Hi there,

I haven't been banded yet, but what happen to your origina band? Did it slip?

Cathy

Yes it did. I did not have a problem for about six months and I lost 63 pounds. I was VERY HAPPY with my band. It broke my heart to have it out. I regained 55 pounds and have been rebanded. I do not think that I will have more complications but I am just really nervous.

So when the band slipped, could they not go back in and replace it right away, before you regained the weight you lost?

Was it your choice to have it removed? Do you know what caused it to slip?

Sorry to be so inquisitive...I am excited but also concerned as well...my surgery date is June 10th.

Thanks for your quick reply. Cathy

So when the band slipped, could they not go back in and replace it right away, before you regained the weight you lost?

Was it your choice to have it removed? Do you know what caused it to slip?

Sorry to be so inquisitive...I am excited but also concerned as well...my surgery date is June 10th.

Thanks for your quick reply. Cathy

I got sick during the summer and I was given medicine that made me vomit. By the time I figured out that there was a problem, the slippage was too much to fix. The doctor said that this was rare and I had to wait 6 months to heal. You should not be too concerned. The Lapband is the best thing that has happened to me. It is a tool that works for my lifestyle and eating issues. I am sure that you will do fine. I am just nervous.

I got sick during the summer and I was given medicine that made me vomit. By the time I figured out that there was a problem, the slippage was too much to fix. The doctor said that this was rare and I had to wait 6 months to heal. You should not be too concerned. The Lapband is the best thing that has happened to me. It is a tool that works for my lifestyle and eating issues. I am sure that you will do fine. I am just nervous.

Hello,

I remember reading your story before I got banded and was a little nervous about getting it done. You must have been scared out of your mind when that happened!! You're a brave woman for going through this surgery again, I'm sure it was a "freak" occurance that your band slipped and now you can relax and let the new band work for you. :lb4:

I know I'm a little nervous when I eat too fast and it starts to hurt. I got chicken stuck once and thought I was gonna die! You sound as though you had your band working very well for you before, and you'll do it again!! :lb24:

Best wishes, Darlene