BACK TO WORK

Can anyone tell me thier expirience with returning to work after they have surgery. My boss is trying to tell me I will be out for more than a month. I believe its going to be much less time than that. Maybe I should make a friendly bet with him.

Denise

Your body will determine the amount of time you need off. Many people have gone back to work within days, while some have needed a few weeks. How does your body heal now? If you do make a wager....MAKE IT COUNT!!! like a few days paid time off...lol Keep us posted. Lora

I heals pretty fast, and the wager is 100.00, all I do is sit at my desk for 10 hours and answer the phones. My boss is a sweet heart. So the off days with pay are going to be when I have my surgery. And the I have 2 weeks off at the end of July, for my real vacation time.

Denise

I was lucky and have a great disability plan at work so I was out for a total of 3 weeks. I needed the 2 weeks for my own comfort, but the third week I didn't need at all, but it was still nice to be home. He may be thinking a month if it was gastric bypass. But, if he is allowing you to stay home a month, heck go for it!!

I had my surgery on a Friday, and went back to work on Monday. I did best when I got up and walked around every hour, on the hour. I worked about 4 hours on Monday working up to 7 by Friday. Make sure your posture is straight! It's easy to slump over to overcompensate for the incisions and such, but I was feeling sore, and Dr. Martinez told me that was why. The next day - I was fine :rolleyes:

I was banded on Thursday and I really could have gone back to work today. I'm working from home this week.

A couple of the wounds are a little sore, but like they said, a little walking around helps.

However, I am probably the exception rather than the norm. When I had my hysterectomy two years ago I was ready to go back to work the following Monday. (It was on a Thursday) I was 48 then and had a full, open hysterectomy. My step-mom says I have the constitution of a horse!

Jena

I am being banded on a Thursday and back to work on Tuesday. I have a sit down job as well. I am anticipating I will be just fine.

I was banded 4/28 and back to work three days later. I would recommend at least a week off, but everyone is so different it is hard to say. I worked three days later and did fine, but it would have been nice to not sit up at my desk all day.

Can anyone tell me thier expirience with returning to work after they have surgery. My boss is trying to tell me I will be out for more than a month. I believe its going to be much less time than that. Maybe I should make a friendly bet with him.

Denise

I spend most of my time in my office and was able to return to work the morning after I arrived home from Tijuana. No problems that I can remember. Did have a hematoma but I survived that.

I heals pretty fast, and the wager is 100.00, all I do is sit at my desk for 10 hours and answer the phones. My boss is a sweet heart. So the off days with pay are going to be when I have my surgery. And the I have 2 weeks off at the end of July, for my real vacation time.

Denise