cravings

So as my signature below reads I have been banded 5 weeks. Since this time I no longer crave nor really want any of the foods that I previously enjoyed, including MEXICAN (my favorite)!!! I find myself wanting to eat stuff that I never enjoyed before, the biggest one being MILK!! I crave 1 -2 glasses daily and feel deprived if I don't get it. I was just wondering if anyone else had similiar experiences. Have a good evening Lora

That's funny because I just recently realized that I hardly ever drink milk now! [i always drank skim] We went through a gallon in about 2-3 days, now I have it for a week or more and have to dump it out! I should make sure I drink more though, don't want my old bones to get brittle! :D I did notice that I want ice cream more now [guess I am getting enough milk, huh?] I never ate alot of it, but I sure want it now!! Anyone else????

iwantbanded- I went through a 3 week period (after my first fill) where I ate a lot of ice cream... I have never been an ice cream person before, we never kept it in the house or anything but during that 3 weeks I had more ice cream than I had over the course of all of last year total. It was the sugar free, fat free kind (with the exception of 2 DQ blizzards) but that was the first time since being banded that I hit a plateau (I was stuck at 200lbs for that time) once I got it out of my freezer and out of my mind the weight loss started up again... Classic eating around the band syndrome, happy I got over it!!

Lora- It's funny you posted this I have been craving milk all day and I have had 4 servings/glasses today (1/2 cup at a time) I don't know what it is but it sure hits the spot!! Maybe it is getting me through my ice cream withdrawls!!

lol I'm not sure it got so bad saturday night that 2 of my kids decided to eat a bowl of cereal and finish off the gallon of milk and I went crazy. My husbadn had to go to the store and get more just so I could have a glass. I wasn't even this bad when I was pregnant with any of them. Oh well it could be far worse that I am craving...lmao

Milk????? I crave veggies, and fruit, maybe cause it is looking good in the grocery store right now. I used to be a meat, potatoes and bread girl!