 28th though. But I've been finding that I just want to eat all the good things now that I enjoy, as I know I won't be able to for a long time. Kind of like that "last meal" before starting a new diet. Is anyone else facing this struggle?

AMEN SISTER! The week before I started my pre-op I had pizza, mexican food and honey bbq boneless chicken wings. I thought I was going to blow up every night for 4 days. I really felt like I needed to say my food goodbyes if you know what I mean.

Now its Thursday and Ill be banded on Tuesday. I have already lost the weight that they wanted me to lose to be at the appropriate pre-op weight. Tonight Im treating myself to a chocolate chip cookey! SSSSSHHHHH!

Hi again!

I did the same thing...I wanted to binge eat very badly. I started my pre-op about a month before my surgery date and never had to deprive myself from meals. Slim fast for breakfast and lunch and then a nice meal for dinner. I didn't stuff myself every night, but it made "dieting" bearable. I miss eating.........only 7 more days until i can start solids..... :(( I really want them NOW!!!

I was also exercising very often (5-6 days/wk) and ended up losing 14 lbs pre-op. I am at 23 gone for good!! :D Good luck

Hi,

I was just banded on 4/18, and I guess what you have to ask yourself are you really ready to lose that weight? Start out with determination... and then remember you will eat your favorite foods again, just not as much, we will never be deprived we will just eat less of what we love and that is how the band is supposed to work. It will all be worth it. Debbie

It will be "our" secret.. and of course by "our", I'm meaning everyone who reads this post.. lol. I did buy the Metamucil and Chromium Picolinate Tablets, and will start both of those on Monday. Hmmm... no alcohol two weeks prior to surgery either, and not much after. Maybe I should get pissed this weekend! :wacko: One last hooplah!

Is anybody else struggling with wanting to eat all the good things you love before being banded?? I'm supposed to do 14 days pre-op, which I would start on May 1st. I'm probably going to start on Monday, April 28th though. But I've been finding that I just want to eat all the good things now that I enjoy, as I know I won't be able to for a long time. Kind of like that "last meal" before starting a new diet. anyone else facing this struggle?

I am going through the same thing, my banding is scheduled for the 23rd of may. My thing is bread, french baguette. feel like I have to eat it now, because I will not anymore soon. I ill start my diet soon, around the 8th-10th of may. Just keep in mind the food is always going to be there, but the surgery could be denied to us because of lack of self-control, and what a shame would that be?

I totally agree.. it would be a shame. I'm pretty sure I will do okay pre-op. I'm not binging, just choosing the wrong foods to eat. My favourite is pizza. I could eat this every day if I wanted. I know that I am ready for a life style change and know I will be successful like all of us will be. I just know that it will be a while before I can eat it. Not too concerned about not being able to eat a whole bunch. Even a little would be great, but I know I will have to wait a while as it is bread. (I could always "chew and spit" like some of you girls! hahaha )

Ah yes the "Farewell to Food Tour" been there done that!!

I started on a version of the pre op diet about 2 months before surgery, that way I could have one meal a week that was one of my favorites!! Deb is right though now that I am banded and filled I can eat pretty much what I want just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less!!

Example: Before I used to eat 4-6 slices of pizza and last night we had pizza and I could only eat 1 slice... and honestly I enjoyed throughly chewing that 1 piece of pizza more than I ever enjoyed shoving 4 pieces down my throat.

Honey, we all did that and felt that way!!!!

If it helps you to stop all the gorging, think this way........3 weeks post op you can eat again, until your first fill. So no real need to do the last meal thing.

That is what got my through the rough pre-op diet and stopped the overeating. Then, when I was 3 weeks post op and able to eat again, I didn't feel like gorging.

So, in short, use whatever means you need to stop the overeating now. Then, when food time comes up again, find another way to get you through the hard times.