Pb'd sushi!

Okay... add spicy tuna sushi as ones that don't go down well! I've been outside doing yard work all day since I posted earlier, it's almost 6pm here and I decided to eat a little snack since I was hungry. My daughter had left over sushi from lunch in the fridge and I love spicy tuna sushi! I chewed and chewed fine but I started feeling stuck after the second piece. My mouth started watering and I knew I was going to heave. The sushi came back up... all chewed up and gross! My band doesn't like sushi!!! I'm sad but relieved it's not lodged in my esophagus anymore. I keep making these gurgling sounds right now... really yucky.. NO MORE Sushi for me! Ordeal lasted 5 mins.

I hope you guys are doing well with food choices....

Hanna :)

Thanks guys! I really needed comforting :( I can't believe I won't be able to eat it anymore. Maybe it's just me... maybe it won't happen to you guys. I read in a blog that sushi went down well with some but I also read that it doesn't go down well with others. I'm the others :(

All is well though! I got scared so I just had clear broth for dinner. Hey.. the up news is I'll probably loose a lb. by tomorrow... just for not eating enough and actually gardening (my arm hurts) today! Yay the sun was out and it's suppose to be sunny again tomorrow. Enough 'bout me... I hope you guys are doing well and exercising. I still need an elliptical machine!!! Sears has what I want but can't deliver until 6 weeks! I gotta find another supplier where I can just pick it up myself.

Have a super day tomorrow... my day is done for now.. I'm pooped!

:unsure:

Hanna

Your best friend, your band, did its job. Isn't it great!

You are right... it hurts like heck. Keeps you from wanting to do it again.

Go, Band!

I am so sorry to hear about your episode.

I kind of the figured that would happen with sushi because of the "sticky rice" ...I just had not worked up the courage to try it myself.

Sashimi went down fine for me, maybe you can try that? It's better anyway, doesn't have all those carbs.

I couldn't bare the thought of never having Sushi again. :wacko:

Lynn

When Dr. Miranda told me that the sticky rice won't go down, I immediately thought about how to get my sushi fix (I eat it twice a week at least).

I have been ordering edamame, house salad with ginger dressing and a variety of sashimi. I have been thinking about just getting hand rolls and having them put my favorite stuff in them and skip the rice but then I was wondering if that much nori (seaweed) would be hard to break down and get stuck like the rice!

This is a dilemma we MUST figure out. Life without sushi is a life not worth living....(being a bit dramatic but you know what I mean!)

Paula, Lynn, Claire, Nikki and everyone,

Thanks so much my sushi supporters! I guess I'll have to try having some sashimi. I've had some before but preferred the sushi because of the rice. Lynn you're right, rice is not good for me anyways 'cause I am diabetic. You guys are the best. I hope you guys will be able to eat it. It just wasn't for me... I may try again to have it in like 3-6 months from now, LOL! Right now I'm too scared. You guys have fun and be active this weekend. Go for walks or anything outdoorsy if your weather permits. I'm excited about my gardening and may take pictures to show you guys.

blessings,

Hanna