flipped port

I just went for my first fill today and found out that my port is flipped. They state they don't think it was tacked down. I have done everything by the book, and at 5 weeks,.........not good news. Would like to know what Dr. Ortiz charges to flip it back and if anybody else has had this problem. Please let me know.

Very upset!

Tanya, were you banded by Dr Ortiz? I know his clinic does tack the port down in a couple places to guard against flips, so if you went to him and had a flip AND they omitted any part of the procedure, they might be willing to fix it and give you a break on the price.

Why don't you just give OCC a call and see what they say about their usual charges?

Hope it works out okay for you.

I don't want to accuse Dr. Ortiz of anything, sorry If i made it sound like that. He is an excellent surgeon, I am just so upset that it is flipped when I have been so careful and have done everything I had been told. I will probably call him tomorrow and see what he says, but I don't blame him. I know things happen, just stinks

by the way, this is Tanya, sorry I forgot to put my name

I don't want to accuse Dr. Ortiz of anything, sorry If i made it sound like that. He is an excellent surgeon, I am just so upset that it is flipped when I have been so careful and have done everything I had been told. I will probably call him tomorrow and see what he says, but I don't blame him. I know things happen, just stinks

Yikes. Will you please let us know how things turn out? Did you sense that something was wrong - feel anything? I'm curious to know the whys of how this could happen. I wish you well. I'd be pretty upset too.

Good luck.

I don't recall anything discomfort or anything. From day 1 I noticed my port site was alittle swollen, kind of looked like an egg under the skin, but I just figured it was a hematoma or something under the skin cause it did not hurt. I have felt great. this was a total shock to me.

Tanya,

I'm not talking about blame, but responsibility. I would talk to OCC and find out what your options are. That would just be part of taking care of yourself.