My LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG Journey!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! IT'S BEEN ONE DAY, JUST STEP BY STEP, I'M RIGHT WITH YOU :)

Thanks Pam!! I need all the encouragement I can get. My husband is my rock, he told me this morning that I was his hero. I cried all the way to work. I went without the patch as long as I could stand it today. I don't crave a cig, it's just like I feel I need to be doing something I just don't know what. I'm going to start working jigsaw puzzles again like a mad women. So have you been banded yet? My friend and I have exactly a month from today!! I'm so excited I cannot wait. We also want to gradually get ourselves into the pre-op diet as soon as we can. Hopefully it will make it easier. How long have you been banded and how far have you come? I need some encouragement! I went from 318 to 132 about 7 years ago. I started my diet in 1995 and was a skinny bride in 1999. As soon as I said I do, it all came back and I haven't been able to loose a pound since. I'm back to 287 and I have about 140 to loose, I just pray to God this works.

Hi Jenny,

Congrats!! :) So nice to hear that you have finally put down your cigs. And believe me I know how hard it is. Just remember that you will be happier and healthier when it is all said and done. Things are going good for me. This is my second week on solid foods and I really thought I would want to smoke once I started solid foods, but I have not gotten the craving to smoke yet, well except one time when I said to my husband that I wanted a cigarette and he looked at me and said....WHAT???? Then he said to go outside and take a few breaths so the craving will go away...and it did. Sooooooo..........so far...so good. :rolleyes: I am sure I will get a craving again for one but with my husbands support and my determination to get healthy, I don't think I will ever go back to smoking again. I am getting ready to go back to TJ to get my first fill next week on the 30th. I am excited and scared at the same time. I feel that I need a fill and it will be 7 weeks since my surgery when I get my first fill. Good luck in your upcoming pre-op and your surgery. It is great that you have your friend going with you, because you both can support each other. Feel free to email me anytime. By the way did you ever go to the pharmacy to get that breathing excerciser to strenghten your lungs? It will really help. Take care and keep us posted.

Deb

REMEMBER ONE MINUTE, ONE HOUR AT A TIME, THAT'S HOW I'M DOING IT HERE. I HAVEN'T QUIT SMOKING, I JUST HAVEN'T HAD A SMOKE IN 11 DAYS IS ALL

MY FRIEND AND I WERE BANDED AT THE OCC A WEEK TOMORROW.

I'M REALLY DOING WELL. SANDY'S HAVING A LITTLE HARDER TIME BUT IS DOING GOOD ALSO.

I JUST CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW TO DRINK SOMETHING WITH SOME KIND OF TEXTURE TO IT LOL

I'M STILL SWOLLEN AND CAN'T REALLY THINK ABOUT HAVING A MEAL OR A BITE OF ANYTHING REALLY BUT I TELL YEAH, JUST THE SMELL OF FOOD RIGHT NOW DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! LOL I'M NOW DREAMING ABOUT FOODS LOL

SO FAR I'VE LOST ABOUT 9 POUNDS. I HAVE A LOWER BMI SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO A PRE OP DIET. I JUST WATCHED IT FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN FASTED STARTING AT MIDNIGHT THE DAY OF PRE OP. ALL THIS JUST DRINKING IS ALL NEW TO ME BUT I'M GETTING THERE.

LIKE THE SMOKES, I JUST FOCUS ONE MINUTE AT A TIME. I FIGURE IF I'M REALLY GOOD, AND DON'T CHEAT, THE FASTER I'LL HEAL, THE FASTER I'LL BE HAVING ANOTHER WONDERFUL MEAL :) LIKE EVERY OTHER HUMAN BEING LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Deb! I haven't been able to log on for awhile and I was just wondering how your first fill went and what your weight loss is to date. I'm three weeks into being smoke free and still want one bad. My surgery is 2 weeks from today and I am elated. A little worried that I won't lose any weight before surgery or that I want lose enough. It is taking every dime I have to get this done and I do not want to mess it up or jeopardize it in anyway. Let me know how you are. Jenny

Jenny,

So nice to hear you are doing good. Glad to hear that you have stopped smoking. Are you working on any breathing excercises to build up your lungs? I am proud of you and you are well on your way to a healthier life. By the way I have not had any desire to smoke since my surgery. The hardest part was before the surgery but now it is so easy not to smoke. Anyways, my first fill was on August 30th and got 3.5 cc's in my VG band. I still don't feel much restriction, but they tell my it may take 2 or 3 fills before you find the sweet spot. I am kind of at a plateau right now, but the good news is I have lost 41 pounds and it has stayed off. I am not gaining but not really losing so I have my second fill scheduled for September 21st at 10:00am. I just started excercising this past week and feel so good and not experiencing any back pains like I was before my surgery. So I am looking forward to my next fill. Before you know it, your surgery will be here, so hang in there and good luck. Maybe we will cross paths since your surgery is around the same time. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Deb

Deb - yeahhhhhhhhhhhh whooooooooooooooopie - so happy for you :)

No smoking ever!!!! Please, you are on the road to health... don't jeapordize that by smoking!

My progress is going well, so far i'm down about 25 pounds and I go for my first fill next week :) I'm very excited, not only to get my fill, but to go back to the clinic and see everyone again.

Let me know if you need anything!

Hi Lori the weight loss sounds great.I'm coming sept 22 with Jenny so we can banded together. One of my big concern is being back at work Monday after surgery on Friday. I am flying from, Virginia. so with the long flight home do see a problem.?? I would love to hear you and your experience sinse them. Look foward to chatting with you. Dixie Darlin :unsure:

Jenny,

So nice to hear you are doing good. Glad to hear that you have stopped smoking. Are you working on any breathing excercises to build up your lungs? I am proud of you and you are well on your way to a healthier life. By the way I have not had any desire to smoke since my surgery. The hardest part was before the surgery but now it is so easy not to smoke. Anyways, my first fill was on August 30th and got 3.5 cc's in my VG band. I still don't feel much restriction, but they tell my it may take 2 or 3 fills before you find the sweet spot. I am kind of at a plateau right now, but the good news is I have lost 41 pounds and it has stayed off. I am not gaining but not really losing so I have my second fill scheduled for September 21st at 10:00am. I just started excercising this past week and feel so good and not experiencing any back pains like I was before my surgery. So I am looking forward to my next fill. Before you know it, your surgery will be here, so hang in there and good luck. Maybe we will cross paths since your surgery is around the same time. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Deb

Hi there Deb! I would love to meet you. Our flight is scheduled to come in at 10am so we actually won't be at the clinic until 12ish. My friend Dixie Darlin' and I are scheduled to get our pre-op that day and then the band the next. Will you be there for any length of time at the hotel maybe? I would love to meet you too.

Tell me.. the pre-op diet is killing me. Today is my second day doing protein shakes and greens. Oh great one give me your wisdom on this? How did you make it? Before when I would diet if I got hungry I smoked, now since I quit that nasty habit what's a girl to do?

Hi there Deb! I would love to meet you. Our flight is scheduled to come in at 10am so we actually won't be at the clinic until 12ish. My friend Dixie Darlin' and I are scheduled to get our pre-op that day and then the band the next. Will you be there for any length of time at the hotel maybe? I would love to meet you too.

Tell me.. the pre-op diet is killing me. Today is my second day doing protein shakes and greens. Oh great one give me your wisdom on this? How did you make it? Before when I would diet if I got hungry I smoked, now since I quit that nasty habit what's a girl to do?

Chew lots of gum, lol. Not so good post-op, but it may help you get there!!!

Sadly, I'm pre-op. Right now I'm working 2 jobs in order to pay off my credit card before I smack down $10,000 for this thing, lol. I'm looking at probably March 2007 for the surgery, which will be a 27th birthday present to myself.

Hey Lit,

I'm chewing as I type.. So have you had your surgery yet? How has your success been?

Jenny,

If your flight comes in at 10am, they usually pick you up and take you straight to the clinic which is usually around a 20 minute drive so hopefully you will be there when I am getting my fill. I would love to meet the both of you. I leave the same day to go back to Arizona but not till around 3:00pm that afternoon. So we should have time to talk. As far as the pre-op diet....whoa...it was very hard for me too. I tried a few different protein shakes and finally settled on Slim Fast Optima Rich Chocolate Royale. I usually poured it over ice and was able to drink it with no problem. At least the taste was not bad. Needless to say I was not a very happy person having to only drink shakes and eat greens AND could not smoke....ugh. I am not sure how my husband put up with me during the pre-op diet. One night I wanted a cup of coffee and he told me that I could not have one, so I yelled at him and said "Well what do you want me to do"...LOL. Then I asked him if he was going to light up a cigarette (at the time he was still smoking but since quit for me :-) , and he said yes...I could not smell it so I yelled at him "Did you light it" and he said yes, and I said " Well I can't smell it" so he blew it in my face and asked if that was better and I said "YES"....It was a trying time for me...did alot of crying and ranting and raging, but he was and still is a GREAT support for me. I just told myself that if I was going to spend this kind of money for this surgery that I was going to do everything I can to make it work. It is hard, but the good thing is you have dixie who will be going through it with you so you too can be there to support each other. Not sure if you are married, but what I did was since I could not smoke or eat during my pre-op diet, I kept my husband busy in the bedroom :rolleyes: ..poor guy LOL. But seriously, hang in there and just keep telling yourself that you will LOOK and FEEL soooooooo much better after all is said and done. You can do this and be PROUD of yourself for taking the first step. Remember we all will be here for you and rooting you on so keep taking one step at a time and you will become healthier and happier real real soon. See you in 8 days!! :)

Deb

Jenny,

If your flight comes in at 10am, they usually pick you up and take you straight to the clinic which is usually around a 20 minute drive so hopefully you will be there when I am getting my fill. I would love to meet the both of you. I leave the same day to go back to Arizona but not till around 3:00pm that afternoon. So we should have time to talk. As far as the pre-op diet....whoa...it was very hard for me too. I tried a few different protein shakes and finally settled on Slim Fast Optima Rich Chocolate Royale. I usually poured it over ice and was able to drink it with no problem. At least the taste was not bad. Needless to say I was not a very happy person having to only drink shakes and eat greens AND could not smoke....ugh. I am not sure how my husband put up with me during the pre-op diet. One night I wanted a cup of coffee and he told me that I could not have one, so I yelled at him and said "Well what do you want me to do"...LOL. Then I asked him if he was going to light up a cigarette (at the time he was still smoking but since quit for me :-) , and he said yes...I could not smell it so I yelled at him "Did you light it" and he said yes, and I said " Well I can't smell it" so he blew it in my face and asked if that was better and I said "YES"....It was a trying time for me...did alot of crying and ranting and raging, but he was and still is a GREAT support for me. I just told myself that if I was going to spend this kind of money for this surgery that I was going to do everything I can to make it work. It is hard, but the good thing is you have dixie who will be going through it with you so you too can be there to support each other. Not sure if you are married, but what I did was since I could not smoke or eat during my pre-op diet, I kept my husband busy in the bedroom :rolleyes: ..poor guy LOL. But seriously, hang in there and just keep telling yourself that you will LOOK and FEEL soooooooo much better after all is said and done. You can do this and be PROUD of yourself for taking the first step. Remember we all will be here for you and rooting you on so keep taking one step at a time and you will become healthier and happier real real soon. See you in 8 days!! :)

Deb

Hi Deb,

I've been so busy at work I haven't been on for awhile. Just getting your note back and I really hope that Dixie and I can meet you on Thursday 9-21. We get in at 10:00 so I would think we should be there by 11am so maybe this will work out. So you are having your second fill? I thought we got one every 6 weeks?

WOW you must really be loosing great. I'm hanging in there on the salad and protein shakes. So what did you have for your last meal? Dixie and I are thinking hamburgers and steak about now. :D Keep me posted

• 3 weeks later...

Skinny Jenny and Dixie Darlin...

Hey girlfriends....how are things going so far? Haven't heard from you in awhile so I thought I would drop you two a line to see how things are going. How is the liquid faze going? I bet you two can't wait to start to eat real food. I still have good restriction and slowly losing the weight and feeling really good. I had a few bouts with PBing but it just reminds me to chew slower and my husbands is always there to remind me to chew chew chew.....It is getting really nice now in Arizona so we take our walks late at night. And the BEST news is still no desires to smoke so I think the hard part has passed and I will never go back to it. How is the smoking going for you? Well me and the hubby are headed to Vegas for a few days but wanted to see how you two are doing. Keep us posted on your progress ok. Take care and continued success in your new journies.

Your friend,

Deb :D

Skinny Jenny and Dixie Darlin...

Hey girlfriends....how are things going so far? Haven't heard from you in awhile so I thought I would drop you two a line to see how things are going. How is the liquid faze going? I bet you two can't wait to start to eat real food. I still have good restriction and slowly losing the weight and feeling really good. I had a few bouts with PBing but it just reminds me to chew slower and my husbands is always there to remind me to chew chew chew.....It is getting really nice now in Arizona so we take our walks late at night. And the BEST news is still no desires to smoke so I think the hard part has passed and I will never go back to it. How is the smoking going for you? Well me and the hubby are headed to Vegas for a few days but wanted to see how you two are doing. Keep us posted on your progress ok. Take care and continued success in your new journies.

Your friend,

Deb :D

Hey Girlie... Sorry, Dixie and I have been buzyyy! We've started walking at lunch and in the afternoons. Dixie's down over 20pds and I'm just stuck at about 14. Do you have any ideas what will help make this come off faster? We are eating solids this week and I have found that bread does not go down very well.

I suffer from PCOS and my blood sugars have been kinda wild. I have an appt 11-1 to see an endocrinologist so hopefully that will help me get this insulin resistance under control. I'm not doing as good as you are with the smoking. Keep praying for me though. Hope you and George have a great time in Vegas. Dixie and I have to go back the for the first fill in NOvember. Did you see your weight loss pick up after that? I could eat the backend out of a hobby horse I'm so hungry. Let me know