Any scars?

I finally set my band date for June 12, 2008 thank to all the information gathered from this forum. I feel confident that this is the right thing to do and was just wondering if anyone has been left with scarring from the surgery?

I am getting my band on June 10th!!! But...here in Canada.

I had gallbladder surgery a few years ago...and the incisions are very similar to the banding ones...and mine are faded and hardly noticable at all. I don't expect to be wearing a bikini even when I am thinner, so I am okay with my mini road mapping.

There is scar cream available, I believe the ladies were discussing it yesterday.

Best of luck and keep us up to date on how you are doing!!

Cathy

I agree,.. the scars aren't bad and no one but hubby are going to see them anyway. [in my case.] I have 4 small scars about 1\4 in. long and the port scar is about one in. long. [5 total] Mine, at one month post op, look like little scratches. They don't give you stitches, so it's just a hairline scar. Hope that helps! :good3: Darlene

Yes there are scars, 5 of them total. 4 of them are really, really small - like 1/4in. The one near the port is about 1 inch. Here is the link where MamaMichelle posted a pic of her scars. Keep in mind that although her scars looked good even then I bet they look better now - this was several weeks ago and they fade as time goes by.

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5388&hl=