Driving into T.J from Orange County

H :wacko:

Hi everyone - I'm looking for advice on the easiest route into T.J - previously I would drive to OCC directly from my home in Orange County- the drive to was quick and painless , yet coming back over the border would take me 1 1/2 hours just to get from the clinic back over the border. I've heard you can leave you car at the last off ramp (in San Diego) before the border and take a bus in ? Can I take a taxi to and from ? What are the fees and my best Way to avoid the border lines.? any advice you all may have would be greatly appreciated , my next fill is May 31st .

><' Lynn

You can park at the border, walk across and then hop a taxi to OCC ($5) of course be sure to settle on the price before you get in . When leaving the OCC there are cabs parked just across and down the street and either someone out front will whistle one for you or you can just stand in the middle of the road and wave your hands.. and they will come. :rolleyes:

another $5 back. You can stand in the walk up line at the border, I've seen it short and long. It is faster than a car but it still can take 1-3 hours... Hope this helps.

When are you planning on taking the trip? I live in Long Beach and would love a "fill" buddy.

I have a fill scheduled for the 24th, but there may be a problem with DH going with, so I was thinking of just going by myself sometime during the week, next week.

We park on the US side and walk across all the time, then take a cab. Claudia will call you a cab when you are done at OCC and they will take you to the pedestrian line. I have walked across in 5 minutes and I have stood in line for over an hour. Midweek is best for a short line.

H :wacko:

Hi everyone - I'm looking for advice on the easiest route into T.J - previously I would drive to OCC directly from my home in Orange County- the drive to was quick and painless , yet coming back over the border would take me 1 1/2 hours just to get from the clinic back over the border. I've heard you can leave you car at the last off ramp (in San Diego) before the border and take a bus in ? Can I take a taxi to and from ? What are the fees and my best Way to avoid the border lines.? any advice you all may have would be greatly appreciated , my next fill is May 31st .

><' Lynn

Hi Lynn, I'm from Huntington Beach and I just did this on Monday. There is a nice parking lot with security for $5 a day behind the Jack in the Box at the border. You walk across the border and the taxi to the clinic (be sure and take the address for the driver) cost me $8. Coming back I had to wait in line about 30 minutes to get back to the states. Sissy