Scheduled for First Fill and Was told to fast for 2 hours

Ok, just received confirmation of my upcoming fill which reads: "A 2 hour fast in necessary prior your fill."

I'm assuming this information is accurate coming from the clinic.

Dawnie... are you still going to stay at the Lucerna? I am requesting to. I want to lie around by the pool! I will be there from May 14th to 17th.

Yes we are all staying at the Lucerna. When I called to get my room reserved, I was told about the new hotel. But the rest of my party had already booked for Lucerna so I did too.

I WILL see you at the Lucerna ;) but trust me, I won't be sunbathing :) I have a Looooooooooong way to go before I would do that to anyone :P

Dawnie... are you still going to stay at the Lucerna? I am requesting to. I want to lie around by the pool! I will be there from May 14th to 17th.

Well actually the 2hr fast is for those who are going for their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and beyond fills...

When you are going for your first fill you are told to fast for 6 hours, and no liquids for 2hrs before. The post op directions for 1st fills are also different so I would ask for the 1st fill instructions since it looks like they just sent you the wrong set!

Hey girls,

there will be several of us who were banded on 4-7-08, that will be there the same weekend. I know a few of us are still considering Lucerna as well. It was such a nice place and the staff was great. The new hotel didn't impress me by its pictures and do they have a pool anyway? I loved the pool area at Lucerna. It was a great place to hang out. Who cares if we're not all a size 4, that's why we did this anyway, so lay out by the pool, come in shorts or what ever, we just want to meet and have a good time.

see you all soon.

reneej

I will call the clinic today and be sure they are aware that this is my first fill. Can't believe how that got passed them :)

Thanks for the advice.

Well actually the 2hr fast is for those who are going for their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and beyond fills...

When you are going for your first fill you are told to fast for 6 hours, and no liquids for 2hrs before. The post op directions for 1st fills are also different so I would ask for the 1st fill instructions since it looks like they just sent you the wrong set!

What is this about a new hotel? I am here right now for my banding sitting in the lobby of the Lucerna at this moment. This is a great place. What is the new hotel they are going to use in the future maybe I will walk and figure out where it is and check it out.

None of the 4 of us in our fill group were given ANY kind of directions ahead of time. I used the directions I read here, but several never had any instructions.

I wondered what was up when we didn't

Hey girls,

there will be several of us who were banded on 4-7-08, that will be there the same weekend. I know a few of us are still considering Lucerna as well. It was such a nice place and the staff was great. The new hotel didn't impress me by its pictures and do they have a pool anyway? I loved the pool area at Lucerna. It was a great place to hang out. Who cares if we're not all a size 4, that's why we did this anyway, so lay out by the pool, come in shorts or what ever, we just want to meet and have a good time.

see you all soon.

reneej

What weekend? I am going for my first fill on arriving Saturday the 24th and leaving tuesday morning. I hope the pool is warm enough for swimming this time around and fat or not, I am going in the pool anyway. And I am fatter than everyone here so the rest of you shouldn't worry about being in a suit!!

Ramona, not fatter than anyone, it looks as though you and I are pretty close in stats. But both of us are on a wonderful journey that will change our lives for the better.

I'm doing just what Dr. Saul, and Claudia have told me - several times....fasting for 2 hours, that's it.

I've heard other patients tell me 6, I've seen a post here from another doctor that said 6...but I've trusted Dr. Ortiz this far - he's the proctor for the band, so I'm confident he knows what the right precautions are for the fill. I'll do what his office directs me to do.

I'm having a nice breakfast at Lucerna at 8am, then going to get my first fill at 10am. Wish me luck!

Ok, I confirmed with Lori.

For my first fill at the OCC, no food at least two hours prior to my fill and water is okay.

*sigh*

I'm doing just what Dr. Saul, and Claudia have told me - several times....fasting for 2 hours, that's it.

I've heard other patients tell me 6, I've seen a post here from another doctor that said 6...but I've trusted Dr. Ortiz this far - he's the proctor for the band, so I'm confident he knows what the right precautions are for the fill. I'll do what his office directs me to do.

I'm having a nice breakfast at Lucerna at 8am, then going to get my first fill at 10am. Wish me luck!