My LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG Journey!!!

Hello everyone!! I thought I would share my journey toward becoming banded. I was scheduled to be banded on June 16th 2006. So I fly in the day before on June 15th. The driver picked us up at the airport and drove us straight to the facilities. I must say me and my husband was very impressed with the facility. We went in for our pre-op testing and then I was informed that I was going to have the surgery right then today. Well, I thought I had a day to prepare for the surgery and was in a little shock that I had to do it right then, but of course I was excited about doing the surgery so I was ready to go. So I fill out the paper work and sit down in the lobby where a few other bandsters were waiting to get banded. I remember Lori saying she was being banded that day and you can't miss her cause she has curly blond hair. Well I just happen to sit next to her and we talked and she was very nice. I started my pre-op test and all was going well. When it came time to talk to the cardiologist Dr. Jiminez, he had bad news for me. Because I was a smoker for 30 years, he told me I had to do a few extra things because my lungs were not strong enough for the surgery recovery. So he put me on an IV and gave me a breathing treatment. I have stopped smoking for 10 days already. So after the IV and breathing treatment, he did another test on me and then came into the room to tell me and my husband that he is recommending to not do the surgery on me. You can imagine my heartbreak because I wanted this so bad. Of course, I started to cry uncontrollably. I weighed 314 pre-op and just lost 14 pounds, gave up smoking for 10 days and made the trip down to Mexico, only for them to tell me I cannot have the surgery done. I was devastated. Although I was crying and upset, what happened next was very impressive. Dr. Jiminez explained to me why he recommended me not to have the surgery. He says that my lungs were not strong enough for the recovery part of it and he was concerned for me. Then Dr. Ortiz and his whole staff came in the room. He sat down and started to explain to me that the procedure is a 20 minute procedure and the recovery time is about the same. But if I did the surgery, it would still take 20 minutes but he didn't want me to spend 20 days in the hospital recovering. He said and I quote " We care about you as a person." That made me feel so good. He said that his main concern was the health of his patients. He told us that he had one of the best staffs and if his cardiologists recommends he not do the surgery, then he will not do it. So he gave me some prescriptions and instructed me to see my physician at home and in 3 weeks, we could see if there was any improvement in my lung capacity to see if I could come back for the surgery. So that night we stayed in the hotel and the next day headed back to San Diego. The driver picked us up and we had some bandsters, who just had their surgery done a few days before. I sat next to Susan, who was a very nice lady. She had got banded and we talked alot on the way back to San Diego. We got to San Diego and spent the night there since our flight was not leaving till the next day. Well, the next day when we got ready to leave, I started to have a really bad anxiety attack for some reason, and it just kept getting worse. Probably the worse one I have had in over 15 years. It got so bad that I told my husband to call 911. I am not sure if it was because of all the excitement and stress I went through or what, but I ended up going into the hospital and having them check me out. After hours in the hospital I took another anxiety pill and started to feel better so they released me, even though they wanted to keep me, I wanted to go. We had to spend one more night in San Diego, before we finally got to come back home to Arizona. Well we finally made it home and I was determine that I was going to get banded. Of course I kept telling my husband that I am going back in 2 weeks, but he being the sweet person he is, kept telling me ok, knowing it was not going to happen. I went to my Doctor here and he had set me up to see a Pulmonary Service who actually comes out to your house to give you the test. My doctor put me on 4 breathing treatments a day and oxygen at night for when I sleep. The breathing treatments are very expensive. (By the way did I mention that I am self pay...ugh!) Anyways, after 2 weeks of breathing treatments and oxygen, they gave me another overnight test this pass Monday to see what my oxygen level were reading. I was very nervous, because I want to have this surgery sooooooooooooo bad. Went my Doctors office yesterday and he was pleased with the results. I faxed the results into Dr. Ortiz's office so Dr. Jiminez could look at them. Finally got a call today saying that Dr. Jiminez looked at my results and has ok'd me to have the surgery!! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE!! Finally after all that I have had to do my surgery is set for Tuesday, July 18th!! So I am heading back down to Mexico again next Monday to try this again. I guess the morale of this LONNNNGGGG story (sorry bout that) is not to ever give up. Do what you have to, to make a change in your life for the better. Also, if you have ANY doubts about Dr. Ortiz and his staff.....rest assure they are there for you and you health and not your money. I am looking forward to seeing them and having my surgery done next week!!! Wish me luck I will keep you posted on how it goes....and I promise it won't be this long!! :D

Deb

Hi Deb :)

I've been trying to email you since I met you at the clinic to find out what happened. I'm so glad you finally going back for your surgery!!!

I'm now working for Dr. Oritz scheduling surgeries and answering questions, so if there is anything I can do just give me a call!

Good Luck on your surgery, I'm very excited for you!

Hello everyone!! I thought I would share my journey toward becoming banded. I was scheduled to be banded on June 16th 2006. So I fly in the day before on June 15th. The driver picked us up at the airport and drove us straight to the facilities. I must say me and my husband was very impressed with the facility. We went in for our pre-op testing and then I was informed that I was going to have the surgery right then today. Well, I thought I had a day to prepare for the surgery and was in a little shock that I had to do it right then, but of course I was excited about doing the surgery so I was ready to go. So I fill out the paper work and sit down in the lobby where a few other bandsters were waiting to get banded. I remember Lori saying she was being banded that day and you can't miss her cause she has curly blond hair. Well I just happen to sit next to her and we talked and she was very nice. I started my pre-op test and all was going well. When it came time to talk to the cardiologist Dr. Jiminez, he had bad news for me. Because I was a smoker for 30 years, he told me I had to do a few extra things because my lungs were not strong enough for the surgery recovery. So he put me on an IV and gave me a breathing treatment. I have stopped smoking for 10 days already. So after the IV and breathing treatment, he did another test on me and then came into the room to tell me and my husband that he is recommending to not do the surgery on me. You can imagine my heartbreak because I wanted this so bad. Of course, I started to cry uncontrollably. I weighed 314 pre-op and just lost 14 pounds, gave up smoking for 10 days and made the trip down to Mexico, only for them to tell me I cannot have the surgery done. I was devastated. Although I was crying and upset, what happened next was very impressive. Dr. Jiminez explained to me why he recommended me not to have the surgery. He says that my lungs were not strong enough for the recovery part of it and he was concerned for me. Then Dr. Ortiz and his whole staff came in the room. He sat down and started to explain to me that the procedure is a 20 minute procedure and the recovery time is about the same. But if I did the surgery, it would still take 20 minutes but he didn't want me to spend 20 days in the hospital recovering. He said and I quote " We care about you as a person." That made me feel so good. He said that his main concern was the health of his patients. He told us that he had one of the best staffs and if his cardiologists recommends he not do the surgery, then he will not do it. So he gave me some prescriptions and instructed me to see my physician at home and in 3 weeks, we could see if there was any improvement in my lung capacity to see if I could come back for the surgery. So that night we stayed in the hotel and the next day headed back to San Diego. The driver picked us up and we had some bandsters, who just had their surgery done a few days before. I sat next to Susan, who was a very nice lady. She had got banded and we talked alot on the way back to San Diego. We got to San Diego and spent the night there since our flight was not leaving till the next day. Well, the next day when we got ready to leave, I started to have a really bad anxiety attack for some reason, and it just kept getting worse. Probably the worse one I have had in over 15 years. It got so bad that I told my husband to call 911. I am not sure if it was because of all the excitement and stress I went through or what, but I ended up going into the hospital and having them check me out. After hours in the hospital I took another anxiety pill and started to feel better so they released me, even though they wanted to keep me, I wanted to go. We had to spend one more night in San Diego, before we finally got to come back home to Arizona. Well we finally made it home and I was determine that I was going to get banded. Of course I kept telling my husband that I am going back in 2 weeks, but he being the sweet person he is, kept telling me ok, knowing it was not going to happen. I went to my Doctor here and he had set me up to see a Pulmonary Service who actually comes out to your house to give you the test. My doctor put me on 4 breathing treatments a day and oxygen at night for when I sleep. The breathing treatments are very expensive. (By the way did I mention that I am self pay...ugh!) Anyways, after 2 weeks of breathing treatments and oxygen, they gave me another overnight test this pass Monday to see what my oxygen level were reading. I was very nervous, because I want to have this surgery sooooooooooooo bad. Went my Doctors office yesterday and he was pleased with the results. I faxed the results into Dr. Ortiz's office so Dr. Jiminez could look at them. Finally got a call today saying that Dr. Jiminez looked at my results and has ok'd me to have the surgery!! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE!! Finally after all that I have had to do my surgery is set for Tuesday, July 18th!! So I am heading back down to Mexico again next Monday to try this again. I guess the morale of this LONNNNGGGG story (sorry bout that) is not to ever give up. Do what you have to, to make a change in your life for the better. Also, if you have ANY doubts about Dr. Ortiz and his staff.....rest assure they are there for you and you health and not your money. I am looking forward to seeing them and having my surgery done next week!!! Wish me luck I will keep you posted on how it goes....and I promise it won't be this long!! :D

Deb

Oh Deb, what an adventure. I'm glad you ended with good news. My prayers will be with you on the 18th. Keep us posted. Sylvia

Oh Deb, what an adventure. I'm glad you ended with good news. My prayers will be with you on the 18th. Keep us posted. Sylvia

Deb, Your story really touched me- but the happy part for me is that my surgery is on 7/18 too so I'll see you there. linda

I am so glad they didn't do it the original day. :) You would not want to put yourself in risk like that!! I know if must have been so hard to hear you had to wait though. :unsure: I am NOT a smoker and the breathing part was a hard recovery for me so I can imagine it would be harder for a smoker. I'm so glad your lungs are healthier now and good luck with your upcoming surgery! :D BTW, have you quit smoking for good?

Deb, Your story really touched me- but the happy part for me is that my surgery is on 7/18 too so I'll see you there. linda

Hi Lori,

Well my journey continues but the good news is that...I am finally banded!!! Yippeeee! :P

But I know that the journey is just beginning. I arrived at the center for my second try at

getting banded on July 17th. I went in for the pre-op and first saw Dr. Miranda again. She

wanted to weigh me again to check my weight. She says...I hope you are under 300 pounds.

OMG!!!! I didn't know I had to still be under 300 since my pre-op weight was 314 when I first

went in for my first try at the surgery on June 15th. Well I got on the scale and held my breath

and she says....Don't Move....Then tells me that I am at 296...phew...what a relief that was. So

back to the lobby I go and in walks Dr. Jiminez...noooooooo I tell him crossing my two fingers in

a cross...stay away!!! I was really nervous about seeing him but when I finally got to see him, he

made me take the wonderful test to check my lungs and the beautiful words came out of his mouth..

you are strong enough for the surgery and that he was proud of my improvement. So the next day

I come in to do the surgery and I am the first to go in. Well...when it was all said and done with, Dr.

Ortiz said it was one of his most difficult surgeries only because I had my gall bladder taken out

10 years ago and when it healed it left alot of scar tissue inside my stomach area so he had to work

around it so instead of a 20 minute surgery mine was 40 minutes. Dr. Ortiz went into my room after

the surgery to talk to my husband and let him know why the surgery took so long and that everything

was fine but it was just one of his harder ones. Of course nothing I do can be easy!! :D My husband

had me up walking 2 hours after my surgery and I was a little sore but nothing major. The staff was

so Awesome. Anyone out there who is thinking about changing their lives and getting healthier and

thinking of having the surgery done, I can tell you from first hand experience that Dr. Ortiz and his

entire staff has proven that they are not only excellent at what they do, but they sincerely care for you

and your health. I will be forever grateful for my life changing experience with Dr. Ortiz and his staff.

The easy part is over and now comes the hard part. I know the band is a tool and it has only been a

week since my surgery and I weighed myself this morning and I was at 288 lbs. So the first week I

lost 8 pounds and 26 pounds overall since my original pre-op diet. I am very excited and feeling great

and on my way to a healthier and happier life!! I will go back to Mexico for my first fill which will be

sometime around the end of August. Looking forward to that. Oh by the way....My husband...who Dr.

Miranda calls the Lap Band Nazi...because he will not let me deviate from anything and watches everything

I drink......has made a calender of when I can start my protein drinks and when I can eat solid foods and

all that good stuff. I have not gone back to smoking either and have not had a desire for a cigarette since

I had the surgery. Not sure what will happen if when I start to eat solid foods but my husband has already

informed me that I will NOT be going back to smoking lol. Anyways, I will keep you posted on my progress.

By the way how is your progress going? Good luck to all who will be getting banded soon.

Deb

Banded 7/18/2006

Pre-Op - 314 lbs

Current - 288 lbs

First Goal - 199 lbs

Ultimate Goal - 150 lbs

Guest marys

Wow Deb what an amazing story/journey so far. Congrats on being banded and for quitting smoking. That is truly a hard thing to do as I am a former smoker - i hope you keep that up and i wish you the best luck with the band - you sound like quite a fighter so im sure you will be successfull. I feel the same way about dr ortiz and his staff - they are not out just for the money (although I don't fault anyone who is - smile) but truly care about the patient and will only do the surgery if it is safe, etc. Your situation proves that. Take care! mary

:)

Hi Lori,

Hi Deb this is linda who rode back to the airport with you. it was great to read your post. i really hated the long trip home and i had a couple of days of feeling lousy- but now i am feeling better each day- my energy coming back and i have lost 11 lbs. one thing i regretted was that i came alone and meeting you and your husband made me realize how much easier it would have been if i had someone there with me. anyway im doing great and i will keep up with your story if you keep writing. maybe ill see you when i get my 1st fill

linda

Well my journey continues but the good news is that...I am finally banded!!! Yippeeee! :P

But I know that the journey is just beginning. I arrived at the center for my second try at

getting banded on July 17th. I went in for the pre-op and first saw Dr. Miranda again. She

wanted to weigh me again to check my weight. She says...I hope you are under 300 pounds.

OMG!!!! I didn't know I had to still be under 300 since my pre-op weight was 314 when I first

went in for my first try at the surgery on June 15th. Well I got on the scale and held my breath

and she says....Don't Move....Then tells me that I am at 296...phew...what a relief that was. So

back to the lobby I go and in walks Dr. Jiminez...noooooooo I tell him crossing my two fingers in

a cross...stay away!!! I was really nervous about seeing him but when I finally got to see him, he

made me take the wonderful test to check my lungs and the beautiful words came out of his mouth..

you are strong enough for the surgery and that he was proud of my improvement. So the next day

I come in to do the surgery and I am the first to go in. Well...when it was all said and done with, Dr.

Ortiz said it was one of his most difficult surgeries only because I had my gall bladder taken out

10 years ago and when it healed it left alot of scar tissue inside my stomach area so he had to work

around it so instead of a 20 minute surgery mine was 40 minutes. Dr. Ortiz went into my room after

the surgery to talk to my husband and let him know why the surgery took so long and that everything

was fine but it was just one of his harder ones. Of course nothing I do can be easy!! :D My husband

had me up walking 2 hours after my surgery and I was a little sore but nothing major. The staff was

so Awesome. Anyone out there who is thinking about changing their lives and getting healthier and

thinking of having the surgery done, I can tell you from first hand experience that Dr. Ortiz and his

entire staff has proven that they are not only excellent at what they do, but they sincerely care for you

and your health. I will be forever grateful for my life changing experience with Dr. Ortiz and his staff.

The easy part is over and now comes the hard part. I know the band is a tool and it has only been a

week since my surgery and I weighed myself this morning and I was at 288 lbs. So the first week I

lost 8 pounds and 26 pounds overall since my original pre-op diet. I am very excited and feeling great

and on my way to a healthier and happier life!! I will go back to Mexico for my first fill which will be

sometime around the end of August. Looking forward to that. Oh by the way....My husband...who Dr.

Miranda calls the Lap Band Nazi...because he will not let me deviate from anything and watches everything

I drink......has made a calender of when I can start my protein drinks and when I can eat solid foods and

all that good stuff. I have not gone back to smoking either and have not had a desire for a cigarette since

I had the surgery. Not sure what will happen if when I start to eat solid foods but my husband has already

informed me that I will NOT be going back to smoking lol. Anyways, I will keep you posted on my progress.

By the way how is your progress going? Good luck to all who will be getting banded soon.

Deb

Banded 7/18/2006

Pre-Op - 314 lbs

Current - 288 lbs

First Goal - 199 lbs

Ultimate Goal - 150 lbs

Deb - yeahhhhhhhhhhhh whooooooooooooooopie - so happy for you :)

No smoking ever!!!! Please, you are on the road to health... don't jeapordize that by smoking!

My progress is going well, so far i'm down about 25 pounds and I go for my first fill next week :) I'm very excited, not only to get my fill, but to go back to the clinic and see everyone again.

Let me know if you need anything!

Hi Deb :)

I've been trying to email you since I met you at the clinic to find out what happened. I'm so glad you finally going back for your surgery!!!

I'm now working for Dr. Oritz scheduling surgeries and answering questions, so if there is anything I can do just give me a call!

Good Luck on your surgery, I'm very excited for you!

HI LORI!

TX FOR TURNING ME ONTO THIS SITE. YOU'LL NOTICE I MADE A FEW POSTS.

GINI (A/K/A "VIRGINIA" AND "GINIPAT")

Hey Gini,

No problem, the site is a great resouce. I sent you a private email about how to post new topics.

As always, anyone please feel free to contact me directly with questions about Lap Band surgery or forum questions. My email is listed below :)

Deb,

I am so very happy for you!!! Your experience inspires me and is a testament to how you can do anything when you want it badly enough! I wish you the best on this journey to a healthier body, mind, and spirit. God bless you!

Chelley

:)Hi everyone,

It's me Deb,and I just want to say thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Sorry i don't post alot but i am a one finger typer,and I usuallydo the talking and my hubby does the typing LOL

well I have a few hours to spare so i thought i'd drop a few lines LOL. It is so great to have this forum,

it seems like we have all grown up with each other, well most of us anyways, not going to mention any

skeptics :angry: Oh well back to the positive.....I mean how many outsiders do we just start asking questions

about Pbing,vomiting,diaharea, and so on except friends right? I read this forum first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. I can't wait to read all the new posts. I know we tell our friends and family about our Lap-band and the details it entails, but to be able to talk with fellow bandsters is the best!!!! To be able to vent and totally be understood :D So again thank you all and congratulations to everyone, as we all know sometimes are very trying. But when i think i just can't drink 1 more dinner LOL I simply go on the forum and read my friends posts and know that we all can do this together. God Bless keep up the great

work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and hope my 1 finger quits throbbing soon.....j/k. And oh btw i have lost 27lbs :D

Debbie

Deb... that's great!!!

I know the liquid thing gets old fast... I ended up treating myself with some fat free frozen yogurt or a weight watchers fudgesicle... still liquid - but really helped me feel like I was eating something :)

Deb

Deb

What a journey. I am scheduled for banding on September 22nd. I have been a smoker for about 20years. I am mortified they will not do the surgery on me. I have never had any breathing problems or asthma so I am considering quitting the end of the month so that I will have about 4 weeks of being smoke free. Did you use the patch and was that helpful to quit? HOW DID YOU DO IT??? I have been overweight my entire life and this is like a dream come true for me. I have approximately 140 pounds to loose and I am scared after all of my past failures that this to will not work. Oh please give me some good news.

Jenny,

Hi...nice to hear you have decided to change your life and get banded. The most important thing is the smoking and quitting. I smoked for almost 30 years and smoked 3 to 4 packs a day. The BEST thing for you to do now is to quit as soon as possible. I quit for 10 days and it was not enough. I needed another 4 weeks to strengthen my lungs to have enough capacity to have the surgery. But I did it because I really wanted the surgery. I too have been overweight for most of my life. I was 314 pounds pre-op. When they sent me home I was DEVESTATED. But it was for my own good. You are very lucky because your date is not set till Sept. 22nd and you have plenty of time to build your lungs up. You can quit now and the best thing for you to do is do some walking and swimming if possible, but go to your local pharmacy and asked them for a device to help you build your lungs. I got a device that had 3 balls in it (not sure what the exact name of it is) but I told my pharamacist that I needed to strengthen my lungs and he gave me this device that I used 4 or 5 times a day. It really helped. I am 3 weeks post-op today and I weighed myself this morning and I now weigh 277 pounds. My first goal is to get under 200 pounds and my ultimate goal is to be 150 pounds. But so far I have lost 37 pounds and started my solid foods today. The one thing I was worried about is wanting a cigarette once I started eating solid foods. Oh just to let you know I did not want a cigarette after surgery. Today was the first test for me and I am happy to tell you that even after I ate my solid foods, I did not crave a cigarette. My husband, who also smokes, has now quit and has not smoked a cigarette for two weeks and counting. He has smoked for 16 years. He said he was quitting because he did not want me to go back to smoking. He watches everything I do and is a wonderful support. So good luck to you and let me tell you first hand that you are making a life changing decisions and I am so happy for you. Good Luck to you and keep us posted on how your progress is going. If you need support, just drop me an email and I will be happy to talk to you. Oh by the way, I did use the patch for about 4 days and then didn't use it after that. I did get this thing from Walgreens called Endit. It is a thing that looks like a cigarette and it has a pin on the end of it. When you take the pin out and inhale it, it taste like tobacco, but has no nicotine in it. It left a bad taste in my mouth, so I just left the pin in and put it in my mouth so it gave me the feeling of having a cigarette in my mouth without the dangers of a cigarette. It seemed silly but it really helped me get through the last 4 weeks before my actual surgery date. I had my surgery on July 18th and feel so wonderful right now. This forum has been a great support for me and their are lots of people here that will help you through these life changing times. Once again, BEST OF LUCK to you and your friend and please keep us posted. Best wishes!!! :):):)

Deb

Banded July 18th by Dr. Ortiz

Post Op Weight - 314 (first time)

Post Op Weight - 296 (July 17th)

Current Weight - 277

First Goal - 199

Ultimate Goal - 150

Oh Deb, Thanks so much for all of your advice. I don't know you and you feel like a big sister to me! I cannot wait to do this. My husband stays after me all the time to quit so when I told him I had to, needed to, for the surgery I thought he was going to cry! He was so excited. I am a big coffee drinker and cannot imagine it with my morning smoke on the porch but I will just have to put on my Big Girl Panties and get over it now want I? You have been such an encouragement for me. As I told you my friend and I are having the surgery together. She and I have supported each other on almost every diet you can imagine and when Friday hits we are the first one's to hit the pizza palace or whatever else we can get our hands on. We are all new to this and have only really been researching it for about the last two or three weeks, so when we read on the forum that some people had not lost any weight at all we were both panicked!! Believe me I do not have one extra dime to spend and this is a HUGE step for me. I guess if the liquid is all you are really eating for the first couple weeks you can't help but loose. So how's your energy? Were you hungry hungry during this? Please stay in touch and keep me informed of your progress.

Jenny,

During the first 3 weeks my energy seemed better than it was before the surgery because for one, my back finally stopped hurting. I didn't really feel hungry during the liquid stage. Now that I am in the solid food stage, my energy is still good and probably the hardest thing for me is eating 3 meals a day. I was use to only eating one or two meals a day, but it is very important to eat 3 meals a day because it gets your metabolism going. I am eating just enough to satisfy myself and not over doing it. Now the part I am worried about is when I go in for my first fill. I had the larger VG Band put on so I am hoping I don't have a problem when its time to get a fill. How are you doing? Did you stop smoking already? Since I have been on solids, I have not had a desire to smoke so it looks like I am finally through with it, although there are times when I feel like I really want one, but my primary doctor told me that the urge usually only last for 30 seconds and whenever I feel like having one, just take a walk or go outside and take a deep breath and the urge will go away. So far so Good!! :D Keep us posted on how your pre-op is going and good luck to you and your friend.

Deb

weightloss.png

Hi Deb,

Thanks for checking in on me. I haven't laid the cigs down yet but this weekend was a milestone of sorts. I am buying pack to pack thinking this will help.. I smoked one pack between Friday afternoon and Sunday. I am also trying to wait at least 30min before smoking after meals. I am waiting on pay day to get my patches so hopefully they will help me quit all together. I did tell my family that I was quitting and hopefully just telling people will help me curb my smoking too. I also really cut back on the eating this weekend and said goodbye to my favorite.. Coke. I drank water, coffee and tea as much as possible this weekend. I didn't weigh this weekend since I started, :angry: so I'll check that next week. I see where you've lost another 15 since 7-25, you "go girl". You are such an inspiration to me and I only hope that my weight comes off like yours has. How many sizes have you gone through in the last two months? Keep me posted.

Chelley,

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. You are an inspiration to us all. Hang in there and remember to take it one day at a time. We all KNOW you will be successful in this. Even though we never met, I can tell that you are a person who knows what she wants and you will be sucessful in this journey. Continue to keep us posted on your progress and good luck.

Deb

Hi Deb,

Just wanted you to know that I've laid them down finally. Monday August 20th first whole day without a cig. I've started the patches and it made my blood pressure go up so I had to take it off.. whew what a day, It's 10:45 et and I'm ready for bed and my first day off. It can only get better from here on out.

I'm also going to have an accupuncture session to see if that will help me also. I've bought gum and suckers today and that's helped, just not like the real thing, I know you know. I haven't started dieting yet, I have to go to Atlanta for the next 3 days for a convention for work, so I'm going to remain in control, not overdo it but still be able to enjoy myself. So how ya been? My email was down last week and I missed speaking with you. So how's life, the band and your cravings to smoke?