BANDED FEBRUARY, 2008?

Just interested in other bandsters banded on February 2008. We all have different experiences.... and thats what makes us special. Tell your progress in 3 areas or less.

1. weight loss

2. how many fills

3. your tips for success

I was banded on Feb. 5, 2008.....got my first fill March 12 they gave me 1.2cc....I go for my 2nd fill on May 24....I was banded by Dr. Felix Speigal in Houston, Texas....I had to pay the 15,000. I wish I would have seen this forum, before my surgery....However....I love my band and my doctor!! ><'

My first fill I haven't felt a whole lot of restriction...Looking forward to 2nd fill!! :rolleyes:

I was thinking of being banded by a surgeon here in Tallahassee (the only one here), but he charged $22,000, did not accept financial loans, you have to go through a year long acceptance program and have 3 consultations before the surgery that each cost $150 - not part of the surgery cost. Umm, no.....

Finding this site was my saving grace. I was so upset about leaving the seminar here, I had totally given up. Even if I COULD pay the $22k, and was willing to go through everything else, the doctor and nurses were so discouraging and unsupportive. Dealing with the OCC staff has been a complete 180 from that and I'm eternally thankful. May 9th, here I come!

Hi Everyone;

Sorry it's been a while since I have been on..... you know kids, work and husband!!!

Hi Monet- good to see you around again!

1. Weight loss = 24lbs

2. How many fills = 1 as of today- next one schedule for this Saturday 5/3/08

3. Tips for success = work out like crazy- I am in the gym 5 days a week - 45-60 mins of cardio and 30-45 mins of weights. Stick to guidelines- protein first!!! Drink water- I drink about 120 oz a day.

Good luck to all!!

Just interested in other bandsters banded on February 2008. We all have different experiences.... and thats what makes us special. Tell your progress in 3 areas or less.

1. weight loss

2. how many fills

3. your tips for success

Ok i was banded on 2/27 (started my pre-op diet on 2/14)

1. I have lost 32 lbs to date (22 since banding)

2. 1 fill on 4/10 (5 cc's)- next is sch for 6/5

3. Tips for success..... I dont think that Im really there yet to be able to give tips~Im still learning about me and my band and what works best for me! ask me that in a few months!

I will add- that Im going on a cruise Sept 27th and I wish to lose about 33ish more pounds before then!!!!!! So im going to get back into working out- my diet has been pretty good- but i know i can make some improvments and I am doing that! ><'

I was thinking of being banded by a surgeon here in Tallahassee (the only one here), but he charged $22,000, did not accept financial loans, you have to go through a year long acceptance program and have 3 consultations before the surgery that each cost $150 - not part of the surgery cost. Umm, no.....

Finding this site was my saving grace. I was so upset about leaving the seminar here, I had totally given up. Even if I COULD pay the $22k, and was willing to go through everything else, the doctor and nurses were so discouraging and unsupportive. Dealing with the OCC staff has been a complete 180 from that and I'm eternally thankful. May 9th, here I come!

Dr. Ortiz and his staff treat you like it is their honor to be doing your surgery.. American doctors treat you like that doctor in Tallhassee... HUGE difference.

1. 50lbs.-25 inches lost.

2. About 8 fills/unfills @1.6cc in band now.

3. Exercise, eat 6 small meals daily, drink your water, get support, and most importantly make sure your mind matches your band, it's a tool not a miracle worker!

Helena ><'

3. Exercise, eat 6 small meals daily, drink your water, get support, and most importantly make sure your mind matches your band, it's a tool not a miracle worker!

Helena ><'

Ms.Teacher, when did you get your fill??

Helena ><'

if you eat 6 small meals..that means you arent drinking for 6 hours out of the day?!?? when were you banded?

What I meant by six meals includes snacks. I drink about 32oz, or about 5 pints of water a day. Usually before and after working out, and mostly before I go to bed, between 7pm and 11pm. I'm up at 4:30am and I usually don't make it to bed till around 11pm, which gives me plenty of time to eat and drink. Plus another thing that helps, during the week (m-f) I don't eat after 6pm. I hope this makes better sense! Thanx! Helena ><'

Hey everyone!,

Great posts.......I needed to hear from my girls ><' banded around my time.......THANK YOU!!!!!! To answer the question, I got my first fill 4 weeks out! Could eat any and everything......so I got a fill. Maybe just too soon, but they gave it to me!

The fills are the key.....so keep the posts coming! :-?

Monet

Hey everyone!,

Great posts.......I needed to hear from my girls ><' banded around my time.......THANK YOU!!!!!! I answer one question, I got my first fill 4 weeks out! Could eat any and everything......so I got a fill. Maybe just too soon, but they gave it to me!

The fills are the key.....so keep the posts coming! :-?

Monet

A doctor in chicago asked me if i wanted to have a fill 4 and half weeks after the surgery. Did you think that yours was too soon?

1. weight loss

2. how many fills

3. your tips for success

;) I was banded 2/4/08 By Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez

1. 29 pounds, for some reason I feel like I'm stuck here...I've been + or - 2 pounds around this weight for two weeks now

2. 2 fills 1.4 on 3/14/08 and up to 2.5 on 3/28/08 I feel that I have good restriction.

3. No tips yet...I definatley have that emotional eating problem which would explain the + or - wieght I can't get away from.

I do try to choose foods high in protien..I eat lots of chicken...the charbroiled chicken breast from Carl's Jr is my fav right now.( I get it all by itself with a fork and knife, the cashier must think I'm strange) And I drink lots of water and Crystal Light and take my daily vitamin.

I try to get to the gym three to four times a week, but with my crazy life lately, I haven't been there in the last two weeks.

So my new short term goal is getting back to the gym.

1. weight loss -22lbs.

2. how many fills -1 fill, 1.7cc

3. your tips for success

- tips... so far is to relax and don't get stressed before a fill. be excited about the weight loss during the recovery stage and then maintain by going back to the pre-op diet until your first fill (get that appointment in at exactly 6 weeks). but try.. try very hard not to be obsessing on the scale (I warn you 'cause I'm a freak about it and have now made up my mind to do it only once a week). the most you should weigh yourself is once a week and then do it at the same timeframe.. like if its 8am then keep it 8am every week. have a positive attitude and be creative and open to ideas of how you will exercise and get your body moving again.

practice eating small amounts before your fill and chewing a lot and sitting down for the meal also not drinking after meals, you'll be making it easier on yourself later. those bouts of pb'ing are not fun at all! read, read and read some more to educate yourself on how this band is suppose to work for you and how to protect your band from slipping, it is an investment after all. relearn eating habits and cut out the old "BAD" habits. all this takes time and patience, don't ever give up! ask for people closest to you for support. i'm not successful yet but my band is working the way it's suppose to! i get on this forum to keep myself accountable and encouraged to fight the good fight. my health, happiness and well being for my kids, hubby, and self.

if you decide to cheat.. that's okay.. we all have our moments of weakness... but after the cheating own up to the punishment by being good for the next few days and undo the effects of the "cheating" you had done. remember bad habits are hard to break but when we start practicing the good habits it will become second nature and then we will be well on our way to our successful journey. we are here for the long haul!

love and blessings,

Hanna :)