2 months post-op and not losing weight

tldeas

Hello. Maybe someone can help me get a handle on what is going on with me... I had the lap band procedure done April 19th - and have lost only 5 pounds since surgery. I had my first fill on June 9th and it gave me quite a bit of restriction which I was really happy about as I thought the weight was just gonna drop off of me after that - but it hasn't.

Are there any resources for eating healthy (I've found that Appetizers are the right quantity, but NOT the right nutritional value - usually fried and high in fat).

Thank you, in advance, for any help anyone can give me.

Hello. Maybe someone can help me get a handle on what is going on with me... I had the lap band procedure done April 19th - and have lost only 5 pounds since surgery. I had my first fill on June 9th and it gave me quite a bit of restriction which I was really happy about as I thought the weight was just gonna drop off of me after that - but it hasn't.

Are there any resources for eating healthy (I've found that Appetizers are the right quantity, but NOT the right nutritional value - usually fried and high in fat).

Thank you, in advance, for any help anyone can give me.

Hi

it must be very frustrating to be losing weight so slowly. I think one of the most important things Dr. Miranda said to me was the band helps with quantity, but you still have to pick quality foods. This is a tool and only a tool, you still have to do the hard work. Are you drinking while you are eating or soon after you finish eating? That is a sure fire way to negate the benefits of the band. If you are eating in smaller quanities, quality foods and avoiding high calorie liquid foods, then you might need to inquire about another fill. It might help to write down what you are eating and drinking and take a look at it after a week. Dr. Miranda is always available by email or phone if you have questions or needs suggestions.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Guest marys

Hi there! I too know its frustrating to lose slowly but remember slowly is really the best as the band is not a diet nor a cure all! 1-2 lbs is GREAT and you should only start counting since your fill so you are at 1lb at week(approx) so, hang in there. And, I agree with the earlier post - really look at what you are eating, when, and quantitites to truly assess your progress. I found that a food diary (ugh, i know) using fitday.com was KEY as I always before surgery and even now tend to think i eat a ton less then i do - once you write it down, it can be very very telling. And liquid calories can add up alot. Now i try to eat 3 meals of 300-400 calories each and if i'm going out i'll eat less in day etc. Snacks are only fresh fruit, yogurt or a cheese stick and while i'm not 100% good - those things help me. Good luck