Feeling tight after a fill and then feeling goes away

It seems odd to me that people would feel restricted at times and then the feeling goes away. I don't quite understand why we would feel like that if the band has fluid in it it should always provide the same level of restriction (except of course if we are on our monthly cycle or fly).

Has anyone ever asked Dr. Ortiz why this happens? It just does not make sense.

sue

Hey girls.....good question. I have had 3 fills: 1.8, 2.3 and now 3.0 and I too have noticed that restriction varies at times. From my experience:

1. The fluid in the band during the process of a fill or upon pulling out the needle, fuild, and or air can be loss thus affecting restriction;

2. If the band shifts from normal movement of the body, it can shift the fluid inside the band, thus dictating the restriction;

3. Restriction can be tighter during certain times of the day. Mornings are tighter, less restriction in the evening;

4. Restriction can vary against different factors: stress, hormonal changes, or something like a full bladder, ect

5. Finally the band works differently per fill per individual, (eah person's fill amount varies, even with the same size band)

Having restriction of 3.0cc and a band that holds 4cc I may very well be at my "sweet spot". It was not till I got to 3.0, that I was better able to understand the restriction better. Before, I was hitting and missing and like others did not understand the restriction. Finally, restriction can be affected if you eat and drink at the same time or over eat......the pouch is streched and may feel like you have no restriction. (thank God, I have not experienced this problem)

The fills from my experiece is the key to the success of the band. After a fill, you must pay close attention to what YOUR body is saying: after meals, when you eat eat certain foods, getting up in the mornings. This is the beauty of the band, it does something different in all of us. It's like having a customized tool!!

I am excited about learning the process of how the band works. There is no one right answer on "restriction" it varies per person! Learn your band, and in doing so, we can learn something new from you.

Monet