may 23rd bangsters

anyone scheduled for may 23rd? happy and very nervous about this. I know I have to do this, but at the same time, I am freaking out. let say I feel grest and ready to go one day, then what ifs? the next. First time in Mexico, everyone in this forum reassures me I'll be fine. thanks for all the caring words and for sharing your experiences as well. will be flying rom AZ. anyone elsefrom this area? thanks for keeping us newbies straight, and... SANE!

anyone scheduled for may 23rd? happy and very nervous about this. I know I have to do this, but at the same time, I am freaking out. let say I feel grest and ready to go one day, then what ifs? the next. First time in Mexico, everyone in this forum reassures me I'll be fine. thanks for all the caring words and for sharing your experiences as well. will be flying rom AZ. anyone elsefrom this area? thanks for keeping us newbies straight, and... SANE!

I am with having surgery on May 21st.. I feel so much the same.. I was laying in bed last night thinking" OMG what am I doing"..

Hi deparis and Redgridj,

It's natural to get nervous before this kind of surgery, especially if you're traveling out of the country to do it. I am in the healthcare profession and in the past would swear only by my NY physicians. It all felt a little strange to be slipping into Mexico for surgery.

Up to the night before leaving for Mexico, I kept thinking I could back out and all that would be lost would be the deposit and the airfare. But I can assure you, all the positive feedback you read here is the real thing! The staff is absolutely wonderful, they know you're nervous and they are quick to put your mind at ease.

It's been four days since I was banded and unless I look down at my belly and see my scars, I keep thinking it was just a dream. Other than the expected gas from abdominal surgery, I feel wonderful. No shoulder pain, no chest pain....hell, I have more pain from the sunburn I got while sitting down at the pool.

You are at this point in your life because you want to take control. You get to make all the decisions and because YOU are in control, you will do everything it takes to make this successful.

Good luck to both of you.

Barb

I'm being banded May 22 and I'm going through the same thing. One second, I'm soooo excited. The next I'm so worried wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

My g'ma called the other day and asked how long she had to talk me out of it. My aunt went to Mexico a few years ago and nearly died of food poisoning so my g'ma can't imagine how surgery there can be sterile. I told her not to worry, I had done EXTENSIVE research and until she did her own research to prove mine wrong, just be happy for me. Besides, I told her, when I'm skinny, we'll have to go shopping. That shut her up. She's a total shopaholic :P

When are you girls starting the preop diet?

I'm being banded May 22 and I'm going through the same thing. One second, I'm soooo excited. The next I'm so worried wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

My g'ma called the other day and asked how long she had to talk me out of it. My aunt went to Mexico a few years ago and nearly died of food poisoning so my g'ma can't imagine how surgery there can be sterile. I told her not to worry, I had done EXTENSIVE research and until she did her own research to prove mine wrong, just be happy for me. Besides, I told her, when I'm skinny, we'll have to go shopping. That shut her up. She's a total shopaholic :P

When are you girls starting the preop diet?

My mom is reacting the same as your g'ma.. She started with "now Patsy Jean" ( horrible isn't it).. I was so glad we were on the phone that time.. I just picked up my laptop and started reading posts while she lectured me...

I AM SCHEDULED FOR MAY 23 AND THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO POST I HOPE I AM DOING THIS RIGHT. VERY NERVOUS AND EXCITED ALL IN ONE

Hi deparis and Redgridj,

It's natural to get nervous before this kind of surgery, especially if you're traveling out of the country to do it. I am in the healthcare profession and in the past would swear only by my NY physicians. It all felt a little strange to be slipping into Mexico for surgery.

Up to the night before leaving for Mexico, I kept thinking I could back out and all that would be lost would be the deposit and the airfare. But I can assure you, all the positive feedback you read here is the real thing! The staff is absolutely wonderful, they know you're nervous and they are quick to put your mind at ease.

It's been four days since I was banded and unless I look down at my belly and see my scars, I keep thinking it was just a dream. Other than the expected gas from abdominal surgery, I feel wonderful. No shoulder pain, no chest pain....hell, I have more pain from the sunburn I got while sitting down at the pool.

You are at this point in your life because you want to take control. You get to make all the decisions and because YOU are in control, you will do everything it takes to make this successful.

Barb

Hi deparis and Redgridj,

Barb

[/quote]

Okay... the heading does say "banGsters" right?? So.... Is there another group of "sex addicts" or something that I have missed out on something?? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Okay... the heading does say "banGsters" right?? So.... Is there another group of "sex addicts" or something that I have missed out on something?? :unsure:

get your head off the ... you know what. it was an honest typo. banDsters is the word. capish? (lol)