Working with the band.

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for suggestions for bring to work meals during the early stages of banding.

I plan to take about a week off work after surgery, so that I will be past the clear liquid and well into the creamy soups stage of the post-op diet. I work in an office with a kitchen, fridge/freezer, microwave, water cooler.

I would love some suggestions on what you bring to work for lunch.

Thanks Cathy

Protein Shakes

Campbells Soups to Go

Yogurt Drinks/Smoothies

Special K Protein Water

Crystal Light

Propel Powder/Vitamin

Runny Oatmeal

Runny Cream of Wheat

Are a few of the ones I have thought I will take and I am in a similar situation at work as you. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an incredible amount of variety available even in the protein and creamy soup period. I believe we are allowed to go to protein shakes after 3 days. How long do we have to wait for creamy soup?

Blessings!

Thanks Momof12,

Question: Are you really a Mom of 12?

My understanding is that the diet depends on the doctor...but from what I have been reading here....it's 3-5 days clear liquids, consumme, water, juice etc. and then onto non-clear liquids, such as creamy soups, yogurt drinks, anything that can go thru a straw for a week or so...then mushy foods, mash potatoes, yogurt, pudding, mashed veggies, etc.

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated!

Cathy

For Dr. Ortiz patients - it's 1 week post op of only clear liquids, then 2 weeks of creamy soups - anything thru a straw, w/o using the straw. Dr. Miranda gives a few options but nothing varies for the first 21 days. Then it's 3 weeks of solids until first fill.

Dr. Miranda's post op guidelines are posted on here somewhere!

Hope that helps!

Thanks Momof12,

My understanding is that the diet depends on the doctor...but from what I have been reading here....it's 3-5 days clear liquids, consumme, water, juice etc. and then onto non-clear liquids, such as creamy soups, yogurt drinks, anything that can go thru a straw for a week or so...then mushy foods, mash potatoes, yogurt, pudding, mashed veggies, etc.

Cathy

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for suggestions for bring to work meals during the early stages of banding.

I plan to take about a week off work after surgery, so that I will be past the clear liquid and well into the creamy soups stage of the post-op diet. I work in an office with a kitchen, fridge/freezer, microwave, water cooler.

Thanks Cathy

I took Campbells Soup at Hand (Creamy Tomato - my favorite) to work with me for lunch. I also took sugar free pudding, popsicles, and drinkable yogurts. Drank Special K Protien Water Pink Lemonaide all day long. Chic Fil A has a great Diet Lemonaide :) <- I live to have one!

Kept me satisfied.

Now with my being back on solids, I can eat just about anything but am eating Lean Cuisine when I do not go out for lunch.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks Cathy

I was the Puff Cheetios sucker after 5 days. It got rid of the grumbly and cramping stomach!!

I also lived on popsicles. I wasn't eating enough anyways, so I upgraded to the full fruit flavor (naturals).

I am not a soup person so it was very difficult to find things. I drank the drinkable Dannon yogurts and Costco protein shakes. I also could not have made it w/o Grape G2.

Good Luck.

Thanks Momof12,

Cathy

Cathy,

No I don't have 12 kids. It is just a nick name because I have 7 kids, several animals and alot of neighborhood kids around all of the time.

Cathy I bumped up Dr. Miranda's Post Op guideline for you. I says 1-7 day clear liquid min 3 days. I am thankful for that because making it a whole 7 on the clears will be touch. One I can have my protein shakes I don't think I'll have as much problem because I won't feel so weak hopefully.

Blessings!