body mechanic post band

anyone out here in the healthcare business? I am talking about patient care. I am a RN in a high level I acuity in a hospital that will undergo this procedure on may 23 and supposed to be back to work a week afterwards. any ideas how to get back to normal without chances of injuring myself? between kneeling, bending, lifting, pulling, running through the hallways, etc... you know what I am talking about. I have yet to tell anyone at work about the procedure. any suggestions, and therefore will be expected to perform at 100%. Thank God for the 3 days on and 4 off/week.thanks =D>

Congrats on your surgery date, we have 5 or 6 nurses that post here regularly so I'm sure they can give you more specifics on returning to work... However I was feeling totally fine and could function at 90% - 95% of my pre surgery self in the first few days and then was back to 100% within a week, you should be fine as long as you aren't lifting patients or carrying anything heavier than 25lbs!

Best of Luck!!

anyone out here in the healthcare business? I am talking about patient care. I am a RN in a high level I acuity in a hospital that will undergo this procedure on may 23 and supposed to be back to work a week afterwards. any ideas how to get back to normal without chances of injuring myself? between kneeling, bending, lifting, pulling, running through the hallways, etc... you know what I am talking about. I have yet to tell anyone at work about the procedure. any suggestions, and therefore will be expected to perform at 100%. Thank God for the 3 days on and 4 off/week.thanks =D>

I too work at a hospital... and as you have opted not tell tell anyone at my work... I will have a complete week to recover and was just going to play the" fell on vacation may have bruised my rib going to try and be ginger" and just try and use beyond belief body mechanics....Crissi :girl_impossible: :girl_sigh: I'm having my surg on May 26th...

deparis, I think alot may depend on exactly what area you work in as well. ER can be crazy...lol Your body will tell you but most importantly you need to listen to it. Congrats on your new and upcoming life. Keep us posted.

I am a firefighter/paramedic, and I was back to work in 2 weeks! After week 1 I was going nuts not being able to do any thing. I was just really careful about not lifting heavy! I started to work out 1 week after also. Just be careful and you should be fine!

I'm luckily laid-off right now, but when I over did it around the house, I felt it! If I lifted too much or bent and pushed myself, I had to sit for awhile. When I cleaned house about 10 days after my surgery, I would do a little, rest a little...... I guess the best advice would be listen to your body, don't over do it. :yes: Darlene