Does it really matter?

If you are dieting and losing weight does it really matter if you are following the listed pre-op diets? I am losing weight and I am restricting myself but I wouldn't say I am following Dr. M's diets to a T. I would say mine is a liitle more lenient. It's week 1 and I'm already down 9 lbs. What do you think???

Surgery Date is May 29th

That is exactly what I did too! I don't think that it matters how you lose the weight just that you do. I restricted myself on my eating and started exercising more and I lost 14 lbs in about 2 1/2 weeks. The thing with me is I can lose the weight. The equation is simple eat less and exercise more. I just can't keep it off! Good job on the 9 lbs!

><'

Brook

Hi Ladies,

I was told by my surgeon and nutritionist that the reason for the pre-op diet is to reduce the fat/size of the liver so that it can be easier moved during the laproscopic surgery...so as long as you are eating virtually no fat and losing weight you should be just fine!!

You are doing amazing, best of luck with your upcoming surgeries!

Cathy

No, it does not matter what diet you go on. I talked to Dr. Miranda about that and she said as long as you lose 5% of the weight whatever diet is fine. The first 5% really decreases the amount of fat around the liver therefore making it easier to access the posterior aspect of the stomach - any diet is fine - it's the 5% that counts.