2 Weeks Post-Op 31 lbs lost I have a question

Anything you can blend and then drink through a straw counts as liquid as per Dr. Mirands's instructions. (Don't use a straw, though.. will add air to your stomach.)

were you banded by dr.ortiz?? Those who were did not have a mushie stage...so I couldnt really help you there! good luck, congrats on the weight loss

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz and had a mushy stage. They wanted me to eat watery oatmeal and mushy flounder or haddock before I tried regular food. But, I had 3 episodes of serious vomitting and they couldn't figure out why, so that is what they wanted me to do after the liquid phase.

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz and had a mushy stage. They wanted me to eat watery oatmeal and mushy flounder or haddock before I tried regular food. But, I had 3 episodes of serious vomitting and they couldn't figure out why, so that is what they wanted me to do after the liquid phase.

yeah that i think that the mushy stage is by their instruction only since on the post op papers it says in big letters no mushies.... who knows why...but oh well haha

I have lost 31 pounds in just 2 weeks. Wow, the fat is melting away. I am just starting week 3. I am at the mushies stage. What all counts as a mushy? I know mashed potatoes and very soft fish but what else can I have.

Ok so the post op instructions of Dr. Miranda do state NO MUSHY FOOD ALLOWED but I think I know what you are talking about. I ate mashed potatoes, grits, oatmeal, finely chewed up chicken and fish, pudding, yogurt, get my drift? Anything of that consistency. I would not try something like dumplings or sticky pasta - even though that is soft it may get stuck. Just take it easy. Start with the softer foods and then advance to thicker substances. Your body will let you know what is too much.