Drinking b4 eating

...why you can't drink before you eat. I understand why you can't while you are eating and soon after, but why not before? Doesn't it just run strait through the band. This may not even be a requirement of Dr. Miranda's, I don't remember. I just know that when I went to a seminar in Dallas, the doctors there told me no drinking 1 hour before and 1 hour after. If someone could clear this up that would be great.

...why you can't drink before you eat. I understand why you can't while you are eating and soon after, but why not before? Doesn't it just run strait through the band. This may not even be a requirement of Dr. Miranda's, I don't remember. I just know that when I went to a seminar in Dallas, the doctors there told me no drinking 1 hour before and 1 hour after. If someone could clear this up that would be great.

Dr Ortiz's rules are no drinking for 15 minutes prior to eating. However, in his book he goes on to say that some people who need more restriction drink iced drinks just prior to eating to close up the stoma a little, which he thinks is okay.

I think the only reason for no drinking before the meal is that iced drinks restrict you and warm drinks relax you. so drinking right before eating may affect the amount of food you can consume. If you are too tight, iced drinks would be bad. If you are not restricted enough, warm drinks would make it worse. I get the feeling from his book that he really doesn't think it is a big deal one way or the other. It's after meals that you really need to avoid it. Maybe someone with more medical knowledge can give a better reason, but I do drink before eating, but not after.

Snowbird!

You are so close to your goal! Congrats honey! And to think you just got banded 7 months ago! That's really good to hear!

><'

Thanks! We are the same height, and it looks like we started about the same weight. I'm too old to get down to 130; my face would look like an old hag. I'm already in a size 8 bottoms and a medium or large top, so I figure 13 more pounds will be enough to make me happy and healthy. Looks like you are on your way too!

WAY TO GO SNOWBIRD!!!! I am so happy to see you are almost at your goal. Keep up the great work. Evette SOON it will be you and I and all of the other wonderful bandsters with all of our new wardrobes...hehehe I can't wait!!!! Let's Keep Going!!! Lora